Thread: 2checkout

2checkout

This is more of a rant than anything...

Ok, so I got a 2checkout account, I was happy!
    Then I come to realize that off the top, they will not let you give over %5 refunds (So forget your money back ideas)

Second, Once you hit $300 they want to know your life stroy! I hope you have a fax and a lot of time! Cause if you don't they keep your money!

Third, my account was hijacked, for no reason... I guess they can give 2 logins or more per account (And not tell you) ok, so, thier is a few hundred $ in my account, and its hijacked! GREAT! So I called them... they froze it pretty quick, ok...

Now, going on 3 weeks now, my account is still frozen, I was told I would be given a NEW account, FREE of charge.... ok, I did what they told me, go figure, thier system froze on me... yeah, right?

Ok, so... no free account
    I'm out a few hundred $ and I have nothing to say....
    I call and call to speak to the guy who said he would help me out, and it seems on every call I get something new.... at first I let it slide, seeing it was xmas and newyears... but now every time I call, I never get to speak to anyone, I always get a "No, he must have just slipped out" "Hes out having a smoke" "Hes not in till Monday"
    And quite frankly I'm getting fed up with it! I just want my account working!

They have also flagged 2/3 of my transactions as 'High risk' and labelled me high risk' cause I gave over 1/20 refunds!

I like their system, but I am not sure about them anymore....
    So far its 3 weeks, and I have no money...

Also if you are signing up for an account, keep in mind you need to call your bank, have them call their head branch and a whole other load of stuff before you can accept incoming ACH deposits.

Quite frankly I just want my money, and no one at 2checkout will even talk to me!

What can/should I do?

You have a few options.

1) Wait and see if they do anything
    2) Keep calling them hourly until they do something about it
    3) Sign up for another account, and request a refund later.
    4) Go somewhere else

RMF

Request to speak to a manager?

Get a lawyer?

"_"

Get another payment processor - preferabley a true merchant account...

Dont waste your time with them - put all your documents together and send them an invoice attached to a letter from your lawyer..
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

Truely Stated Mr. Gargoyle

A true Merchant account is always the best option!

Try searching the forum, I believe cdgcommerce is pretty good have a nice rep going here at wht.
    E-OnlineData is good as well.

Then I come to realize that off the top, they will not let you give over %5 refunds (So forget your money back ideas)
    This is not true, you can give a full refund without paying any fees if it is done within 48 hours of the sale. You can still do the refund after 48 hours but you will have to absorb the transaction fees.
    Second, Once you hit $300 they want to know your life stroy! I hope you have a fax and a lot of time! Cause if you don't they keep your money!
    They didn't require anything more from me after I exceeded $300.00. In fact I have had single transactions that were higher than that without a single problem.
    Third, my account was hijacked, for no reason... I guess they can give 2 logins or more per account (And not tell you) ok, so, thier is a few hundred $ in my account, and its hijacked! GREAT! So I called them... they froze it pretty quick, ok...
    So you're saying that they gave out your account information to someone else? It's not possible that your account was compromised because of you and how you handle your passwords? This is pretty hard to believe as well. I highly doubt that 2CO is in the habit of arbitrarily handing out login information.

If 2/3 of your transactions are high risk I think there is much more to this story than we are being told.

I'm rather surprised that there are so many suggestions being given to see a lawyer for such a small amount of money. Bottom line is that even if every word of what you are claiming was true (and I have serious doubts about that) there wouldn't be very much left of that $300.00 after a lawyer got involved, in fact you would probably still owe them money....

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    This is not true, you can give a full refund without paying any fees if it is done within 48 hours of the sale. You can still do the refund after 48 hours but you will have to absorb the transaction fees. They didn't require anything more from me after I exceeded $300.00. In fact I have had single transactions that were higher than that without a single problem. So you're saying that they gave out your account information to someone else? It's not possible that your account was compromised because of you and how you handle your passwords? This is pretty hard to believe as well. I highly doubt that 2CO is in the habit of arbitrarily handing out login information.

