Hello all - time to vent

Ok, not going to name names, but I need to vent.

Are there ANY hosts in the world now that don't BS their customers?

I left one host because they oversold their servers causing my sites to be slow, to another one that totally screwed up one of my sites after transfer, blaming everything on everybody else of course, switched to a third host that was outlined as to exactly what I needed, and turns out I got blocked IP's and my domains can't send emails to 20% of the places they need to for their daily work/business..... and they are blaming the recipient domains for 'blocking' unnecessary IP's.. WTF People!

it is soo frustrating not being able to find a reliable, safe and fast host that knows what they are doing. Ahhrgghhh.. I wanna cry..

That happens when you use lousy cheap companies - have you ever tried using a host not offering "unlimited" for $3.99?

Welcome to WHT, I'm sorry that the circumstances that brought you here aren't the best. There are many reliable providers out there, you just need to put in the time to research potential hosts. Luckily, you have come to the right place. The members here know boatloads of information about the hosting industry. We'll be more than happy to help you find a suitable host, just ask!

Hi dreamer1911 and welcome to Web Hosting Talk!

Thanks for joining WebHostingTalk.com, the largest most influential web hosting community on the Internet! Please take time to read and understand our forum guidelines and this answer guide.

If you need help understanding any forum rules or guidelines, please visit out helpdesk at http://helpdesk.webhostingtalk.com.

Again - Thanks for joining - And enjoy your stay!

Quote Originally Posted by shovenose View Post
    That happens when you use lousy cheap companies - have you ever tried using a host not offering "unlimited" for $3.99?
    Sad part is I NEVER use cheap hosts or anything 'unlimited'..
    Glad you thought of that right away though.

Thanks for the warm welcome from the others. I used to be a member here many years ago but have since changed emails and forgot all the login info. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer1911 View Post
    I used to be a member here many years ago but have since changed emails and forgot all the login info. LOL
    Same for me =)

Welcome back to the forum.

Welcome back then! :-) sorry if I came across as rude, I didn't intend that. I'm just so sick of, "I was paying $5 a month for an Unlimited Super Alpha Master Reseller hosting and now my host disappeared"

I used to be a member here many years ago but have since changed emails and forgot all the login info.
    Please contact us to discuss that. We can help you get back to having that one account and back within our rules.
    Use this link:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=8341588

Sad part is I NEVER use cheap hosts or anything 'unlimited'..
    Glad you thought of that right away though.

Thanks for the warm welcome from the others. I used to be a member here many years ago but have since changed emails and forgot all the login info. LOL
    You better contact WHT staff before you get banned .

Can you list the providers you tried here?

- Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by shovenose View Post
    Don't make assumptions before you know the facts and besides if you choose the right cheap company you can get great all round service.

I could easily make a thread titled "lousy expensive companies" and fill it with my experiences of the past 14 years using providers.

I just sent a message to the MODS about my old account. Maybe I can get back on with it. *Sorry I didn't know how else to get back on*

Update, I switched to a new Host last weekend, My sites and Forums are working great, but.........

Their Email server is blocked by a bunch of companies and the biggest ISP in the northeast.

They are blaming the companies and the ISP for being 'rogue' and I have no choice than to move on.. AGAIN.. This is getting absurd, honestly.

Is it too hard to ask for a reliable, fast and not blocked Host nowadays??

Does the account have spf/dkim on it and does this new host have rdns set etc?

Quote Originally Posted by HC-Ro View Post
    Does the account have spf/dkim on it and does this new host have rdns set etc?
    I have no clue what those are.

I have no clue what those are.
    Ask your provider. If you continually have email issues with different hosts then maybe something larger is afoot. Your provider should at least be helpful enough to figure out the issue and attempt to fix it or offer advice. Without much detail here theres not much to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by HC-Ro View Post
    Ask your provider. If you continually have email issues with different hosts then maybe something larger is afoot. Your provider should at least be helpful enough to figure out the issue and attempt to fix it or offer advice. Without much detail here theres not much to go on.
    That's the thing. I was fine at #1 host, zero blocks, just slow server response (they oversold heavily), 2nd one screwed my big Forum up and was otherwise fine, the current one has fixed all issues what the 2nd Host screwed up with my forum, but he's blocked on most local ISP's. (He was able to remove the block from AT&T, but still blocked by a lot and I'm losing clients and business because of this. (He seems to not grasp that idea, so I'm looking for another place now.)

What is your shared IP?

Perhaps they just dont take care of their network. You could try to check your IP against some lists.

http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Their Mailserver's IP is : 66.79.167.43

Whats even sadder, is they tried to proxy me to a different MX server (I guess) who's IP is : 205.209.154.2, and this one is even WORSE. Microsoft, AT&T , CableVision and I'm sure everybody else is blocking this one..

Is it too much to ask to have all this working from a host?

Other than apews (ok to ignore) they are not listed in black lists.

Theres no reason your mail would be broken unless something is not set up correctly. If they are unwilling to help with the issue then perhaps move. But there's not much here to comment on with lack of information.

The Host is blaming 'Rogue Companies' that are blocking him, so I'm guessing the willingness is not there. LOL..