VPS Recommendations

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a VPS host who can provide the following, any good recommendations?

Starting at...
    - 1 core with speeds of upto 3GHz
    - 512 MB internal memory (RAM)
    - Storage space of 10GB
    - managed server
    - prefer server to be located in LA or Singapore
    - Linux with cPanel

May upgrade to...
    - 2 core with speeds of upto 3GHz
    - 2 GB internal memory (RAM)
    - Storage space of 20GB

Thanks!

You might need to specify your budget too so members can recommend according to your budget.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

How much bandwidth do you need & like you've been already told by others that you need to mention your budget also.

opps... sorry

I don't know how much I'm expected to pay and how much bandwidth I need, i'm a noob... i'm hosting a shopping cart. Probably start small but have the flexibility to upgrade later?

Quote Originally Posted by IAmLeonids View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm looking for a VPS host who can provide the following, any good recommendations?

Starting at...
    - Storage space of 10GB
    - managed server
    - Linux with cPanel

May upgrade to...
    - Storage space of 20GB

Thanks!
    512MB for cPanel is very very thin. To be honest, at those specs, I wouldn't go for a VPS. What I would look for is hybrid shared. You can get those specs on a shared server, and it will run better, and work better for you than a VPS with those specs will. Not to mention, you're adding a lot of cost for cPanel licensing, and for management.

I would start smaller with Hybrid Shared, it'll be much cheaper, give you want you need, then let you move forward. And, it can even go for your upgrade. Then later on, move to a VPS if you really need it.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

cPanel alone needs about 300-400 MB to run. Then you are leaving about 100 MB for all of the other services + your website. I would recommend at least 1.5 GB of RAM or more.

- Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by UH-Bobby View Post
    512MB for cPanel is very very thin. To be honest, at those specs, I wouldn't go for a VPS. What I would look for is hybrid shared. You can get those specs on a shared server, and it will run better, and work better for you than a VPS with those specs will. Not to mention, you're adding a lot of cost for cPanel licensing, and for management.

I would start smaller with Hybrid Shared, it'll be much cheaper, give you want you need, then let you move forward. And, it can even go for your upgrade. Then later on, move to a VPS if you really need it.
    Thanks bob! I'm currently on reseller 2 on ezpzhosting, are the prices going to be about the same with the same amount of specs? sorry i'm kinda clueless after not been in this webhosting thing for 2 years... ha!

Quote Originally Posted by TmzHosting View Post
    cPanel alone needs about 300-400 MB to run. Then you are leaving about 100 MB for all of the other services + your website. I would recommend at least 1.5 GB of RAM or more.

- Daniel
    thanks dan! I was thinking if I really need cpanel for just 1 site... but i'm so used to cpanel's interface... ha! :\

What cart are you running? isn't it included with your existing cPanel service?
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence

thanks dan! I was thinking if I really need cpanel for just 1 site... but i'm so used to cpanel's interface... ha! :\
    You can use a control panel like http://www.webmin.com/ for example, which takes up less resources than cPanel, but I would still recommend something more than 500 MB of RAM.

- Daniel

Thanks bob! I'm currently on reseller 2 on ezpzhosting, are the prices going to be about the same with the same amount of specs? sorry i'm kinda clueless after not been in this webhosting thing for 2 years... ha!
    Yes, usually hybrid shared and reseller pricing runs around the same I think. At least that's what I've seen.

Since you have only 1 site, I'd strongly recommend going that route. Reseller gives you many accounts with resources per account, but what you need is 1 account with more resources. Hybrid shared is the answer for that.

To be honest, I wouldn't go VPS at all. Even if you save money by going webmin, the provider will charge somewhere for management, so a VPS is going to be a lot of overhead, and for one site I'd start smaller. You can always upgrade back to VPS later. Work with your host to determine when you need to upgrade.

VPS is great, and is powerful, but too many people go for it and really don't use it or take advantage of it as it is intended, or worse yet don't even need it.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Terrence View Post
    What cart are you running? isn't it included with your existing cPanel service?
    i'm running the customized version of magento

i'm running the customized version of magento
    Why you don't try yo continue with EZPZ?if you are satisfied in their reseller host you can migrate to their Managed VPS plan.

At this point pay more attention to RAM than CPU cores.
    Either way if you choose a host with scalable options, you should be able to adjust relatively easily as your needs change.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerSub View Post
    Why you don't try yo continue with EZPZ?if you are satisfied in their reseller host you can migrate to their Managed VPS plan.
    their vps is too expensive...

their vps is too expensive...
    So, how much you want to pay?any budget plan?and would you like to install any admin panel?

Hi guys, I'm still more than 6 months... I'm still looking for a VPS, I was recommended AWS EC2 c3.large, but I got a feeling that this is like an over kill, I've initially signed up for an account with them but had some issue, my ticket wasn't answered, so i decided to just seek alternatives. Any recommendations?

Still the same specs I'm looking at.

Thanks

Hi guys, I'm still more than 6 months... I'm still looking for a VPS, I was recommended AWS EC2 c3.large, but I got a feeling that this is like an over kill, I've initially signed up for an account with them but had some issue, my ticket wasn't answered, so i decided to just seek alternatives. Any recommendations?

Still the same specs I'm looking at.

Thanks
    again any idea about budget?

Well, again I have no idea how much I should be paying for this. I guess anything cheaper than AWS should be reasonable?

Hi guys,

Starting at...
    - Storage space of 10GB
    - managed server
    - Linux with cPanel

May upgrade to...
    - Storage space of 20GB

Thanks!
    You need at-least 1GB RAM to run cPanel and Magento.
    For such VPS configuration... you can look into the "VPS Offer" section.

Thanks
    ██ Shop4Host, Bangladeshi Web Hosting - Proudly serving since 2011
    ██ Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Dedicated Servers - Cheap SSL Certificates
    ██ Reseller Hosting with Pure SSD Storage - 99.99% Uptime - Fast Support
    ██ CloudLinux | LiteSpeed | Daily Backups | 24x7 Support | 5+ Years in Business