Reliable Windows host that support SQL and allows me to setup a custom 404 page??

My web host (actually my web designer) is not reliable, and i am considering a move to a web hosting company.

Can anyone help recommend a US-based Windows host that support SQL 2000 and allows me to setup a custom 404 page?

I need at least 99% uptime because i got Google ads and traffic.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Note: Please do not suggest a small hosting company - i'll not consider any host with a website Alexa of more than 50,000.

From my post here: http://www.ultimahosts.net - they seem to have a good reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua__lim View Post
    i'll not consider any host with a website Alexa of more than 50,000.
    Alexa should not be the only criteria to choose a host.
    Best of luck with your search
    Imageleet.com - Premium Hosting Solutions Since 2006
    Shared Hosting, FFmpeg Hosting, Linux VPS and Dedicated Solutions.
    SSD, Litespeed powered, R1soft, cPanel | Softaculous | Rvsitebuilder + FFmpeg, Mencoder, Mplayer, Flvtool2, x264
    http://www.imageleet.com

Quote Originally Posted by ImageLeet View Post
    Alexa should not be the only criteria to choose a host.
    Best of luck with your search

How large the host is important, i'm willing to pay a premium for a stable host since the adsense site rakes in about a thousand a month. My current host, each time they are down, i lose 30-50 bucks a day.

This website is unique in which i bought it from someone else, my other sites are all on linux, which i host on a dedicated ev1server which i get real-time support.
    Last edited by joshua__lim; 06-17-2007 at 06:58 AM.

Check the peeps I gave you the link to

Quote Originally Posted by joshua__lim View Post
    My web host (actually my web designer) is not reliable, and i am considering a move to a web hosting company.

Can anyone help recommend a US-based Windows host that support SQL 2000 and allows me to setup a custom 404 page?

Appreciate your help in advance.

Note: Please do not suggest a small hosting company - i'll not consider any host with a website Alexa of more than 50,000.
    For Windows hosting, I would recommend Discountasp.net. I have been hosting with them for a few years now and they are a great host. They support SQL 2000 and in their control panel, they have a custom error page manager so you customize your error pages. I hope this helps.

The unreliable host you have at the moment, does it have an Alexa ranking of above 50k?

Obviously you can choose which host you want and what criteria but, I'm confident that 100's of hosts exsist that have 99% reliability but, have a Alexa ranking above 50k

I doubt the providers size and Alexa ranking gives any indication of reliability, which seems what you're strongly implying.
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: DTS-Net

Discountasp.net is good

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    From my post here: http://www.ultimahosts.net - they seem to have a good reputation.
    According to Alexa UltimaHosts has an Alexa ranking of 273,413 (down 12,970)

Speed: Slow (65% of sites are faster), Average load time: 3.0 Seconds.

Might be something a lot better he's looking for.
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥

Well alright then, why not give Rackspace a go?! Not cheap, but you'll get the availability you're after.

According to Alexa UltimaHosts has an Alexa ranking of 273,413 (down 12,970)

Speed: Slow (65% of sites are faster), Average load time: 3.0 Seconds.

Might be something a lot better he's looking for.
    These stats from Alexa mean absolutely NOTHING - I simply cannot stress this enough... I think Alexa has us rated as slow as well - which is absurd - the reality is our site is DB driven and their "test" is very biased to static sites..

As an example - check out ibm.com according to alexa

"Speed: A95verag9894e35 814080 (51% 11of 87s2795ites a1989re slo97w89er), Avg L89oad 43T6ime: 3578 2.313 5048 51 Seconds64 "

I simply cannot stress enough that you should not be making any sort of decision on ANY site based on alexa numbers... as they arent based on anything substantial or pragmatic...

Honestly, 99% uptime isnt very good. If you rely on uptime - then look for providers with long histories of greater then 99.9% uptime...
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

That was the soft point of my replies but, as the OP strictly specified Alexa ranking criteria that's why I questioned and posted an example
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥

I think Alexa ranking should not be the parameter. One should look for good service provider, becoz sometimes services of big hosting giants gets terrible. So, try to get service provider who can give you good services and support, and will be able to resolve your problem efficiently.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by iration View Post
    For Windows hosting, I would recommend Discountasp.net. I have been hosting with them for a few years now and they are a great host. They support SQL 2000 and in their control panel, they have a custom error page manager so you customize your error pages. I hope this helps.

Thks for referring, discountasp.net looks good. I'll be checking out.
    Last edited by joshua__lim; 06-19-2007 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pravZ View Post
    I think Alexa ranking should not be the parameter. One should look for good service provider, becoz sometimes services of big hosting giants gets terrible. So, try to get service provider who can give you good services and support, and will be able to resolve your problem efficiently.

Yes, this criteria might upset a few, i know, but without spending time to try out, how is it possible to know who will provide a better service?

You could try to use pingdom and real metrics.