Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Online.net review need up :)

Greet to all WHT user...

Well, I plan to have dedibox sc from online.net dedi-server since they already make paypal as payment gateway recently.Currently on kimsufi (ever since their network very bad on my private seedbox)

Few factor need to consider before buy
    - Network (hope can compare with kimsufi)
    - Hardware (hope can compare with kimsufi)
    - staff performance (support ticket,hardware failure assist. etc.)
    - price
    - reliability

Personal review and advice are most welcome,since it's budget for entry server (which offer unlimited traffic) yeah...below $25 project.

Tq all
      0 Not allowed!

Can you provide more specifics regarding the type of hardware specs you have with your Kimsufi? As well as the network connection you have with them currently.
    Drew Adams- Hivelocity- Sales Manager
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Exclusive Flat Rate cPanel Provider
      0 Not allowed!

They've been open since 1994, they've got good traffic according to Alexa, and I can't find one review about them. Sorry.
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ************ View Post
    I can't find one review about them. Sorry.
    No big surprise there - You'd probably have to search for reviews in French as, until recently, they only sold to the French market. I believe that they've started to relax that rule a bit now but you'll probably have to jump through a few hoops (providing photo ID etc) to be able to order with them.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by F-DNS View Post
    No big surprise there - You'd probably have to search for reviews in French as, until recently, they only sold to the French market. I believe that they've started to relax that rule a bit now but you'll probably have to jump through a few hoops (providing photo ID etc) to be able to order with them.
    yeah and until dec 2012 ,they had zero setup fee on new servers and only for France customers .Still their website is in french ,thanks to google translate !

Edit : They again removed setup fee from servers . Checked now
    Last edited by MNCHOST - Chris; 06-07-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    Fastest . Reliable . Affordable Web Hosting by MNCHOST.COM

█ Shared | Business | Reseller : 1.Litespeed 2.Cpanel 3.Pure SSDs 4.US Support 5.Hourly Backups
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers | Premium Bandwidth | New SSD-US Servers
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MNCHOST - Chris View Post
    Edit : They again removed setup fee from servers . Checked now
    So they have Plus they've added an English translation to their shopping cart (auto-detected me being from the UK and switched from French to English). Looking promising!
      0 Not allowed!

So they have Plus they've added an English translation to their shopping cart (auto-detected me being from the UK and switched from French to English). Looking promising!
    You or anyone tried to pay them via paypal ? any issue ?

Plus ,they allow colocation yet not sure for all (or just for france):

http://www.online.net/fr/datacenter/housing-dedirack

I'll try to ping them on their email.

█ Shared | Business | Reseller : 1.Litespeed 2.Cpanel 3.Pure SSDs 4.US Support 5.Hourly Backups
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MNCHOST - Chris View Post
    I'll try to ping them on their email.
    I've never tried them - I'm waiting for you to and post a review
      0 Not allowed!

I've never tried them - I'm waiting for you to and post a review
    samehere , i'm also waiting for someone to try ..

Any french member here who already tried their services and can post review ?

0 Not allowed!

I was with Online.net for about 2 weeks before I quit/canceled my server. If you need a review, here's my feedback thus far.

Products: Their entire range is not for sale to international clients. Out of the 14 different models, only 5-ish can be bought by international clients. The rest are all limited to French nationals and you can't fake being one

Server/Setup: This was smooth. I got an SC for 9.99 euro, it took about 20 minutes to delivery from time of payment. These servers don't include KVM but they do have a control panel that allows you to reload the OS, etc. The cons? Too many. At least for this 'SC' type. Their official choice of OS's is EXTREMELY LIMITED. That means you're effectively forced to use either from their choice or ask them to manually hook up a KVM for you. But if you ask them to hook up a manual KVM for you, you're in for a surprise (read below).

Network: If you're looking to transmit data within Europe, particularly locations close to France, you're good. Anywhere outside Europe, the performance is atrocious! Their network is TERRIBLE. Single threaded uploads (download test on a US server) were crawling between 1 and 5 mbit. With multiple threads, I was able to hit somewhere between 30 and 50 mbit to my US servers (I have them from Phoenix, Chicago, Washington).

Support: No support. I mean that, literally. I opted for self-managed during checkout and none of the tickets I've opened with them to date were ever answered. Not even tickets related to billing/admin issues. I opened a ticket asking when they expected to restock a certain server. This is before I knew that said server was not available to international clients (since they don't clarify this anywhere). This ticket went unanswered for 8 days before I closed it. I posted in their forums complaining about lack of response and some forum moderator replied stating this was not the norm and asked me to post the ticket number and he'd take a look. I did so, but no one ever replied.

