* Giga-international.com - 3 day review

Just wanted to stop by and make a quick review for Giga-international.com

I ordered my webhosting package at Giga-international this friday, the account was set up pretty fast and everything seemed great, but my website was offline the whole saturday because of some customer "causing problem" the support said. It took the support a fully 24 hours to get the server running again.

When i wanted to bail out and get another provider they refused to send me a refund, im stuck with Giga-international for year, great!

The server went down again today and thats why i'm writing this review. Stay away from these jokers if possible.

Sorry to hear your bad experience with them. I personally never heard of them. Did you hear about them here?

I have not seen "money back guarantee" on web site you can try to charge back or placing dispute depending on your payment type

Quote Originally Posted by aseohosting View Post
    I have not seen "money back guarantee" on web site you can try to charge back or placing dispute depending on your payment type
    Silly suggestion. How is op entitled to a charge back ? It's like going to burger king and you not liking the hamburger and asking for a refund.

Wasn't Burger King's slogan for a long time, "Have it your way"? And if do happen to get a bad burger from Burger King, they will be more than happy to give you another one to keep your business.

But anyway I find interesting on Giga-international's site they say, "The customer is king" But yet the OP is paying for a service which he is not adequately receiving. After all he is paying for a web hosting service and not downtime.

What is the domain you host(-ed) with them? Just curious...And what is their server that went down?
    Another question: how did you hear about them? According to a bit un-realistic packages (60 Gb space, unlimited bandwith) they do oversell. If you really need terabytes of bandwith - you may need VPS or dedicated server...
    What was the script that caused problems for you?
    I have found no mentioning of money-back guarantee in their TOS:
    http://www.giga-international.com/agb.php
    http://www.giga-international.com/faq.php
    If I am right - unfortunately, you can not get your money back Maybe just try any NON-overselling host. With money back guarantee, of course.

Sorry to heard about your bad experience, i hope you can find a good new provider.
    Last edited by writespeak; 11-28-2009 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maniakaz View Post
    What is the domain you host(-ed) with them? Just curious...And what is their server that went down?
    Another question: how did you hear about them? According to a bit un-realistic packages (60 Gb space, unlimited bandwith) they do oversell. If you really need terabytes of bandwith - you may need VPS or dedicated server...
    What was the script that caused problems for you?
    I have found no mentioning of money-back guarantee in their TOS:
    http://www.giga-international.com/agb.php
    http://www.giga-international.com/faq.php
    If I am right - unfortunately, you can not get your money back Maybe just try any NON-overselling host. With money back guarantee, of course.
    The domain hosted with them is: flmsrv.com

I found them when searching for a data center in Germany with the same name, i guess it's the same company.

I have no idea what script that caused problems since it was another customer causing the problem, i do not use any scripts on the server except phpsysinfo. The main purpose for the account was to serve some flash video files.

I already have two other VPSs (Virpus and ServerOrigin and i'm a happy customer of both) to serve the flv-files but thought it would be good idea to have a backup-space/load balancer to use if the VPSs stops for some reason.

Either way, i feel robbed and just wanted everyone to know that Giga-international should stop treat customers like this, and i really thought that Giga-international should have man up and give me my money back since the server had been offline half the time i had been a customer of them.

A positive thing is that i have now learned a lesson!
    Last edited by hagmund; 10-18-2009 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hagmund View Post
    The domain hosted with them is: flmsrv.com

I found them when searching for a data center in Germany with the same name, i guess it's the same company.

I have no idea what script that caused problems since it was another customer causing the problem, i do not use any scripts on the server except phpsysinfo. The main purpose for the account was to serve some flash video files.

I already have two other VPSs (Virpus and ServerOrigin and i'm a happy customer of both) to serve the flv-files but thought it would be good idea to have a backup-space/load balancer to use if the VPSs stops for some reason.

Either way, i feel robbed and just wanted everyone to know that Giga-international should stop treat customers like this, and i really thought that Giga-international should have man up and give me my money back since the server had been offline half the time i had been a customer of them.

A positive thing is that i have now learned a lesson!
    Thank you for the positive note for us. If we can help in any way, please let us know. I hate to hear about this sort of thing. Best of luck!
    PeakVPN.Com | Complete Privacy VPN | Cloud Hosting | Guaranteed Security | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    PeakVPN | 31 VPN Servers | 17-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ PeakVPN.Com (Coming SOON) | ASN: 3915

If I were you and the site keeps going down and even though I wouldn't get the money back. I still wouldn't keep a site there.
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira

* Statement from Giga-International

I just want to give a short statement to the different accusations brought up against us in this thread.

@ hagmund: I really feel sorry for this bad start. On Saturday there has indeed been an issue with the server your package is hosted on. Some users ran insecure scripts on their webspace and caused massive problems. Once one problem was sorted out, another problem arose. This might sound like a lame excuse, but that's how it was. Hopefully this was your first and last bad experience with us. If you ever happen to have problems again, just leave a PM.

@ maniakatz: No, we do not oversell. On this particular server we provide webspace for less than 50 customers, which is a very decent value taken into account that competitors host a multiple of this on comparable machines. And what are 60 GB these days? You can buy TB hard disks for very little money. If we should ever run out of disk space we simply extend the capacity of the drives and that's it... Offering smaller packages may give you an idea of how many webhosting packages usually are stored on an average webhosting server.

Usually such problems are solved within very short time. I don't know the exact circumstances so everything else I write here would be nothing but pure speculation. Also, I don't want to play this down - this annoyed a lot of customers (including hagmund) and brought a lot of stress to our technicians. You can be sure that users who cause such trouble get suspended immediately. Our goal is to keep the systems up and running as smooth as somehow possible. We will never be able to avoid such by a 100 percent, but we are close to it