If 2/3 of your transactions are high risk I think there is much more to this story than we are being told.

I'm rather surprised that there are so many suggestions being given to see a lawyer for such a small amount of money. Bottom line is that even if every word of what you are claiming was true (and I have serious doubts about that) there wouldn't be very much left of that $300.00 after a lawyer got involved, in fact you would probably still owe them money....
    Please don't get me started!

First off your comment about sales over $300 requiring your account to go threw ver. is totaly messed, as soon as you have $300 in your account for the first tile they require you to go threw a few steps.

Second. I am the only one to know my passwords and login info, and it was only for a week, not my password was like 12 chars and mixxed numbers/letters not stored on my computer.

Third the person who hijacked it used to work for the old account holder and knew all the info to make 2checkout issue a new login.

-- [ Edit ] --
    Also, if your total sales/refunds is off by %5 they will ask questions.

Do you want me to tape phone calls and post them? Ive had a whole hourly talk to them about boosting my reserve because of my refunds

Quote Originally Posted by nybble
    First off your comment about sales over $300 requiring your account to go threw ver. is totaly messed, as soon as you have $300 in your account for the first tile they require you to go threw a few steps.
    They didn't do that to me, I wonder why? Maybe I'm just special...
    Third the person who hijacked it used to work for the old account holder and knew all the info to make 2checkout issue a new login.
    The old account holder? This wasn't your account to start with? Perhaps the *deal* you made with the original account holder wasn't fully satisfied? You certainly cannot blame 2CO if you didn't take the proper steps to safeguard this account when you took it over, that would include notification to 2CO informing them that you took it over and that no one but you is authorized to access the account. The results of failing to do that is your responsibility.

If you have to give that many refunds then you have some pretty serious issues with whatever it is you're selling. I can't blame them for wanting a larger reserve or holding money, or even freezing the account. High numbers of refund requests go hand in hand with fraud.

2Checkout certainly has it's problems but it sounds like they are not completely at fault here, you just aren't telling the whole story....

What is your problem?

"All new accounts will be subjected to our account verification processes."

That could be it, after I we went threw the account change

Ok, so I guess the guy lied to me on the phone? I guess *unnamed* is a big fat liar from 2checkout for telling me that once my account hits 300 to be dropped into my account that it goes threw thier verification process.... I have risk forms and everything they have sent me to fill out,

If you are going to keep adding replys saying I am lieing or I am doing everything wrong and this and that (which is all you have done) I would like you to not post any replys here anymore (In this topic)

Also, the old account holder gave some refunds, not me, after I toke it over then they upped my reserve limit

-- [ edit ] --
    Yes, you are special! One of a kind

I don't need to post anything else, considering your last few reponses here I think the picture is starting to clear up a bit.
    I have risk forms and everything they have sent me to fill out,
    I would bet that has a lot more to do with an excessive rate of refund requests rather than some $300.00 limit.

There is definitely more to this story but we will most likely never know all the facts. Good luck with your situation with them....

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI

With prepaid legal (which every business should have these days) the cost is nothing.

99% of lawyer interventions do not result in actual lawsuits. Theres no use wasting your time and money (let alone the stress) on issues like this.

Obviously there was a miscommunication between 2CO and this customer. The customer simply wants his money and wants to call it a day. Why stress. Send them a letter, work out a solution and move on.

I see nothing wrong with this advice....
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

I did not say it was $300, I said 2checkout does their thing to check the account out once their is OVER $300, I am not at will to say how much is/was there.

Not sure exactly what the forms were for, I guess it was a bit of both the high refund rate (over 1/20) not saying it was cause the customer hated anyone, some people just decide they do not need the service(s) and the fact there was a a bit of money in the account...

Some interesting comments.

"Third the person who hijacked it used to work for the old account holder and knew all the info to make 2checkout issue a new login."

