Did anyone else get one of these? I got this bill in the mail from Dallas, Texas for Personal Property Tax on $47,000 worth of "Internet Equipment" they *claim* we own that is located in Dallas, amounting to $1300 in taxes.

I've already mailed this off to our lawyer for him to investigate, so I can't give you any details about what's on it, but I'm at a total loss to explain this.

First off, my company is located in Massachusetts, not in Texas. In fact, I've never even *been* in Texas. And we own no equipment there. None whatsoever.

The *only* thing I can think of is that for about 5 months last year we *rented* a server from RackShack for ~$110 a month. We used it for a backup radius server, never did anything with it, and closed the account in November. But at no time did we ever own the server - and any server that RackShack would be leasing for $110 a month could not possibly have a value of $47,000!

My lawyer has already assured me that they have no taxing jurisdiction over me whatsoever, but it has me perplexed and confused (I can't even figure out where the City of Dallas would have gotten my name and address!)

Did anyone else get one of these? Are you as stupified as I am? Anyone track down what the real deal is here?

- Jason