Thread: oh burstnet...

Hybrid View

Angry oh burstnet...

Hi all

Let me firstv say that im not running here to bash burstnet as they provide a very good service.

Though thats where it stops....Supoort... oh my, so yeah burstnet are unmanaged thats fine, though i bought cpanel ( from burstnet ) and came to install it which went fine.

Now when i access cpanel it comes up with licence error, which only burstnet can solve. I submitted my ticket to burstnet, ( oh by the i bought this over 24 hours agao ) and was told i had to wait for sales fo manually do the licence and this can take upto 24 hours, well i am still waiting and no reply back from support nor sales, not even a simple acknowledge of the ticket.

READ: again i must stress that the service in terms of my vps i have with them has been fantastic and still is, though there support is somewhat to be desired.

RANT OVER.

Steve
      0 Not allowed!

Burst has been quite busy on WHT these last couples of days - have you tried calling/opening/or following up with the ticket?
      0 Not allowed!

Have you tried updating the ticket? Sometimes things happen on the backend and it may have been overlooked.

I had this happen with a software license with a company I use. I simply sent a reply to the ticket asking for an update, and had my information quickly after that.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hungry4knowhow View Post
    Have you tried updating the ticket? Sometimes things happen on the backend and it may have been overlooked.
    He was told to wait for the sales to come in.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx
      0 Not allowed!

Burst is usually slower with support and sales, they're a budget provider and are quite large, try calling them
      0 Not allowed!

Updating the ticket usually bumps you back down the queue for most providers here.
      0 Not allowed!

Please PM me your ticket number. Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    He was told to wait for the sales to come in.
    I would imagine though that sales comes in within 24hrs. The way I read it is he had been waiting 24hrs since being told that

Quote Originally Posted by tchen View Post
    Updating the ticket usually bumps you back down the queue for most providers here.
    True, I was just relaying my experience with my provider. In my case it appeared to me that my ticket was overlooked or something and a simple update brought it back to the providers attention.

I should have stated that in my experience I've never waited more than an hour for a knowledgable response/resolution, so when it had been 3-4 hours after sales had come in, I simply sent a reply asking for an update. Minutes later I was taken care of.
      0 Not allowed!

I am so confused with these random BurstNet rants, Ive been a customer of theirs for YEARS and have had an excellent experience. Be it that I manage everything myself, there has been a few cases where I had to open tickets and they always responded within minutes and overall very knowledgeable.

</endpostitiverant>
    The Hostworks:: Offering Managed and Unmanaged VPS
    Shared Web Hosting and Managed E-Mail security services.
    24/7 Support :: 10 year anniversary coming soon!
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by zccopwrx View Post
    I am so confused with these random BurstNet rants, Ive been a customer of theirs for YEARS and have had an excellent experience. Be it that I manage everything myself, there has been a few cases where I had to open tickets and they always responded within minutes and overall very knowledgeable.

</endpostitiverant>
    One thing I've gathered from the rants I've read lately is they all boil down to support.

Burst is pretty upfront with the fact that they are most definitely an unmanaged provider. They hinge their low pricing on this fact.

It seems many of the people ranting, are expecting more management than Burst provides. Not aiming this at this particular rant, but just stating what I see in general from these rants.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi

I have followed up and replyed to the tickets and with no success.

zccopwrx - Like i said burst have given me a very good service, though with the cpanel licence its out of my hands and in theres, seem as though i bought it through burst.

Thanks
    Steve
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by proudbabys View Post
    Now when i access cpanel it comes up with licence error, which only burstnet can solve. I submitted my ticket to burstnet, ( oh by the i bought this over 24 hours agao ) and was told i had to wait for sales fo manually do the licence and this can take upto 24 hours, well i am still waiting and no reply back from support nor sales, not even a simple acknowledge of the ticket.
    http://verify.cpanel.net and check the VPS IP for an active license, if you find it is active

Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt
    From a root shell to force the license file to be pulled again from cPanel.
    Hostigation.com - High Resource Hosting
    WHM/cPanel Servers for Hosting and Dedicated Needs
    SolusVM VPS Hosting - Big Features, Small Prices
    Like us on Facebook or follow @hostigation on Twitter
      0 Not allowed!

Okay.

• The ticket was opened at 02:59PM on the 10th.
    • Our first response was at 4:40PM that the order was still in sales processing.
    • This was an upgrade order, and upgrade orders can take 24 hours to process
    • The upgrade order was placed at 6:52AM on the 10th.
    • Sales walked in the door at 9AM today.
    • At 9:08AM his IP was licensed (I should stress that I was not aware of his ticket number at this time, so that was with no intervention from me)

We are working on automating the licensing process, but until then, we're only human, and can only do so much in a day (Hence the 24 hour part).

0 Not allowed!

8 minutes to license a cPanel IP!? Come on Burst!

</sarcasm>
      0 Not allowed!

Hi BurstNET CSM

I totally understand your comments and take them on board.

This has now been resolved.

Steve
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by proudbabys View Post
    Hi BurstNET CSM

I totally understand your comments and take them on board.

This has now been resolved.

Steve
    Glad to hear that. Let's close this one up.
      0 Not allowed!