Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    It could potentially slow you if they found ways to use up all the cpu, and our systems and monitoring didnt find it in time. But while it could technically happen, its not a problem we really experience.

Yes we will update system softwares, kernels, etc. I wont lie to you about the script though, if we didnt install it the first reply may be something like that. Our guys generally go on ticket load vs bordem . Meaning if there really isnt a lot going on they may take a moment to tell you whats wrong provided that they dont have to go backwards debugging lines of code. They are techs and while some may have a knowledge of programming, that isnt what they are paid for or expected to know. But if the problem is something they know or have seen before, yes theyll tell you : "you need to install xyz, or update abc, or chmod 123"

And if its just a real doozy a problem and you dont want to have someone else look, we do provide programming, dev, and other services and for a small fee there isnt anything we cant fix.
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com

Thumbs up

Great offer, Jag! Unfortunately I'm already have one of your VPS. Why don't you encourage your old customers, not only the new ones? I won't mind extra free bandwidth or something like that
    Nevertheless, thanks for good job!

Thanks. Actually thats what the new Jag rewards program is designed to do. You will see more about that here in a few weeks. The links already available in the Nixcore client section but there isnt any information yet. Basically you will earn points you can use for more services, discounts, freebies, etc etc.
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC

Thanks for the offer, I'm up and running....

Thanks for your business, welcome aboard!

Question Questions re: Discovery plan

I'm interested in signing up for your Discovery plan, but I just want to be sure that I won't be overloading the plan. This would be my first time stepping up from a shared plan to a VPS, so a lot of this is new to me.

I plan on hosting 4-5 low volume sites. Two or three sites will run Wordpress and maybe some photo gallery packages. One might run a CMS like Drupal (small site), and the other one a small php site. Again, we're talking low-volume sites.

I'm not worried about running out of space or bandwidth; I'm more concerned about the memory requirements. I'm new to this, and I'm just not sure about how running multiple sites work. With sites on 5 different domains, will this require multiple instances of Apache running, or will they all be handled by only one? I'd be running Plesk as a control panel, as it has the lowest memory footprint.

For these needs, would be Discovery plan offer enough memory?

Also, I've tried the Plesk demo on the SWsoft site, and it's definitely slick. Will I be logging in as an Administrator, or as a Client/Reseller? I want to be able to log in as Admin, and create three Client accounts for other people.

Thanks for the great offer! Without this offer, I likely wouldn't even be considering a VPS account at all.

Josh

You should be fine on the discovery plan and worse case you add a little ram but stay on that plan. I dont think you will need it.

There will be one instance of apache and you can serve thousands of sites from it. Thats just how apache works.

As root owner you will have admin, reseller, client ...in short all access to the server and plesk on all levels. You will use the admin plesk access to create an account, and that will give you logins as a client to use that account. We have some tutorials and things on our site to help you get started using it.

Greg, I'm expecting for your info about how many disk inodes are allowed for your Enterprise enlarged to 90GB by your promotion to make my decision. If the resources there are really great I will order there now because my evaluation on the actual VPS I'm reviewing is just completed. I'm between Jag and another provider.

Thanx in advance...
    The-REV, OS/2 Guru
    http://macarloshark.com/
    Trusted Since 1997
    Blog: http://my.opera.com/The-REV/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by The-REV View Post
    Greg, I'm expecting for your info about how many disk inodes are allowed for your Enterprise enlarged to 90GB by your promotion to make my decision. If the resources there are really great I will order there now because my evaluation on the actual VPS I'm reviewing is just completed. I'm between Jag and another provider.

Thanx in advance...
    I beleive a post like that was asked earlier. Theres a lot of pages to go through though. Here's what I wrote:

I beleive the inode limit is set to 500000 for that but we are flexible if that will pose a problem. Just get in touch with us about customizing it.

Thanks for your consideration. We would like to earn your business.

DISCOVERY PLAN
    10GB Diskspace + 100% FREE = 20GB
    128MB RAM Guaranteed + 50% FREE = 192MB
    1024MB RAM Busrtable
    150GB Bandwidth + 50% FREE = 225GB
    + FREE PLESK
    + 2 FREE MONTHS*
    $19.97/month - 15% Discount = $16.97/month

What antivirus ? how many domains allowed?
    Each registrar is a tool. Not all Tools are for the same thing

Theres no free inherent AV on each one. But many of todays control panels make that rather easy to add. You can host all the domains your load can handle, there is no limit.

I currently have 2 VPS accounts with SolarVPS, I did look at your packages when I was deciding who to go for, the only reason I chose SolarVPS was because of their UK based datacentres. I had read in forum posts that it should not make much difference, but after testing 1 in US and 1 in UK it seems to make a very significant speed decrease. I realise there may be other factors that I would have difficulty to see but that is what it appears.

I saw that you may get a datacentre in Europe so I will watch out for it.

Couple of other things I wanted to check from you so I can compare with Solar, I have just lost my site with them, when it came back it was 4 weeks out of date, even though they offer automated backups of both Virtuozzo and Plesk it seems that they did not do that (TOS suggest otherwise). I see that you do offer that as well, does this mean that no matter what, backups are always taken care of for the entire VPS?

