Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Diablo 3

I'm already bored playing it.. its such a dumbed down game..

"unlocked skill, unlocked rune" 'equip'

no points, no chance of screwing up characters, no playing with different styles..

every single player is pretty much the same..

diablo 2 is far better, the replay value on that game is ridiculous.. its kinda boring not having to fight for loot aswell.. giving loot to everybody equally? wheres the fun in that? that made people more aggressive in the game.
    I specialize in neck beards
    https://thatshirt.com

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Incorrect . In this case, they do kill the game
    To add to this, the entire 'online activation' thing kills the game.
    Case in point? Yesterday
    Case #2? My internets been down for a couple hours. Perfect time to relax and play a local game of D3.... Oh, wait.......
    the whole thing would have been avoidable if Blizzard would have simply LISTENED to their customers
    Do you actually own the game? Have you played it? It sounds as if you have no positive things to say about this amazing game at all. If you actually do own it (you said you bought the $99 collector's edition, which means you had to pre-order it), then why did you buy it in the first place? I'm just curious as to why you are so passionately opposing any and all opinions that paint the game in even the slightest positive light.

PS: I completely respect and appreciate your opinions. I think calling a light and casual player a "fanboy" was a personal insult that had no real merit though. It was a bit uncalled for in my opinion. I don't play any other Blizzard games, and I've only played D3 for maybe 2 hours total so far. Remember this is just one man's personal opinion. I have highly enjoyed the game and the server issues haven't affected me in any serious way. I don't speak for anyone but myself.
    GorillaServers Inc. Powerful Bare Metal Servers
    Instant and Custom Deploy 1Gbps/10Gbps Servers in Los Angeles & Ogden Utah
    Follow us @GorillaServers | GSI on Facebook

What do you do in this game? (I played WoW for 20mins and never played again)

Quote Originally Posted by daejuanj View Post
    What do you do in this game? (I played WoW for 20mins and never played again)
    The same thing you do in every video game: kill stuff and collect treasure!
    GorillaServers Inc. Powerful Bare Metal Servers
    Instant and Custom Deploy 1Gbps/10Gbps Servers in Los Angeles & Ogden Utah
    Follow us @GorillaServers | GSI on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaServers View Post
    The same thing you do in every video game: kill stuff and collect treasure!
    Doesn't see at all interesting.

Loved the first game but going to give this one a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaServers View Post
    I completely respect and appreciate your opinions. I think calling a light and casual player a "fanboy" was a personal insult that had no real merit though.
    You're definitely a fanboy. Just because you can't see it doesn't make it not so.
    The fact that you criticize everyone who has an opinion that doesn't make your "favorite" game look shiny, new and good makes you just that.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Since when did people start taking "fanboy" as an insult.

Fanboy? Always. Now if you would call me Fanman, and let me sign up one of those superhero leagues...

Quote Originally Posted by dale View Post
    Fanboy? Always. Now if you would call me Fanman, and let me sign up one of those superhero leagues...
    People are too sensitive now a days.

<--- ^^Guy plays COD and trash talks the whole time, even when he's losing.

I'm on linux-tech's side for teh most part those some points I don't really care about...

They console'd the game... they nuked the fridge, jumped the shark, they ruined (by blizzard's standards) an amazing game.

it's still a good game compared to most others.. but still, not a real blizzard level epic game.

It's not a blizzard game unless its 100% awesome, and playable 17 hours a day for 365 days a year and ruins relationships, increases global unemployment rates and creates riots. I'm already getting bored of it and I've only played the beta twice and this half way through.. I've been able to play all of blizzard's games (except wow) over and over and over and over again the past 18 or so years since warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by mg- View Post
    diablo 2 is far better, the replay value on that game is ridiculous.. its kinda boring not having to fight for loot aswell.. giving loot to everybody equally? wheres the fun in that? that made people more aggressive in the game.
    Again, very solid points.
    This is what society is coming down to though, they insist that everyone is treated 'equally', and if they're not they throw a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    This is what society is coming down to though, they insist that everyone is treated 'equally', and if they're not they throw a fit.
    It sounds like you are almost describing... the occupy movement?!
    RACK911 Labs | Penetration Testing | https://www.RACK911Labs.ca

www.HostingSecList.com - Security Notices for the Hosting Community.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    It sounds like you are almost describing... the occupy movement?!
    hah, let's not go there. This is pretty much the U.S. society as a majority though, honestly.

^ and canada.

On a side note.. I miss teleporting around maps with 100% fastcast, 350% mf and lvl 20 orb

But yeah... fighting for loot created the desire just to play more.. because you didnt always get the drop so you ended up doing more <whatever> runs to get those mf drops..

Too many imbalances at the moment but its a fun game.

there is a list of random dungeons and their locations here if anyone needs it, for the achievement

I played this in beta but it Realy wasn't my thing, personal opinion. Never had the chance to play the previous games.

I am looking forward to planetside 2 though

I broke down and bought it, because I'm pathetic and worthless and weak.

It's not bad considering how young it is - I think a lot of people comparing it unfavourably to D2 are forgetting how bad D2 was at first. We've got ten years' balance patches (not to mention the colossal improvement LoD was) where as the entire Beta phase of D3 missed out on a few important issues that are slowly being patched out.

The online only thing sucks as much as I thought it would, but only to a point. Personally with D2, I'd played the content so much that there's no way I'd play a non-Bnet character. D3's now the same for me - even if there was an offline mode, I wouldn't play it if I (or the servers) were offline. My ping from Australia to the NA servers usually hovers around 250ms and it's still quite playable (doesn't seem noticeably bad compared to the Beta which I was in the US for).

The mainline story's absolutely atrocious - I think someone on one of the reviews said that a six year old's comic book has a better plotline. Some of the side stories are great though, but it's pretty irrelevant because after the first few hours the story just gets in the way to killing stuff.

At first I thought the level 60 cap would be a huge letdown, that my character would cease progressing - man was I wrong. My character's probably quadrupled in power since 60 through equips. The loot tables need some work (but that's supposed to be coming in 1.0.3) as well as the massive difficulty leap from Act 1 to Act 2, but again... you can't compare it to D2 (with the benefit of years of patching) when the game's this young.

Overall though I'm still addicted to it, and I think it's got the promise to be a solid game with a few more patches.

Love the game but Hell is way to hard compared to Nightmare.

Anyone check out the RMAH yet? Going to be some rich and broke people out there! haha

I played the first 2 weeks cranked out 1-60 and inferno... got bored haven't touched it since. I doubt i'll be coming back until I see something in regards to PVP and actually some type of ladder.

By the way, it runs great on ubuntu using play on linux to those who do not have windows or osx.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bates View Post
    Love the game but Hell is way to hard compared to Nightmare.
    You're doing something wrong. I only hit a difficulty wall going from Inferno Act 1 to Act 2 - even Inferno Act 1 I made slogging progress through and eventually beat butcher after about 9 tries. I'm only moderately geared too - I was at about 25kDPS Demon Hunter when that happened. I'm now at ~30k and I've managed to make it about 1/3rd of the way through Act 2 but it's still pretty close to impossible. Think I'll just farm until they do the difficulty nerf, it's not worth raging over trying to slog it out.

Anyone check out the RMAH yet? Going to be some rich and broke people out there! haha
    I'm away from home at the moment, so I listed a bunch of trash items (stuff I couldn't sell for ~100k in GAH) in the RMAH and I've sold four of them thus far. My guess is it's because gold can't be sold on the RMAH yet, so people are buying up my cheap items to flip them on the GAH in order to "buy gold" with real money. Idiots.

I figure I'll keep the few bucks I'm making in my Battle.net account and hopefully they'll let us buy the D3 expansion with that balance (though you can't ATM apparently), or if not I'll probably spend it all on a weapon at some point.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234