Page 51 of 106 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2642
    @moviedrome: I can comment on fsckvps only. I'm currently not working on the VASERV desk.

Regards,
    Kody
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry but I disagree. I have not been kept in the loop at all. My server hasn't even been taken offline since this happened so they are clearly unaware of the problem despite numerous tickets. They are trying to get the masses back up because I'm only one person complaining about my server but does that make it any less important?

Quote Originally Posted by che1959 View Post
    Ok, it sucks to have a VPS go down. Mine was down for about 20 hours or so. Luckily I didn't have any clients hosted on it and wasn't running any ad campaigns. I found out about the outage by checking online for my site and seeing nothing, I check my email and saw the notice from cheapvps.

When my vps came back up, there was no real data loss. The only data loss that I experienced was a missing folder that wasn't related to my hosting.

I can't be upset with CheapVPS about this. It's just another HyperVM problem. It seems to me like a problem plagued piece of software and this is the second host that I have had problems with where hyperVM was to blame.

Anyways, A2b2/Vaserv/cheapvps/etc needs to be commended for a few things:
    1) Quickly notifying customers about the outage
    2) Keeping customers in the loop continually about what is going on
    3) Giving a realistic time frame for getting things back up
    4) Understanding that people have a good reason to be very upset

Anyways, keep trucking along the best you can CheapVPS. I understand things and you haven't lost me as a customer.
      0 Not allowed!

If they'd put the backup servers up I at least could move but instead I'm helpless so I just have to wait. Why not let us access our backups so we can temporarily host it elsewhere?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kwdservices View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa.....does that mean that they are taking a 90 minute break?? Our node didn't have any data loss, as it was put back up last night around 11PM EST USA time.
    90 minutes could be anything from a lunch break and strategy session to focussing on another aspect of the crisis.

But lets just say they are taking 90 minutes as a break and nothing but - I would not be troubled by that in the least. Some of them will have been working on this issue for more than 24 hours now without much if any rest. There is nothing like tired staff to make a bad situation much worse.

They are communicating with everyone and are making solid progress chipping into a rather large mountain of problems.
      0 Not allowed!

Still no support ticket reply for 8 hours and no news regarding any progress with any Texas VPS.

Things are starting to look pretty good.
      0 Not allowed!

I suspect they use VPS instances for everything:

01:15 ns1.fsckvps.com and ns2.fsckvps.com are currently being worked on and will be restored if possible.

Having both DNS servers getting nailed ain't good news.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

It is true that some of our staff members have been working for more than 20 hours now, however I can fail to see anybody in the company taking a break - in fact I would hardly be able to rest knowing customers are waiting for their servers and data to be investigated.

Texas servers have not been investigated yet (meaning investigation has not been completed). We are now trying to bring amount of tickets to a normal level.
      0 Not allowed!

See posted on vaserv.com that server48 is a complete loss. That was the node my fsckvps vps was on.

When a box is a complete loss, is it rebuilt and we can start our recovery process? I have a cheapvps.co.uk box in texas as well - hopefully that is still intact. That one is important and will put me a week back because my auto-backup never sent to my backup server and I never got around to putting my rsync backup scripts back on when I rebuilt it.
      0 Not allowed!

Well we've now hit the 4 hour mark with no response to our ticket, how are people getting responses in 10 minutes?
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

When a box is a complete loss, it will be reloaded and reinstalled onto when we start our restoration process for those with no vm's in 48 hours.

@kwd; ticket number?

Regards,
    Kody
      0 Not allowed!

my LA VPS is not in my Client Portal, do i need to re-order it?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kody View Post

@kwd; ticket number?
    Ticket AVR-876650
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by chimp View Post
    My Fsck VPS is in Texas (TMS), and has been back up for some time. Make sure you are using the primary IP (if you had multiple IPs).
    Yes, this is the problem here...
    The Texas fsck nodes were processed about as fast as in the other DCs, yet very few of the vzXtx series of servers are processed/up right now. What have they been doing? They have only 18 such servers, much less than in UK or LA, yet MUCH MUCH slower.
      0 Not allowed!

My VPS on server47 and it's not up. How long I have to wait for?
      0 Not allowed!

server47 should be up. Log a ticket.

Regards,
    Kody
      0 Not allowed!

KWD, you were updated. Sorry for the delay.

Regards,
    Kody
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks also Kody for updating me immediately on my issues. You are working very professionally on this situation.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xniteman View Post
    Yes, this is the problem here...
    The Texas fsck nodes were processed about as fast as in the other DCs, yet very few of the vzXtx series of servers are processed/up right now. What have they been doing? They have only 18 such servers, much less than in UK or LA, yet MUCH MUCH slower.
    The past 34 hours hasn't been long enough for their "investigation" of the Texas VPS. Give them another 48 hours and I am sure they will end their investigation.

All jokes aside... cmon vaserv... people in Texas desire running VPS's also!
      0 Not allowed!

server47 should be up. Log a ticket.

Regards,
    Kody
    I sent a ticket when I see "server47 is restored" and I got replying: "Hi,

Please keep an eye on the following website for the latest information available:

We will be updating there with more information as it is available."

Until now, It still offline.

Please check: IP: 98.143.145.112

Best Regards
      0 Not allowed!

KWD, you were updated. Sorry for the delay.

Regards,
    Kody
    Thank you for the update. I assume the disc check should take no longer than 2 hours? I just am unaware of how much is on the entire server obviously, so I can't calculate myself how long it will take, but that seems like a reasonable max to give it.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by spinks View Post
    I'm on vz3uk.vtsix.com too. Asked support about it a few hours ago and got this reply:

"We are still working on vz3uk.vtsix.com and will be updating you as soon as possible."

So at least I'm hoping it's being noticed...
    Now i have just had a reply from support telling me that they are yet to perform a full investigation over vtsix nodes as they are still performing tests on the uk vaserv machines.

Are they working on them or not?
      0 Not allowed!

@nvbanhan,

Thats not a reply that Fsck is giving out. Please email support@fsckvps.com sounds like you contacted our other brand.

Regards,
    Kody
      0 Not allowed!

I just received this reply to my ticket:

------------------
    Hello,

Which DNS were you using? Did you have additional IP's?

Regards,
    -------------------

Anyone have any idea what he means by which DNS were you using? I'm not sure if he is talking about which DNS I tried to connect to or which DNS I am using for my internet connection here....

Thanks in advance to anyone who may know the answer to my question.
      0 Not allowed!

This is ridiculous. Every node seems to be getting attention except for TX.

Getting fed up here.
      0 Not allowed!

I assume he means which DNS server your domain registration uses. Try using something like DNS Record lookup at network-tools.com
      0 Not allowed!

Page 51 of 106 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101 ... LastLast