Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Bashar
    ndxb what other option than paysystems?

its bad need
    Bashar, I would tell you to go with World Pay - but they do not offer services in our area - I'm in the UAE, and they dont offer it here - I've heard good things about them.

I did quite a bit of research on other companies - and unless you're willing to pay top$ for processing - like 12-15% at companies like ibill.com (a complete billing solution though, but still expensive!), really for international businesses, you're left with pays and 2checkout.

I would recommend goin with paysystems - their customer service is good - a rep called me up here in UAE out of the blue to assist me with setting up my account and helping me with anything else

Eventually, you'd want to get a reliable merchant account and do it yourself - till then - not much choice really. Good luck to you!

... And as for the other person askin who would attack 2checkout.com - I dunno, maybe irate ex-clients of theirs just a guess...

Our first notice that they were down came at 9:30 AM EST from a customer who couldn't order. It is now 1:30 PM EST and their site is still down for us, and we have been getting calls all day from customers who can't place orders and want to order over the phone, of course 2checkout doesn't allow that, so hopefully the customers will try again later as we advised them, or use PayPal which we also accept. But 4 hours of downtime for something as key as a merchant processor is amazing...I understand a DOS attack can screw things up for a while, but they need to get this taken care of.

BTW, for those discussing payment processors and merchant accounts and whatnot, I would always recommend using two, so in a situation like this where one provider goes down, you don't have to lose as much business. We also accept PayPal payments on our web site, so some people who have called today have gone that route instead. We thought about using Paysystems.com as a backup provider, but their 'points system' confused many of our participants in a test checkout process, so we have backed away. But their support was excellent throughout our trial run, so if you don't mind their point system, I would say try them out.

i used to be with ndxb for 1 year and now i'm paying all the fraudlent orders i had $6150+

their system didn't have that good fraud check in old days, but they are doing better now and they support multi currency like KD (kuwaiti dinars) but they dont want me to re-activate my account again
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Anyone else affected by 2checkout downtime?

What is the link to 2checkout forums? Anyone know?

http://support.2checkout.com/

I hope they get it resolved soon, I am starting to get pissed... find the bastard who is in control of the attacking servers, and aim them at compady.com.

Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

hehe i was looking for it , sorry for the duplicated post

I consider myself lucky. I just spent this passed weekend converting my checkout scripts from 2checkout to a full merchant account. Lucky timing...
    Figly Media
    Plesk 9.2.1 Shared Linux Hosting
    PHP 5.2.9, MySQL, PostgreSQL & more!
    http://www.figly.com

i wish there is real merchant accounts for Kuwait

would give you full flexability

Originally posted by ReveX
    www.2checkout.com is down. But www.2co.com is up and running just fine.
    Clicking any of those options takes you to 2checkout.com tho - which doesn't do anything, still.
    http://www.hostpc.com
    DirectAdmin servers for hosting, resellers and your dedicated needs.
    Hosting, Resellers, Dedicated Managed and Unmanaged servers
    Hosting since 11/98 - Specializing in DirectAdmin since 8/03

They said on their merchant login page that their Client ordering servers will not be affected with DDoS but me and my clients (who are about to pay for new hosting accounts) are facing problems accessing the payment pages.
    Dinsol.com Web Hosting Since Year 1999 Open Running Stable
    Social Media Optimization & Marketing Services with World Class Quality
    www.dinsol.com

my clients cant order
    Pro-net-hosting.com - www.pro-net-hosting.com
    Pro hosting solutions since april 2003.

mine neither

I'll switch to my PaySystems account if this continues a little longer. The bad news is that the very same thing can happen to PaySystems or any other payment solution provider.

Peter

any idea when my customers can order

If 2checkout ever browses these boards, does anyone from 2checkout have an official response? Our potential customers have been unable to pay for over 8 hours. If we ever allowed any of our servers or sites to be down for 8 hours, we'd be out of business. The worst part about this is that most customers don't understand what a third party payment processor is, and because we are a hosting company they assume that it is poor hosting from us that has resulted in the downtime for the payment system. Of course we explain it, but it probably reads like an excuse. Message to 2checkout: please get this fixed, a couple of hours is understandable, 8 hours is not. We don't want to change providers, but if this continues, our choice will be between not being able to take credit cards and taking them...no money vs. money. What would you decide? Thank you.

http://support.2checkout.com/forums/main.php
    Can someone who is using 2checkout log in to their forum and report back what they find out?

Although I don't have an account with them, I need to contact them over another matter.

TIA!

There is no new information being posted except for them to say they know it's down don't post about it.

Traces look like they've been null routed. Hope this doesn't go on too much longer.

It's a DDOS attack

There is no further information to be given.

The pipeline is being flooded by thousands and thousands of packets of garbage, being sent by unsuspecting users with vulnerable Microsoft O/S, controlled by a few script kiddies.

This is the same type of attack that happened to PaySystems earlier this year.

Our ISP and the Tech department are working hand in hand on the problem.

Law Enforcement is involved.

The simple fact is, the computers sending the packets are not the true culprits.

We are working towards setting up to a different DNS, and having Vendors "aim" to that address.
    TomD
    Director - Business Development
    tdenman@2co.com
    www.2checkout.com

here's a question: will paysystems be able to handle all the new clients after this?

pure frustration is running thru my veins atm.
    George Donnelly / Systems Administrator
    High Speed Rails inc. / FOSS Hosting
    http://highspeedrails.com
    "Linux is Luke. FreeBSD is Yoda."

hopefully this is resolved soon.. sites been down all day. everyone is losing money

****, didn't even notice this until now!

yes hope atleast the order pages will work.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast