Talking Bill Gates, no longer the richest man, not even the 2nd richest man..

Still in the third thou:

After 13 years on top, Bill Gates is no longer the richest man in the world. That honor now belongs to his friend and sometimes bridge partner Warren Buffett.
    http://www.forbes.com/2008/03/05/ric...rss_popstories

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

'richest man'.

well. thinking of the untold bazillions sitting in swiss banks, and thinking how many people are in around europe, far from media's sight, i kinda find those richest man lists funny.

Unless I'm mistaken this is old news. Being at the top of such a list is nothing to be proud of either, in my opinion.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

Quote Originally Posted by azizny View Post
    Still in the third thou:
    I sure he won't lose too much sleep over it (especially if he's not the richest because of his philanthropic work)

Quote Originally Posted by Equentity - Pauly View Post
    Being at the top of such a list is nothing to be proud of either, in my opinion.
    Let's not forget that it's not the rich people who make these lists. We have no idea if Billy is proud of his fortune or not, but lists as a matter of pride are concocted by the media. I don't hold his riches against him
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by unity100 View Post
    'richest man'.

well. thinking of the untold bazillions sitting in swiss banks, and thinking how many people are in around europe, far from media's sight, i kinda find those richest man lists funny.
    Definately.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/10/...es_Rank_2.html

Look at all the Waltons. They should list self made billionaires, not people who ride the the dime of someone else and then inherit it all when the person dies. I have far more respect for the self made rich people.

I wonder if Buffet is calling up his good old pal Gates and seeing if M$N will go and finally buy out Yahoo! Search Engine. I hear he will make a nice $500m profit on that deal...
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdude View Post
    http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/10/...es_Rank_2.html

Look at all the Waltons. They should list self made billionaires, not people who ride the the dime of someone else and then inherit it all when the person dies. I have far more respect for the self made rich people.
    Bill Gates/Steve Jobs/etc... made their money too. Except they didn't do it by opening retail stores, but rather technological advances which help people.

Buffet is the one who refuses to own a cell phone and other material. He seems like a decent person.

Quote Originally Posted by WHTer View Post
    Bill Gates/Steve Jobs/etc... made their money too. Except they didn't do it by opening retail stores, but rather technological advances which help people.
    Thats what I mean. I respect them. They got rich by their own skills. The Waltons are only rich because daddy did all the hard work and they inherited his money after he died.... like most of the others on the top 100.

Being rich due to inheritance isnt impressive. Being rich due to your own intelligence is.

I came at number 31 on the list

Should this be richest westerners?

I've heard the money in some of the middle eastern royal families in oil rich countries outshine them by quite a bit.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

The only interesting ones are the one that didn't inherit their fortune and made the money themselves.I wonder how much of their fortune is pure luck.

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

Yeah I knew this for a while now, Isnt it a oil indian guy?