Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are the cheapest vps hosting providers Cheapest VPS ever?

I've been looking for sometimes for a cheap vps hosting provider and i thought I share this review with you because i have read many reviews on this forum. This is my first post and I hope to be helpful to somebody.

I found 3 very cheap vps providers:

Burst.net: Very cheap, provide Linux and Microsoft vps, some downtime should be expected, the support is not that good but if you have a low budget, look into that.

Micohosting.com: since you cannot find many reviews for micohosting on the web, I'll create my own review because I was a former costumer and who knows, I might comeback someday:

micohosting is a bit cheaper than burst.net, The servers are located in USA, they provide Linux vps hosting, microsoft vps are coming soon, the support team is great, some downtime maybe expected but nothing serious, and not always, micohosting is just very good hosting provider

Chvps.com: If you're woundering why I left micohosting.com it's because i found chvps.com, it's the cheapest vps provider you'll ever find, they only provide Linux vps and no dedicated servers. The servers are located in Switzerland, but the only drawback is this, if you want to have it for a cheap price then you won't order a managed server and the support team won't help you, so if you're counting on the support team for help, go for micohosting.com, if you can do everything by yourself, googling when you have a problem or asking on forums without any support team then chvps.com is the one for you. One more thing, lets say you choose centos, yum will be installed, if you reload it, then yum will not be installed. In that case you can install yum by yourself or the support team will install it for you did not paid for their help

I hope you like these hosting services and i hope that I have helped you Thanks for reading
    Last edited by elieobeid7; 08-30-2011 at 03:39 PM.

I have seen a hosting company offer $0.99/month VPSes before. I wonder if they made it.
    Synersis Media | Boutique Technology Marketing Agency

BuyVM offers $15/year ($1.25/month). That's pretty cheap.

@Zachary McClung if you find the link I'll be glade to try it I try anything, if it's not good I leave, if it's good I stay

@k_ross yes it's cheap but it's not a true vps, i mean compare it to chvps.com, chvps.com is much better

Do you say that because it's OpenVZ and not Xen?

Quote Originally Posted by elieobeid7 View Post
    @Zachary McClung if you find the link I'll be glade to try it I try anything, if it's not good I leave, if it's good I stay

@k_ross yes it's cheap but it's not a true vps, i mean compare it to chvps.com, chvps.com is much better
    If I remember correctly it was a special holiday promotion.
    Synersis Media | Boutique Technology Marketing Agency

@k_ross no sir, i say that because chvps offers 256mb of ram with another 512 burst ram, 20 gb of disk space and 1 tb of bandwidth for around 4$ per month, buyvm doesn't come close to that and if you go to buyvm and click order now:

We are currently out of stock on this item so orders for it have been suspended until more stock is available. For furthur information, please contact us.

so it's not as good as chvps and it's not working

@k_ross i just noticed that buyvm is a reseller for frantech.ca i visited the site, and they are so affordable

123systems.net has a $10/yr plan.

Hostigation.com has a $4/qtr plan.

@portalgod 123systems.net is not as good as chvps.com but i like hostigation.com, I'll stay with chvps.com because it's very similar so you know there's no big difference, so I'll leave my website where it is, but I'm having a problem, cheap vps are easy to find, i have yet to find an affordable dedicated server, and soon I'll need one, if you can find one great, if not then I'll host my site on multiple vps, cheaper and smarter way

serverstadium.com has cheap dedicated servers, starting at $35/month.

How is it better? Because they're trying to pass virtuozzo off as 'cloud' ? I'm sorry but you're sounding like a really bad shill at this point

CHVPS is either heavily capping their IO with virtuozzo or are just using really crappy raids given the outcry on lowendbox over it.

Francisco

@k_ross thank you sir, interesting web hosting company

@DeltaAnime i won't argue with you because:

1- I checked your profile and it seems that you work at frantech (buyvm) so there's no point of arguing with you sir, you work there, it's your job to defend your company

2- because you haven't tried chvps

but i want to ask you, does buyvm provide anything that you can't get on a shared hosting? say justhost.com i mean for around 3$? DOES IT EVEN WORK? At the very very least, chvps works!

@k_ross thank you sir, interesting web hosting company

@DeltaAnime i won't argue with you because:

1- I checked your profile and it seems that you work at frantech (buyvm) so there's no point of arguing with you sir, you work there, it's your job to defend your company

2- because you haven't tried chvps

but i want to ask you, does buyvm provide anything that you can't get on a shared hosting? say justhost.com i mean for around 3$? DOES IT EVEN WORK? At the very very least, chvps works!
    You've got a couple things wrong with BuyVM. They're not a reseller. It's just a lower end budget brand line run by the same people at Frantech. Their VPS are OpenVZ, so where your shared hosting bit comes from is a bit bizarre.