A second incident was me requesting for manual KVM since they only have CentOS 6 as a choice on their reload panel. I needed CentOS 5. That ticket went unanswered for 3 days. A third ticket asking them why my account was limited to only 1 server (accounts can not have more than 1 server unless you open a ticket asking them to lift this limit). This ticket was unanswered for 2 days straight. I tried posting on their twitter too (@online_fr), but no reply there too. They often have people asking for support on their twitter which would indicate ticket support is next to non-existent. From what I can deduce, this is a one man show as I've only ever seen one guy making announcements etc (Arnaud).

Overall review:
    Pros: Cheap pricing, easy order process, accepts Paypal.

Cons: No support, terrible network, most configs limited to french, lack of usability on a server without KVM since support never replies to KVM requests.

Too many cons make this provider practically unusable. Unless you're french, they won't give a crap about you as a client so if pricing is an advantage, every other disadvantage makes the pricing unattractive. I mean if your server is ever down requiring manual intervention, you can forget them helping.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lifetalk View Post
    (...) Anywhere outside Europe, the performance is atrocious! Their network is TERRIBLE.
    How looks network inside europe, were you able to reach 100 mbps each time ?
      0 Not allowed!

I couldn't test from all over Europe, but I did do tests from Germany, UK, NL. It was a hit and miss. Sometimes it'd peak at 100mbits and over. Sometimes it'd be between 50 and 80mbit.
      0 Not allowed!

how is their ddos protection?

they talk about arbor and even always on (not just detect / re-inject)
      0 Not allowed!

Don't know about their DDoS protection, never saw it anywhere while ordering. And I'd be more than surprised if they had DDoS protection on a 10 euro server
      0 Not allowed!

http://www.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/ddos-arbor

that's something similar to what OVH is doing... also ovh is planning to cover with ddos filters the 9.99eur servers
      0 Not allowed!

well,anyone know does it accepting torrent ?
      0 Not allowed!

Already bought 1 unit..

My side:
    Connection: TM Unifi@10Mbps connection
    Usage: Seedbox (rtorrent and rutorrent gui)

About this server:
    Network : i can max out with my connection on downloading to malaysia...ping to my 2 server (online.net and kimsufi),both have nearly same 350ms++
    Hardware : compare with kimsufi mks-2g,online.net slightly won but low on hdd space,but since online.net offer unlimited traffic i do choose on their side,it's just on my opinion.
    staff performance : their response on ticket average 5-6 hour
    price : just fine..do check out

and yeah..they deliver my server within 10min since it's ready stock

sorry for my bad english...thanks
    Last edited by machaiworld; 06-11-2013 at 11:06 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by machaiworld View Post
    Already bought 1 unit..

My side:
    Connection: TM Unifi@10Mbps connection
    Usage: Seedbox (rtorrent and rutorrent gui)

About this server:
    Network : i can max out with my connection on downloading to malaysia...ping to my 2 server (online.net and kimsufi),both have nearly same 350ms++
    Hardware : compare with kimsufi mks-2g,online.net slightly won but low on hdd space,but since online.net offer unlimited traffic i do choose on their side,it's just on my opinion.
    staff performance : their response on ticket average 5-6 hour
    price : just fine..do check out

and yeah..they deliver my server within 10min since it's ready stock

sorry for my bad english...thanks
    want plan do you use now?
    and did you use free support plan?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gueadi View Post
    want plan do you use now?
    and did you use free support plan?
    just basic + 10gb free backup
      0 Not allowed!

I heard there was a $60 setup fee for international customers..I asked sales and they confirmed there was a setup fee but no mention how much.. so did you pay a setup fee?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by earlb View Post
    I heard there was a $60 setup fee for international customers..I asked sales and they confirmed there was a setup fee but no mention how much.. so did you pay a setup fee?
    No sense, why non french resident has to pay setup fee ? Stupid approach and if it is true I would avoid them.
      0 Not allowed!

I paid absolutely no setup fees. But the fact that their support says something, their system does another thing would make you think how reliable they are in other departments.
      0 Not allowed!

What I know setup fee on online.net has been removed serveral days ago.
    Maybe, you talk with their support before it
      0 Not allowed!

How looks their network on dedicated server (even the cheapest) in comparison to OVH or leaseweb in both Europe and USA ?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by lifetalk View Post
    Products: Their entire range is not for sale to international clients. Out of the 14 different models, only 5-ish can be bought by international clients. The rest are all limited to French nationals and you can't fake being one
    This violates one of the most basic EU laws (discrimination based on country of origin), you should report them.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast