Looking at reseller options

I am currently with Netvirtue on the nvMicro Web Hosting plan. My renewal is up and given the nature of the 3 sites I host it's probably a worthwhile task of seeing what else is around that may present better value for money.

I would prefer another CPanel site from an easier migration point of view. I'm not fussed whether the provider is Aus or US based, just as long as the support is reasonable. I do need MySQL as the sites run WordPress.

Any recommendations would be great.

I assume this is something to do price?

IMHO, if you are happy with your current host, better stick with them.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

The questions I have is what problems do you have with your current host?
    How substantial are those problems?
    Is it massive downtime?
    Is it poor customer service, poor quality of customer service?
    Can you work with your current host to resolve any of these concerns?

Before deciding to change hosts, you need to find out more information about your prospective hosts:
    How many clients are there on their servers? If they have over 200 clients, are they running cloudlinux?
    What type of servers do they use?
    do they have offsite backups?
    24 hour support? is it required?
    what are their incidental costs, such as extra ip costs, etc etc..
    uptime guarantee per server..

Remember, if you are looking at saving money, you have to ask will I end up with substantial downtime for the money I saved..

There are dozens of recommendations for different web hosts, but just randomly jumping in and just picking the cheapest or whoever without doing research is important.

Good luck with your search and your choices.
    Small Budget Hosting - Starter Hosting, Advanced Hosting - Reseller Hosting

You can open new account with new host (of course first of all you need to find that). Do not close your current account. Adjust testing on both of them and then compare results. After that you will understand if that worth to move all of your sites there or not.
    New host doesn't always mean better host.

I am assuming you are located in the land down under?

As with every renewal, it is always good to review whether you are getting the best value for your dollars and it can be pretty exciting. However before proceeding with any move, you should draw out a list of pros and cons your current hosting provider offers so that you can classify a better deal from one that is not. Additionally, the location of the servers does matter depending on your target audience. The variation in loading speed and transfer rates can be huge.
    HostWithLove.com - World Class Hosting Personalized - 9 Locations Across 4 Continents
    Fully Managed Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated and Dedicated Servers
    cPanel/WHM | CloudLinux | JetBackup | LiteSpeed | MariaDB | SpamExperts Outbound Filtering
    Locations: Dallas, Los Angeles, Miami, Quebec, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Singapore and Sydney

First thing to be considered here is whether the current hosting provider is able to meet your requirements or not. If no, have you ever discussed this with them to sort out the issues? Or if they are able to provide a stable service and support for you then you might consider giving them a chance to see if they can offer some discount for you.

It is always your choice to try the better options but when you try another option you should be extra careful not to go below the quality of service you are enjoying now.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    Nginx / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Migration of your sites to any other cpanel host should be fine and hassle free so that should never be an issue, incase you wish to move on. Perhaps you might need to check out the quick support part, and verify if the guarenteed support times are met.
    [LOCATIONS] SINGAPORE. AUSTRALIA. JAPAN. INDIA. HONG KONG. USA. UK. NETHERLANDS. BRAZIL. SOUTH AFRICA
    MyCompanyWeb™: Start Your Own Professional Web Hosting Company in 24 Hours
    SkyNetHosting.Net - SEO Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Shared Hosting & VPS - 12 Years in Business!
    Dedicated IP + SSL + WHMCS + Domain Reseller + Master Reseller + 100% SSD + End User Support and More!

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Jake View Post
    It is always your choice to try the better options but when you try another option you should be extra careful not to go below the quality of service you are enjoying now.

This happens time and time again on WHT. Users chasing a better value only to find the grass wasn't as green as it looked from across the street.

@geeklingo, if you decide to make a change, I'd test the new provider a bit before closing your current account. Doing so will save you a headache if your new host isn't what you expected.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts

Do you have any specific requirement like minimum disk space and account creation limit?
    AdroitSSD LLC - Incredible™ Hosting Platform| In Business Since 2012 | 24/7 Real Support
    Pure SSD Hosting - 90 Days Moneyback Guarantee! | LiteSpeed + LSCache | 99.95% Uptime | CloudLinux
    SSD KVM VPS - INTENSE™ DDOS Protection |1 Gbit port Speed | LiteSpeed & Softaculous License

Quote Originally Posted by geeklingo View Post
    I am currently with Netvirtue on the nvMicro Web Hosting plan. My renewal is up and given the nature of the 3 sites I host it's probably a worthwhile task of seeing what else is around that may present better value for money.

I would prefer another CPanel site from an easier migration point of view. I'm not fussed whether the provider is Aus or US based, just as long as the support is reasonable. I do need MySQL as the sites run WordPress.

Is there a reason you want to move away from them? If it's price alone, then I would weigh up the service you're getting against the price you're paying.. If you're getting good service & good support, might be worth thinking twice, however if it's to do with low quality support/service or perhaps there are other hosts which offer features that they don't, then it would be a good idea to begin researching for your new host.

There are thousands of web hosts catering to every little corner of the market, so it may be worth posting what your requirements (space/bandwidth/budget + anything else specific to your sites) so you get some decent relevant suggestions .

Well with the current host you are on now is there something that is making you wanting to look elsewhere or is just because of the price? Have you tried to reach out to them first to see if they can give you a better price for what you are looking for.
    What exactly are you looking for or do you have a specific budget you want to focus on for a new account?

What are you looking for that you may not be getting with your current host
    U.S.A. High Resource allocation global cloud hosting serving 310,000 clients since 2008 | Offering both cPanel & DirectAdmin
    WebsitePlex.com | Instant Activation | Alpha, Master, Reseller & Cloud Hosting
    Recurring Affiliate Program Pays 20% of total revenue for life | 30 Day Trial

Quote Originally Posted by geeklingo View Post

Looking at NetVirtue plans I take it you are on their Reseller-Micro (took me a while to find that haha).

So you are getting:
    - 15GB Diskspace
    - 100GB Bandwidth
    - 25 cPanel accounts
    - Unlimited MySQL / FTP / Emails
    - No WHMCS license.
    - PHP Selector (CloudLinuxOS)

For: $19.95 a month.

That is a bit steep for what you are getting, at most resellers I've seen you can get about double the space and bandwidth but less accounts (Which I take it is why you are looking to move as you only need 3).

There are plenty of webhosts out there which can suit your needs, however I haven't used a reseller only shared / vps and you can only recommend who you have used here, so I can only recommend you check out the reseller hosting offers forum, and write a list down of providers which stand out to you.

Come back here and post them in an order you wish and see if people have used them, remember though if it looks too good to be true... it probably is. Ensure you check for reviews and check their sales / etc and see how good they reply, remember today is a weekend and most sales are closed but you never know . And good luck.

I think you must stick to your presnt host if you are okey.
    for better prices, try the offfers section.

Quote Originally Posted by DWS2006 View Post

This happens time and time again on WHT. Users chasing a better value only to find the grass wasn't as green as it looked from across the street.
    Yes, with that being said a change of provider should be a very sensitive decision as it will directly affect the business.

Noticed the specification of the package OP using from a post above and if that is correct then the provider should deliver a premium level of support as they charge a decent pricing.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    Nginx / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business