Smile need vps in brazil quite urgently

hi,

i have been looking around for a vps in brazil for a customer (physical server location has to be brazil_) and came across:

host1plus
    hostdime brazil (a little bit expensive, though)
    maxihost

anybody having experiences with them? which one is good? any others to recommend?

we have some experiences with hostdime, we had servers in the usa with them qand have two servers in the uk, they are good, but as mentioned, quite expensive in brazil - a little bit over our budget, which is app. us$ 40.- to us$ 50.- max./month for a vps with 1-2 gb ram...

you will find a different web hosting environment in South America. you will not find bargains like you do in Germany, France, Netherlands or USA. adjust your budget accordingly or change the location to Miami.
    MONDOSERV - www.mondoserv.com
    Dedicated Servers, VDS, DDoS Protection, Pre-virtualized Dedicated Servers
    Romania, Germany, Netherlands, Italy, France, USA & Other Locations

yes, thx, i know that (and i know that the network connections from miami or orlando to south america would be very good too), but we absolutely need a server located in brazil. i saw that maxihost and host1plus have very low prices for brazil, and therefore my question is whether anyone has had experiences with them...

try host1plus, their price and performance is good i've made an independent review about them.
    ||||Cheap VPS review from VPSFRENZY.COM
    ||||Join our Facebook for the latest updates

thx, i will do that...

I have a server with both HostDime and MaxiHost.

You're right that HostDime is fairly expensive. I'm not sure they're worth the added expense, but we haven't had too many issues with their service.

We added MaxiHost as a secondary location in Brazil, but also as a cheaper option for our customers. Their prices are much more competitive, and we've had no issues with their service. My only complaint with them was the few times we've needed their support (related to upgrading to a higher plan, no actual issues), the process was a bit slow.
    WonderProxy can help your team do localization testing from around the globe. With more than 250 locations there's no excuse for not testing your website.
    The Where's It Up? API can help multiply your monitoring infrastructure. You can request pings, traceroutes, DNS checks, and HTTP checks from all across the WonderProxy network.

thx. yes hostdime is expensive, but support is good, at least for their us and uk locastions. but they are over budget for our customer. maxihost looks good abnd they replied to us, but there were a little bit slower than host1plus, so we have ordered with them. their prices are also quite low for brazil. will see how it goes. host1plus had mixed reviews in WHT, goood ones and bad ones, but all the bad ones had been from 2-4 years ago only...

Amazon EC2 in Brazil has been very good for me so far.

hostdime might be interesting for you, especially if you need managed support, so that's would be kind of hassle free for you.
    Old Guy in WHT.
    IT Expert | Hosting Professional.
    Over 12 Years of Hosting Experience.

i know AWS has a location in south america

http://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/now-...and-lots-more/

Quote Originally Posted by petersb View Post
    we have some experiences with hostdime, we had servers in the usa with them qand have two servers in the uk, they are good, but as mentioned, quite expensive in brazil - a little bit over our budget, which is app. us$ 40.- to us$ 50.- max./month for a vps with 1-2 gb ram...
    Thanks for working with us in the past and maybe present

If you talk to someone in our team am sure they can work on a discount for you as an existing client.
    | Manny Vivar - manny.v@hostdime.com| HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |

Quote Originally Posted by BigWillyStyle42 View Post
    I have a server with both HostDime and MaxiHost.

You're right that HostDime is fairly expensive. I'm not sure they're worth the added expense, but we haven't had too many issues with their service.

We added MaxiHost as a secondary location in Brazil, but also as a cheaper option for our customers. Their prices are much more competitive, and we've had no issues with their service. My only complaint with them was the few times we've needed their support (related to upgrading to a higher plan, no actual issues), the process was a bit slow.
    The main and biggest difference is that all our servers are fully managed where as Maxihost isn't. If you don't need full management the pricing will be lower. However with Full management comes the full support when you need it
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2003
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Private Cloud
    | Data Centers in Florida, USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands
    | Colombia |

Quote Originally Posted by nikolakidman View Post
    hostdime might be interesting for you, especially if you need managed support, so that's would be kind of hassle free for you.
    Thanks for the recommendation!
    | Colombia |

Quote Originally Posted by petersb View Post
    thx. yes hostdime is expensive, but support is good, at least for their us and uk locastions. but they are over budget for our customer. maxihost looks good abnd they replied to us, but there were a little bit slower than host1plus, so we have ordered with them. their prices are also quite low for brazil. will see how it goes. host1plus had mixed reviews in WHT, goood ones and bad ones, but all the bad ones had been from 2-4 years ago only...
    You get what you pay for as they say!
    | Colombia |

i do not recommend them at all, in case of over-payment cause of the subscription they will not refund, they will add the founds as credit into your account, in case you will ask for a refund they will deny it. because of this i opened a paypal dispute and they immediately shutdown our server, and I'm not talking about a vps, a dual xeon dedicated server, they are stealing my money and they are forcing us to remain their customers with the credit added on our account, also about the performance, the server its ok, nothing to complain about it, the problem was that we had 1024 ips attached to it, and daily some of the ips stops responding, the problem is them their router devices in the dc, we have opened over 20 tickets about this issue with no results.
    i read more reviews about this , and i'm not the only one with this problems, ips downs and refuse of refund in case of overpayment, suspended service in case of paypal dispute even the server its overpaid.

regarding "not recommended"

whom don't you recommend at all? hostdime? well, i do not know how they are in brazil, i never used their servers there, but we have had 4 servers with them in the usa until a few years ago and are having now 2 servers in the uk with them, and - except a few glitches, which happen with every server provider there and then - all has been ok so far, support, service and also billing matters...

I don't think he is talking about us because we don't take paypal subscriptions. Not sure if talking about maxi host or host 1 mentioned int his thread as well
    | Colombia |

yes, manny, he did not clarify that...

Our Clients have ability to choose either to subscribe for recurring payments either they can pay manually each billing cycle, if the client overpays the balance accidentally then the money is kept in the account credit balance.

By the way SPPChristian we have replied to your issue and we always are willing to solve the problem, this is our number 1 priority. Here is our reply to Your review: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...02&postcount=4

Thanks!

that's good!