Joomla! gallery component

Hi,

I've got a Joomla! 1.5 install going and am having trouble finding a gallery component that doesn't suck and that comes with documentation in English.

What I end up using wouldn't necessarily be Lightbox- or Flash-based but I would prefer it. Can any of awesome folks point me in the direction to something along these lines?

Thanks muchly,

Bill
    Bill - Support Analyst - Liveblock Auctions International
    http://www.LiveGlobalBid.com

Try extensions.joomla.orn
    You may find a few free galleries.
    advanced solutions & dynamic visual design for web and print.
    website - identity - web applications - psd to xhtml/css

View my Portfolio

When I had my joomla site I tried several gallery solutions, kinda like what you are doing now.

I found RSGallery2 to be the best on the market. http://rsgallery2.net/ Its been about 1 1/2 years since I had my joomla site, so maybe something better has came out. Regardless if anything else has been released or not, I found rsgallery to be user and administrator friendly. The support at their forums was always very friendly.

I've had some trouble coming up with a good image extension for Joomla! too. It seems like there aren't a lot of good ones for 1.5. Most of them ether distract from the website layout, or aren't powerful enough to deal with more then a couple images.

Yeah. I ended up just installing Gallery2 then hacking up the CSS a little bit to make it blend in with the rest of the site a bit more. It's not integrated into the original site, so all of the site's users had to register to use it, but it's a small price I think. Either way, Gallery2 is pretty nice. I rather like it.
    Bill - Support Analyst - Liveblock Auctions International
    http://www.LiveGlobalBid.com

Quote Originally Posted by kdebs View Post
    I've had some trouble coming up with a good image extension for Joomla! too. It seems like there aren't a lot of good ones for 1.5. Most of them ether distract from the website layout, or aren't powerful enough to deal with more then a couple images.
    Have you at least looked at RSgallery 2? When I had my joomla site it was the best gallery solution on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post
    Have you at least looked at RSgallery 2? When I had my joomla site it was the best gallery solution on the market.
    I don't really know that much about it. I think I looked at it, but decided that I wanted something that didn't look so much like a photo album. I find that too distracting from the site. Is it comercial or free?