Thread: server beach??

server beach??

I already read through all teh post and searched server beach...

Here is what i want to know:

Anyone have them currently? Whats your experiece? Network issues?

Thanks

I manage a server hosted at serverbeach. While their prices are currently not the absolute best you can find, there network uptime has been good and the server hardware has been running fine. (they did have a short service interruption last year, but it was resolved quickly given the circumstances, and they have been up and running well since then)

I have never had to contact their support, so I don't know how good it is.

But all in all, they seem to do a decent job.

thanks for the info

I'm from Canada so I don't mind the Peer1 bandwidth but I'd have to say that I wouldn't use them for Los Angeles - as the peering sucks- you need Level3 bandwidth provider down there. But up in Canada they are good.

I've had servers at ServerBeach for 5 years now. (i think it's that long. I know I've been with them since they opened).

I've had outstanding results from them. I wish the prices were a little lower but other than that I've had great service. Keep in mind I rarely use support so I don't have a lot of experience there.

Network stability has always been good and got better when Peer1 came along.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Ive been with serverbeach for at least 2 years now and the service has been nothing short of PHENOMINAL!

I started out using Plesk, didnt like it, so they happily switched me over to Cpanel at no extra charge, beyond the additional license cost of cpanel( I think its an extra 30.00/mo beyond the standard webmin). Ive had to deal with tech support quite abit for various different problems beyond that. They gave me I think 2 additional support tickets beyond the ones you get for free to help me get everything up and running properly.

I was a little scared a few months back, when the San Antonio, Texas data center had problems. My server was completely down and it took me a few hours to get through to a sales guy on the phone and find out what was going on. I don't think the server was down for more than half a day before they got the datacenter back up and running. I don't remember what the problem was, but that is the only down time Ive had ever since Ive had the server.

Recently there was a problem with /scripts/easyapache . I opened up a support ticket. They spent a couple days on the issue, and pointed me to cpanel forums outlining the issue. I waited for a few days, and when cpanel released an update to fix the problem they happily updated cpanel for me.

They have a very nice online support ticket system and they have always gotten back to me within one day or less.

The only downfall is that you have to pay 15.00 per support ticket now, but usually this is more then enough to fix any issue.

I haver their cheapest/oldest server(1 GHZ athlon 512 MB RAM 10 mbps 900 GB transfer) and it has no problem handling the 13 customers that I have, and the cpu usage is never hardly ever more than 1%.

I don't keep close track of bandwidth usage, but Im pretty sure it is more then enough to handle 50-100 customers, if you make sure to create your hosting packages to reasonable use reasonable amounts.

I only know of 2 different datacenters that these guys use. One in San Fransisco, California and the other in San Antonio, Texas. You can easily check your IP to figure out which one your in. However since they have now merged with Peer1 I don't know where all of Peer ones datacenters are located.

Im paying 129.00/month with cpanel leased license.
    Last edited by agweb; 07-06-2006 at 02:10 PM.