Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by platinumn23 View Post
    they refused to even amuse the idea that I wanted my nick name changed to my first and last name..
    That's not true. We're not going to make this thread about individual tickets, but saying we refuse is false. It's simply not yet done.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization
      0 Not allowed!

When I said "they" I was talking about whichever individual who handles the requests and not WHT as a whole.. I don't know who does what or who approves the changes, but 6+ months for this sort of request is (imo) a bit excessive.. correct me if I'm wrong..
      0 Not allowed!

You're not wrong about it taking a long time, you're wrong stating we (the leaders who have to make those changes) refused to do so. No one even hinted at refusing it.
      0 Not allowed!

I do apologize that I accused you, and the other leaders, for refusing to change my nick name..
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    No, it isn't. We need to make sure the requesting member hasn't had a recent change, isn't a returned previously banned member, has any additional accounts or any other outstanding issues and so on. While we'd like to assume every change is cut and dried, they often aren't, and that research takes time. It's not uncommon to take hours on one, so making the time isn't easy. Bearing in mind that some times we get 3-4 new ones daily, it's not surprising we're behind.
    You're not forgotten.
    This is why this place rocks.
    Sajan Parikh - PHP Development | Server Management | Linux Administration | Web Consulting
    Feel free to get in touch with me if I can be of assistance with anything.
    e: sajan@parikh.io | w: sajan.io
    Give me a call at (262) 343-5973.
      0 Not allowed!

That's not true. We're not going to make this thread about individual tickets, but saying we refuse is false. It's simply not yet done.
    I have to ask after seeing your post. How come you and the others don't get paid or there are no paid employees managing the help desk? From the cost of advertisements and the amount of stickys, it seems like WHT could certainly afford to give something out to the staff. You and and the rest of the staff deserve it.

<<Removed>>

Support is great, just some issues take longer than others to resolve. Or there is a large influx of tickets. You would be surprised how many rules are broken and how many posts have to be dealt with on a daily basis. I'm browsing the forum at random hours of the day and report a few here and there and those are mainly just the obvious ones. If I was active in all sections I could probably get a good 30 rule breaker reports a day.
    Last edited by Mike V; 04-22-2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Removed quoted post
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    seems like WHT could certainly afford to give something out to the staff. You and and the rest of the staff deserve it.
    Well, thank you, but most do it for the love of the place. I've personally learned a massive amount here, and helping keep that on track is well worth it.

I wouldn't object to a new car or laptop once in a while, though...
      0 Not allowed!

It's because they outsource their support!
    SiFuQi.net - Affordable Dedicated Servers in Los Angeles, California
    24x7 Support • Enterprise Grade Hardware • Automated OS Reinstalls
    Check out our reseller program, with a unique two-tiered discount.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    I have to ask after seeing your post. How come you and the others don't get paid or there are no paid employees managing the help desk? From the cost of advertisements and the amount of stickys, it seems like WHT could certainly afford to give something out to the staff. You and and the rest of the staff deserve it.
    We get free ice cream and cake but just have to get to the Inet office and into the staff lounge unseen and wait for birthdays.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services
      0 Not allowed!

I think some people need to relax.. I have been on these forums for years and the moderating and admin team has always done an outstanding job - and I dont envy them, as they have to deal with a lot of BS on a daily basis..

I always get responses whenever I have submitted a ticket and they have always been reasonable - its more then reasonable to wait for non critical issues. I know when something is more urgent, they are all over it, usually within hours..

keep it up and thank you !!
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems
      0 Not allowed!

Well, thank you, but most do it for the love of the place. I've personally learned a massive amount here, and helping keep that on track is well worth it.

I wouldn't object to a new car or laptop once in a while, though...
    Yes, I saw you looking for a new car last week

http://eerc.ra.utk.edu/sightline/ArtV2N1/BearCar.jpg
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat
      0 Not allowed!

Beats what I'm riding these days.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/image....3&type=profile
      0 Not allowed!

I agree support here is bad; even though they try and I appreciate that. But:

I have a ticket in for a username change for the past 2 weeks (and still haven't had a single response).

I have considered many times upgrading and this has ultimatley convinced me not too.

The WHT staff say "there are more important things that have priority" but to that I say a username change with vB takes about 40 seconds (including reading the ticket and actually changing the submit button).
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SH - Conor View Post
    a username change with vB takes about 40 seconds (including reading the ticket and actually changing the submit button).
    Read the whole thread. It's not that simple most times.
      0 Not allowed!

I am not sure why there are still complaints, especially when you consider that many forums dont even allow Username Changes
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Join me on Technical.chat
      0 Not allowed!

Read the whole thread. It's not that simple most times.
    Yeah it's a burden on the database. They probably have to sneak in the name changes when nobody's looking.
    Nothing here right now.
      0 Not allowed!

Because you can never make *everyone* happy.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    The administrators and moderators are volunteers. Start paying them if you expect a 1 hour response.
    Are you sure about that? I find that hard to believe when this site makes a ton in advertising. I'm also waiting for a username change ticket submitted Feb 09, 2012.
    Respectfully,
    Mr. Terrence
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by THAMAN View Post
    Are you sure about that?
    Oh yes, they get paid nothing
    The actual mods don't make a dime. I'm sure Dennis, ProHacker, being iNet employees are paid SOMETHING, but the mods, administrators, etc, the rest of them are volunteer positions.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons
      0 Not allowed!

Are you sure about that? I find that hard to believe when this site makes a ton in advertising. I'm also waiting for a username change ticket submitted Feb 09, 2012.
    Conspiracy much? Everyone is sayin' there's no payment involved. Is it truly that difficult to believe?
      0 Not allowed!

The moderators are volunteers.
      0 Not allowed!

Perhaps this thread should be closed, after all.

I have studied it and similar threads. The following statements are posted repeatedly
    - moderators/other admins on the forums are volunteers, they aren't paid
    - user name change can take many months of studying the whereabouts
    - user name change is a privilege of WHT, majority of other forums do not provide that
    - user name change isn't a major issue and all who venture to change, might wait, since there are more urgent issues

and, of course, the contrary statements, "word against word". That is not going to achieve any point of one another' understanding, AFAIS.
    IT blog is under reconstruction, please standby
    "There are two kinds of people in the world, those who haven't lost important data yet, and those who do regular backups."
    Network Monitoring Tool - contact me for coupon code to get discount
      0 Not allowed!

I submitted my ticket 20 days ago and have gotten no response...granted it was about a moderator issuing an infraction when he shouldn't have but considering they're all "volunteers" I can see now the chances of it being reversed, are slim to none, even though it should be. I don't get why a company who makes as much money as INET interactive can't hired payed staff members, who's actions are all reviewed by other staff members.
    Last edited by taipres; 04-23-2012 at 02:33 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by taipres View Post
    I submitted my ticket 20 days ago and have gotten no response...
    And as we have already explained here in the thread, these take time. We don't need to have everyone that has one open about this post a "me too", since we're well aware.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterbo View Post
    Perhaps this thread should be closed, after all.
    Indeed. We're doing the best we can to accommodate every name change, as timely as we possibly can. We're working to clear the backlog, but the ones submitted rather recently are not going to be first, but instead done in order, back to front, as much and as soon as humanly possible.
    Patience.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12