Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Quote Originally Posted by lisllc View Post
    We rate limit ICMP to core routers, and when they receive too many ICMP packets they limit responses as a security feature. Note, this does NOT affect traffic THROUGH the router, this only affects pings TO the router.
    lisllc,

If you work at HE why don't you clear this up? What happened with your routers? Instead of watching everyone here guess wildly.

Did you in fact fix your problem with a brocade software update or not?

Quote Originally Posted by KarlZimmer View Post
    Yes, that sort of issue would be possible if you don't know how to manage a network, and that can happen with ANY platform. The IPs you're accepting connections to BGP sessions for should be tightly controlled, MD5s used, etc.
    If you read his recent posts you'll see he has had no problems with his brocade's

Do you not know how to manage a network? Should you be pointing the finger at yourself more then you're pointing it at brocade?

Hurricane encountered a problem that required a vendor fix. Hurricane applied that vendor fix, and since then we have not encountered a similar problem. As with all major networks, we do not release specific details of how an attack was able to effect our network. If anyone continues to have any problems, they should contact our NOC to report them before making any assumptions. If there are any widespread issues, the @henet twitter feed will make the issue known.

Reid Fishler
    Director
    he.net
    -Reid

Im considering buying a brocade router but I want to make sure that I can get the software fix too. Without this software that fixes the "mysterious" flaw that no one has details of I wouldn't be very happy

I'll inquire with brocade now that it is confirmed that you have gotten a patch/software fix.

184.105.xxx.xxx section is down again.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

And back up now.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

he.net alternatives

I found this thread because we are experiencing major issues and located in fmt2 location.

Does anyone here no a good place to host in this general area. I dont want to move 400 miles again as I just did this in April. I thought HE was going to be a great move but how can you run a voip company with regular packet loss and drops in the network. It is throwing us out of whack right now.

This to me is a violation of TOS on HE.net and very obvious to be a negligent response from the company as they apparently have outdated hardware and are addressing a major issue by trying to work with a vendor that cant handle ddos attacks.

What a nightmare. HE obviously does not care about the customers if they are not fixing this issue the right way. a Mass Exodus is apparently under way and we all need to move out of that facility and into one that can handle ddos attacks.

China hackers are ruining our commerce here and this should be considered an attack. Isnt there anything we can do or should we just bend over backwards and let them shove the pole up our respective as*es.

I prefer to just leave the facility and go somewhere that cares about the customer base.

Please any suggestions? I am paying $500 for 100MB, full cab, and 15 amp circuit but I am losing thousands of dollars and eventually my business if I stay here. They can take me to court. I think there is more than plenty of evidence they give two shi*s about there customer base. I think a court would null and void any contracts based on the scope of this issue.

Who in their right mind would choose HE to build a voip company on...

let alone single home to it...
    let alone single home to any one provider...
    let alone single home to any one provider especially if your business depends on latency and jitter sensitive connectivity...

Wow there's so much wrong with that my heads about to explode.

Quote Originally Posted by VoipMan View Post
    I found this thread because we are experiencing major issues and located in fmt2 location.

Does anyone here no a good place to host in this general area. I dont want to move 400 miles again as I just did this in April. I thought HE was going to be a great move but how can you run a voip company with regular packet loss and drops in the network. It is throwing us out of whack right now.

This to me is a violation of TOS on HE.net and very obvious to be a negligent response from the company as they apparently have outdated hardware and are addressing a major issue by trying to work with a vendor that cant handle ddos attacks.

What a nightmare. HE obviously does not care about the customers if they are not fixing this issue the right way. a Mass Exodus is apparently under way and we all need to move out of that facility and into one that can handle ddos attacks.

China hackers are ruining our commerce here and this should be considered an attack. Isnt there anything we can do or should we just bend over backwards and let them shove the pole up our respective as*es.

I prefer to just leave the facility and go somewhere that cares about the customer base.

Please any suggestions? I am paying $500 for 100MB, full cab, and 15 amp circuit but I am losing thousands of dollars and eventually my business if I stay here. They can take me to court. I think there is more than plenty of evidence they give two shi*s about there customer base. I think a court would null and void any contracts based on the scope of this issue.
    We moved everything to coresite with egihosting back in July to get away from the power issues, etc, in FMT1.

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Quote Originally Posted by VoipMan View Post
    Please any suggestions? I am paying $500 for 100MB, full cab, and 15 amp circuit but I am losing thousands of dollars and eventually my business if I stay here.
    Most other DC's will charge anywhere between $400-$800/month for a 100mbps commit alone.

$500 for a full rack, 100meg unmetered and 15amps is by far below industry average.

If you're running a VoIP company, I would be looking into a neutral DC where you can at least multihome to two providers or more. Preferably one who has the lowest latency to your target market and your trunk provider. Just my 0/2 cents.
    █ Pentester & IT Security Consultant

If you hang around here long enough you'll see two types of people. The type who actually search, read and learn from the existing information here. And other who bitch, moan, blame everyone else and then ask for other people to do their homework. Generally the members respond accordingly to the two types.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezus View Post
    Who in their right mind would choose HE to build a voip company on...

let alone single home to it...
    let alone single home to any one provider...
    let alone single home to any one provider especially if your business depends on latency and jitter sensitive connectivity...

Wow there's so much wrong with that my heads about to explode.

This is an accurate response. No one in their right mind would try to start a voip business from FMT2 data center. Also, you posted once and your WHT account is already disabled "VoipMan" that's sad. <<snipped>> I dont see anything wrong with the one post you have made.
    Last edited by bear; 10-21-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Perhaps ask them to move you to FMT1 and see if that helps first? We are in HE (FMT1) and not had to many issues.

We are also in Quality Techology Services (QTS) in Santa Clara, they are more expensive (about $850 for rack and power but no net) They are carrier neutral so you can choose your carrier of choice for bandwidth.

Dave.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456