The other problem I have had is multiple successful hack attempts on my VPS, which meant that I kept getting locked out of ssh, they did not know how that happened, is this something you cover with your management service so you can proactively suggest ways to prevent it?

Now that I have moved from shared hosting to VPS I do not see me going back so like I said I will definitely be watching your updates for my next purchase.

Hi Jag,
    Can you also provide different C Class ips?
    Thanks,

We dont utilize control panel backups, that goes for cpanel, plesk, virtuozzo, etc. We deployed a ton of new backup systems and NAS's all running R1soft's CDP. That means we have constant fresh copies of entire systems.

Not being a professional admin Im uncertain of how this affects or can be used for the individual file or vps for example. We do however also enable the vz backups for you to use. In addition we sell a remote backup service you can use which is backed up to seperate systems and you have full access and control over.

In short, we make a myriad of backup methods available. Its just one of those things you can never have enough of.

As for the hacking, it happens. Since things like that create more work for us we would absolutely be able to make suggestions, fixes, etc. We dont proactively scan and watch to see if your being hacked. But we would not leave to figure that mess out on your own. These are all fully managed vps services.

Quote Originally Posted by mtechmedia View Post
    Hi Jag,
    Can you also provide different C Class ips?
    Thanks,
    Yes, we've done for thousands of clients dating back to about 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post

The vps hosting plans page on our site indicates the Level2 managed service. Level2 managed service is included.
    Since the Discovery plan is not listed on that page of your site does that mean it isn't a level2 managed VPS?

Greg,

I tried your VPS out in November of last year. I ended up cancelling because my sites were loading very very slow - slower than the reseller plan I was upgrading from. I moved my sites to another VPS provider and cancelled. After I cancelled I was offered to switch to another node, but by that time I was already up with the new provider. So my question is, is speed an issue anymore. Speed and uptime are my too biggest concerns.

This special is making me want to give JaguarPC another try. Obviously your uptime and support are still top-notch and you are moving to 24/7 sales which is great.

So the main questions are:

Will speed be an issue?

Plesk . . . is it version 8.1 and does it include Power Pack?

The discounts and freebies follow the life of the plan, do the discounts and freebies follow if you upgrade like say from freedom to apollo?

Quote Originally Posted by Kintallon View Post
    Since the Discovery plan is not listed on that page of your site does that mean it isn't a level2 managed VPS?
    It is and it does, its under the linux vps server link.

http://www.jaguarpc.com/vps-hosting/linux-vps.php

Quote Originally Posted by MyNet-Tony View Post
    So the main questions are:

Will speed be an issue?

Plesk . . . is it version 8.1 and does it include Power Pack?

The discounts and freebies follow the life of the plan, do the discounts and freebies follow if you upgrade like say from freedom to apollo?
    I imagine any host being asked that is gonna reply with fluff and try to make a sale. I dont really know the node you were on, which DC it was at, any load or other issues that may have been going on there. All I can say really, is to try it out.

I would easily pit our servers, service, performance, against any provider out there. When everyone on the net has decided to massively oversell, we took another path. Servers are balanced using some strict guidelines to give us the lowest loaded and most underutilized systems. Its not the same place you knew in 06.

Plesk 8.1 is included but power pack isnt. It costs $5/mo to addon though.

Just wanted to let everyone know:

Im going to be unavailable for about a week. If you need anything during my absence you can still pm me or post away. My managers have access to everything they need to continue everything.

On a more personal note, Id like to thank you all for not only your business, but also making this probably the biggest and most successful vps sale ever to grace WHT.

Hello WHT'ers

Feel free to pm me with any needs that you would normally contact Jag for for this coming week while he is unavailable, I'm here to help, so if you have any questions / comments /concerns I would be happy to answer them.
    Nick | BudgetVM
    1G | 10G | 40G | 100G Baremetal Servers
    Featuring Best in Class - In House DDOS Protection - No Voxility

Can Plesk Power Pack be added later, or does it have to be added immediately?

Also on your linux plans, what versions of Apache, PHP, MySQL, do you install?

Does it cost anything extra to have other stuff installed like Zend, BFD, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNet-Tony View Post
    Can Plesk Power Pack be added later, or does it have to be added immediately?

Also on your linux plans, what versions of Apache, PHP, MySQL, do you install?

Does it cost anything extra to have other stuff installed like Zend, BFD, etc?
    Hello,

Yes the powerpack can be installed later, you would just need to open a ticket with sales to do so.

Apache, PHP and MYSQL are dependant on what control panel you select bust most are apache 1.3.X php 4.x and mysql 4.x. We can however configure anything that you would need.
    Nick | BudgetVM

Just ordered one of your servers and on first impressions the Contact email I sent to your sales team was answered within 5 mins . That simply is amazing. Hopefully that quality of service will continue throughtout the life span of my server contract.

Keep up the good work and the excellent deals

Quote Originally Posted by freshjada View Post
    Just ordered one of your servers and on first impressions the Contact email I sent to your sales team was answered within 5 mins . That simply is amazing. Hopefully that quality of service will continue throughtout the life span of my server contract.

Keep up the good work and the excellent deals
    Thank you for the kind words, if you run into anything you need just let us know were here to help!
    Nick | BudgetVM

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast