This called SPAM?

I have a pre-sales question from someone. He said he want to transfer his domain to my host but he own a safelist. This safelist has over 1,500 members and on average it sends out about 100,000 emails per day. I know this could be a problem for my server, but i'd like to know this is a SPAM or not? Should i go ahead and sign him up?

Thanks in advance!

any particular reason why he's leaving his current host? 100K email's per day... some server usage there it might be legitment it may not who knows. IMO, I wouldnt though

Difficult question - while he may be on safe grounds as far as the law goes, you're still going to end up banned if the people receiving these mails consider them to be SPAM and reports him to SpamCop or other RBL's.

I'd probably try checking out the domain and/or current IP-address to see if it's blacklisted - if yes, I think I'd stay away.
    Best regards,

Anders C. Madsen
    Golden Planet Support - http://www.goldenplanet.com

If you can list all the reasons someone would send 100,000 emails a day to 1,500 people that aren't spam I'd like to see them.

It's about consent, not content.
    GUI admin tools have no honor. It is a good day to vi.

100 emails to each member daily? What kind of list is that?
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

binary attachments maybe? Notifications (paging?).

Thats very odd, 66~ emails per person, somethings being done in automation, i'm guessing his current hosting provider doesn't like the amount of bandwidth or server load he's eating up.

100K emails a day with keep alot of sendmails busy..
    ------------------------
    http://www.vulnerabilities.org - free security scanning, no catches whatsoever.
    -------------------------
    Sys-admin/programmer for hire - hit me up on aim: rigoroni

Well, The person sounds genuine enough I suppose... How many Spammers have come to you before they sign up asking if you will allow them to send out that many emails a day? Normally they sign up, abuse sendmail, and wait for the connection to be cut.

But, you are talking about it using up a lot of resources, so I would be inclined to say no, or put him on his own server.
    · Shared Hosting - Servers in the US and the UK
    · Reseller Plans - For ultimate reliability
    · WebAttention.net - Hosting made easy

Well, if they ask, then they know they will at least get a couple of large amounts out, on the otherhand, they risk getting cut rightaway
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

100k emails?...whats he paying a month?...As said above what might happen is that people complain to your provider and then th provider thinks its spam...100k emails a day is more than our 200 user exchange server does in 4 days..Mr. Biggles
    "I am laying down a rubber road to freedom!" Night Rider
    "Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?" Seinfeld
    "FA SHIZZLE MY NIZZLE" Snoop