I have posted in these forums that people shouldn't purchase pre-owned 2Co accounts... thanks for the testimonial.

"Second, Once you hit $300 they want to know your life stroy!"

No, once you hit $300.00 we contact customers to ensure they are receiving the goods/ services they paid for. This is also the point where your account status is changed, allowing you to see the pass/fail codes for CVV2, AVS and the IP addy of the purchaser.

"I have risk forms and everything they have sent me to fill out"

The reason you were requested to FAX in account information is because there would be no information of yours on record (back to that buying a used account thing)

What triggered it?

Your excessive refunds.

For all those that think buying a "used account" for a savings of 20 bucks is worth it.....think long and hard!!!

As for a "free account"...that is not going to happen. You never purchased an account from 2CO in the first place.
    TomD
    Director - Business Development
    tdenman@2co.com
    www.2checkout.com

As for a free account, maybe that isnt the word for it... "replacement" might suffice

I was told that I could setup a new account, and that setup fees would be waved cause they were going to just close this one and move the funds over. This never did happen...

"Your excessive refunds."
    They werent my refunds, I didn't give one refund.
    Even after I proved to 2checkout I was not the old account holder my reserve was left at %10, even though I was not him/her.

As for buying old accounts.. I guess I learned a lesson
    But I don't feel I should be blacklisted or anything from 2checkout just because I got a bad account, as for the old owner, I guess it went threw 2 or 3 people before it got to me

From the top the old owner gave it to someone who worked for him (?)
    Then the owner toke off for a few months and left that person to pay his bills
    The person who he gave the account to sold the account to a friend of his for the amount in the account
    that person inturn passed the account to me

Now the origonal account holder has come back to life some how and told 2checkout its his account, and I guess 2checkout just gave him the account?

I am having the people who the account was passed threw to call 2checkout about this matter, since you are so hot an answers Tom... why am I not recieving money paid to me in that account? Why is it just 'Gone'?

P.S. One of the middle men told me to email tom|antispam|2checkout.com or tomd, they were not quite sure...
    They said maybe you could help, strange seeing you in a forum right after they said that to me

Anyway, I think I am just going to move on to a new gateway, 2CO has made no effort to help me in this so why should I bother?
    (That is a question mark; yes, but please no replys to that question)
    Last edited by nybble; 01-08-2004 at 02:25 AM.

1. You did not enter into a business arrangement with 2CO. No 'replacement' account will be given.

2. You assumed ownership of an established account. The customers are your responsibility. The refunds are your responsibility.

3. The original owner is the ONLY owner that 2Co should recognize. From our perspective, how are we to be assured that his employee didn't hijack the account and sell it without authority?

4. Until ownership is confirmed, there will be no "payout".

5. Anyone else that claims to have "owned" the account in the interm has zero standing with 2CO.

6. I read this forum on a pretty regular basis. 350+ posts here shows I am fairly active. I search "2checkout" on WHT at least 5 times a week, usually more.

7. There is no help 2CO can give you. Though you tell a story, there is nothing to "prove" it is true. You are certainly welcome to sign up for an account of your own. This will ensure you do not have the same problems you've just encountered.
    TomD
    Director - Business Development
    tdenman@2co.com
    www.2checkout.com

Now we have the rest of the story.....

Thanks for clearing this up Tom.

Funny tom forgot to mention what ever happened to my money.

Its not 2checkout I'm directly mad at, its the fact my money is gone and 2checkout has done nothing to get it back/give it to me, and the old owner of the account who sold it and it got to me, all of a sudden came back and reclaimed it...

4. Until ownership is confirmed, there will be no "payout".
    Dave

So.. if I can confirm that these people did infact pay me you will give me my money? I can have them give you a call, tell me where/who/when and I will pass it on, also I will ask them to drop their chargebacks. Under the cond. that you mail me a check for what was in my account.