Hybrid View

Question Is Russain DIDs needed?

Hi!

Wanted to ask about Russian DIDs (495 and 812 mainly) numbers. This is really hard to get but is there a lot of people outside Russia who needs it?

I'd like recommend to contact http://teleum.ru, they should be able to provide 8-800, 8-804, 495, etc. It comes with Asterisk setup and very cheap (about $100 per month for full featured service).

Thanks,

It's not the same, they offer diverts, not usual number. And $100 it seems to be too expensive for just a phone per month

Quote Originally Posted by gosha View Post
    It's not the same, they offer diverts, not usual number. And $100 it seems to be too expensive for just a phone per month
    Serious communications, cost serious money.

In many countries (switzerland for instance) it costs $100/year just for a free phone number from the regulator (Ofcom). Before you start getting to the hosting fees of the number and the per minute charges etc.

I know russia is another expensive destination at wholesale in terms of getting number ranges from the regulations.

One of the things we have found while we are expanding our Global SS7/VoIP Network is that alot of regulators are very political driven. We are currently doing things in several Latin American countries and we need permission from various politicians or depts. Its not like the UK or USA where if you actually have a telecom network (not just a few asterisk boxes) you can goto the FCC or Ofcom and apply for 10k number range blocks. Also in a lot of countries you have to pay.

For example in spain, it costs us about €0.40/number/year. Now that might now sound alot. But lets look at the bigger picture.... Now numbers are assigned in blocks of 1k. So that automatically becomes €400/year/block.... Now how many area codes are there? About 20??? So thats €8,000/year. Now lets face it.... we are never going to sell all those numbers... so its false economy... Then we have port fees, interconnection charges, costs involved running the network.... So we are easily looking at €30,000/year just to expand/run a small network in Spain and get Spanish Numbering.... We were working with a company who did this in Russia and apart from it being complicated and lots of red tapes... It costs the company more like €100k/year just to run their network.

So $100 seems like a fair price to pay for a number in somewhere like Russia. Especially if they are actually the carrier/range holder/network operator... not just a reseller.
    SIP Trunking and VoIP Lines, Numbering (DIDs and DDIs), Low Cost Minute add-ons, Secure SIP and VoIP. Business and Enterprise Grade Quality, Low Cost and Highly Competitive. Available at: https://www.voipyonder.com/

Not really, I can provide Moscow (495) for much less and this will not be call divert, you will not need pay for incoming calls I mean.

and the traffic to Russia is not very expensive really the main problem with termination to Russia is that there is a lot of providers who make a termination with poor quality and without CLI

Just for comparison - for locals the Moscow (499) number costs about 8USD, but you need to go with passport to local office to get it, of course.

It means, that relatively higher prices for Russian DID in european wholesale providers are mainly because of still the over-regulated market. Business costs are comparable. If I am not mistaken I glanced once that 20-25 is a normal price though, but I am not sure. Not 100USD, certainly
    Last edited by andmed; 02-15-2012 at 01:47 PM.

It depends on whether its a reputable provider/carrier or is just a small provider who has there own little network.

Goto someone like Cable and Wireless and ask for a UK Number. Unless your buying real wholesale your going to be paying atleast £20 per number. Where as other providers may sell at £1 per number. So you can see the pricing difference.

Its a case of where you look. I will never change my opinion on that. I know several people who would be prepared to pay $200 for russian number that is guaranteed quality and SLA. Even prepared to pay for Port Capacity ontop.
    SIP Trunking and VoIP Lines, Numbering (DIDs and DDIs), Low Cost Minute add-ons, Secure SIP and VoIP. Business and Enterprise Grade Quality, Low Cost and Highly Competitive. Available at: https://www.voipyonder.com/

200 minus 8 is a good business. I wish I new those people)

I have one UK number from didww for 5Euro. I have had one issue with them (posted in this forum), but short of that I am quite satisfied. Anyway, it is not getting too many many calls, may be that's the point. There is no calling center on it.