hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Leaseweb or i3d?

Forum Jump

Leaseweb or i3d?

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by erahul88 View Post
You can get a brand new network card for $10 in future
Yes i actually asked them several times to replace the network card with one that works 100% with their advertised OSes but they refused to replace it

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2012, 11:15 AM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by erahul88 View Post
i3d have many kind offers. leaseweb provide limited offers.

But i have seen some bad reviews of i3d towards asking for Euro 17.50 per 15 Mins Paid technical support in case you forgot your root password or have to reinstall OS or any other unknown issues that made your server goes off and alot of hard disk failure cases.
The hardware issues you're describing were with a budget line of server we used a few years ago. They were taken out of comission shortly after the hardware issues became apparent and all clients were offered high quality Dell or HP servers as replacements.

Regarding our "paid technical support" that would be remote hands support. Any issue related to hardware/network or regular tech questions are handled free of charge and is part of our standard technical support. When a client requires remote hands work they are billed as such, this is common practice though and is always communicated up front.

@Flapadar: We only use Dell and HP servers, no Supermicro. Every server has remote power management. Virtual console or KVM is an optional upgrade available to every client.

@WWS2010: I don't know exactly who you are but I'm sorry that you weren't happy with us, I don't know your client history so I can't really comment, nothing spring to mind immediately with the problems you described.

We normally have no issue with getting custom hardware for clients though.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWS2010 View Post
i3D always leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I had a dedicated fasttrack server with them sometime ago.

There was always a problem with the networking card drivers which made the server very unstable. OS reinstallations took hours. On one day they decided to do an unannounced datacenter move, leaving all servers offline for 2 or 3 days.

When i cancelled my server due to failure to fulfil obligations ('wanprestatie' in dutch) they sent a collection agency after me. i3D = avoid avoid avoid so i suggest you go with Leaseweb. You'll never know when i3D is going to do strange things like unannounced datacenter moves or delivering servers with networking cards that aren't supported in CentOS again.
^That.

I have seen a lot of posts here in WHT writing the same thing about how difficult is to cancel a server with i3d, and how they ignore you and send that collection agency anyway. At first I thought it was an old thing that i3d was doing, but after your post, it still seems to be a common practice of them. Thank you very much for this review. I think I'm ready to order my servers with Leaseweb.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2012, 04:22 PM
WHT Addict

Just to set the record straight:

Our cancellation policy is quite simple, each dedicated server needs to be cancelled BEFORE the server expires. There's a cancel button on the details page of the dedicated server. That's all there is to it. No crazy secrets, no ignoring clients (no idea where that comes from to begin with), just press the cancel button before the server expires.

If you look at some of the people who have been on WHT complaining about our policy you'll see that some have had MONTHS of overdue invoices and never responded to any payment reminders.

(Also note that WWS hasn't been a client since 2009 judging from his post)

Old 03-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnoc View Post
All our dedicated server configurations have multiple traffic options, including 100TB on a dedicated gigabit port.
Quote:
Our sales team is always willing to work with you on that. Besides, you might not be comparing apples with apples here. Some providers have content restrictions, others do not have a 24/7 support and sales team. Hardware might be quite different as well as network quality, You be the judge.
Well that was a waste of time. I contacted them and they told me straight away that they can't match Leaseweb or i3d offers. They just wanted to spam in my thread.

In the end I chose Leaseweb. Seems to be the only one that do the things right.

Last edited by Aldahart; 03-01-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldahart View Post
Well, that was a waste of time. I contacted them and they told me straight away that they can't match Leaseweb or i3d offers.
I just reviewed the ticket conversation between one of our sales engineers and you. What you described above is not an accurate description of the conversation.
You told our sales engineer that you wanted a match on i3d/Leaseweb offer, then you mention a spec and a target price.
Our sales engineer asked you for the competitors quotes and told you he would need up to 24 hours to give you a quote. You replied that he should look on the websites of the competitor and told him your in a hurry and cannot wait (long for) a quote.
Our sales engineer then thanked you for considering us, but told you he will pass on this opportunity. He did this, because he knew we could not guarantee a very fast quote, since you asked him to dig out the specifications from the competitors websites and when he would find it, he had to get his managers approval for proposing a better deal.
His manager has another shift today, so he had to pass on this one to not disappoint you, as you clearly told him you have no time to wait for the quote.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
I just reviewed the ticket conversation between one of our sales engineers and you. What you described above is not an accurate description of the conversation.
You told our sales engineer that you wanted a match on i3d/Leaseweb offer, then you mention a spec and a target price.
Our sales engineer asked you for the competitors quotes and told you he would need up to 24 hours to give you a quote. You replied that he should look on the websites of the competitor and told him your in a hurry and cannot wait (long for) a quote.
Our sales engineer then thanked you for considering us, but told you he will pass on this opportunity. He did this, because he knew we could not guarantee a very fast quote, since you asked him to dig out the specifications from the competitors websites and when he would find it, he had to get his managers approval for proposing a better deal.
His manager has another shift today, so he had to pass on this one to not disappoint you, as you clearly told him you have no time to wait for the quote.
Hello,

I'm sorry, I assumed that it would be very easy for you to find Leaseweb and i3d 100 TB offers since they're at 1 (one) click away from their home page. I thought 24 hs was a lot to ask your manager about the quote, so I asked if it could take less than that. With a little of goodwill we could had the bussiness going, and I only contacted you because YOU came here (on a Leaseweb/i3d thread) to offer me the service.