I'm a customer of BuyVM, their disk IO's been the best so far at the low end of the market. A lot of other places (HostRail *cough*) were just horrible. The only downside I can give prospective customers though for BuyVM is that there are the occasional hiccups that affect performance (usually some host FSCK) as they proactively manage their servers. It might just be some bias since they're one of the few providers to even bother informing their customers about what they're doing.

Another provider to possibly look at would be QuickWeb.

What do you mean does it even work? Why would you say that it doesn't work? You're seriously starting to sound like a shill or at the very least a troll.

But on the off chance that you are neither, most all budget VPSs (including BuyVM), allow you to do plenty of things you can't do on a shared hosting site, including but not limited to:

- Running a VPN server
    - Running an HTTP proxy
    - Installing and running a Flash streaming video service, such as rtmpd (uses almost no CPU or memory, it's very efficient).
    - Basically running any internet service other than a web server.

@k_ross why doesn't buyvm.net work? go there and press on the order now button, you'll see this

We are currently out of stock on this item so orders for it have been suspended until more stock is available. For furthur information, please contact us.

The service is down

Okay I see what you mean. Yes they are closed to new customers. But as far as I know their service works fine for existing customers.

Saying "doesn't work" was a poor choice of words. But I see what you're saying.

@k_ross why doesn't buyvm.net work? go there and press on the order now button, you'll see this

The service is down
    How can we 'not work' when we sold 2000 vps's this month? We're awaiting some RMA's to come back so we can get the last of our stock up, but that's about it

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

ok ok sorry for choosing the wrong words

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    How can we 'not work' when we sold 2000 vps's this month? We're awaiting some RMA's to come back so we can get the last of our stock up, but that's about it

Francisco
    I'm anxiously awaiting those RMAs to work out..

Burst.net: Very cheap, provide Linux and Microsoft vps, some downtime should be expected, the support is not that good but if you have a low budget, look into that.
    I disagree. In my 3 months with BurstNET and 2 of their base 512MB VPS accounts, the only downtime I experienced was when I messed something up. Their support has also been extremely quick and thorough.

@WhichGunDotCom i have not really been a costumer for burst.net, i worked once on 1 of their ms vps to set it up for my friend and that's it but i read negative reviews about it everywhere just google "burst.net review"

http://bit.ly/ocfzc9

http://bit.ly/rc1sa7

again i cannot argue with you since I've never try, maybe you are right and they are wrong

@WhichGunDotCom i have not really been a costumer for burst.net, i worked once on 1 of their ms vps to set it up for my friend and that's it but i read negative reviews about it everywhere just google "burst.net review"

http://bit.ly/ocfzc9

http://bit.ly/rc1sa7

again i cannot argue with you since I've never try, maybe you are right and they are wrong

Blah...We have been in business longer than many hosts around here have been alive. In such a long time in business, and with as many clients as we have, we're gonna have alot more bad reviews than most...it's simple math. This is a service industry, and you cannot please every client. not matter how hard you try. For every complaint you see, we have hundreds of happy clientele you never hear from. Just because you see a complain, does not mean it is legitimate, the whole story, or something we did wrong. 90%+ of the complaints about us on WHT in the past 3 years or so, are nonsense, client fault, or just plain untrue. I can only assume the same from other sites with reviews, if it wasn't even competitors posting such garbage. We also have some pretty darn inexpensive services, and it tends to attract newbies, spammers, AUP/TOS violators, etc...who then get kicked off, or leave due to their own issues...and then make these nonsense complaints online about us.

We may not be the host for everyone, no host is, so judge for yourself if service is good, not the title of forum threads, nor complaints of anonymous users with an agenda. You don't get to be our size in the industry with providing as poor service as these individuals state. Sure, we're human, and we make mistakes from time to time, but more often then not, we don't, even when people claim we do.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

@BurstNET you have a good point sir, but this is my point of view:

if i am a new costumer, i want to read some reviews before i choose my hosting company, i keep googling and seeing negative reviews - what would you do then?

i know that the reviews may not be right, but as a new costumer you have 2 choices: take the risk and go for burst.net or believe it and go way - why would i take the risk if i just read too many negative reviews

as i said you have a very good point, but new costumers won't think like that.

@BurstNET you have a good point sir, but this is my point of view:

if i am a new costumer, i want to read some reviews before i choose my hosting company, i keep googling and seeing negative reviews - what would you do then?

i know that the reviews may not be right, but as a new costumer you have 2 choices: take the risk and go for burst.net or believe it and go way - why would i take the risk if i just read too many negative reviews

as i said you have a very good point, but new costumers won't think like that.

Maybe some won't, but most realize the reviews for what they are, and safely ignore them.
    I can assure you, by our year after year growth rate, enough do just that.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast