WORST VPS - vpsland.com

it was my first time to check VPS (last times I used only dedicated)

i selected windows VPS for making VPN between my comp and Internet

but selction of vpsland.com - was BIG mistake!

starting from second week every day at 9 am (based on their time) my VPS got down

and their support answered me on "CRITICAL" ticket after 3-5 hours!

i hope you will not make my mistake

avoid vpsland.com!
      0 Not allowed!

I've been with vpsland.com for almost a month now with a windows vps and have not experienced any problems like this thusfar....and 3-5 hours response on a support ticket is pretty good in my opinion when my last provider would take over 24 hours just to send a reply. Just my .02 cents.
      0 Not allowed!

they answered - but server is still down
    12 hours
      0 Not allowed!

server is up
      0 Not allowed!

I'll add my 2 cents too. My experience with VPSLand is that my emergency ticket was answered and resolved in under half an hour - and this was a ticket submitted at 2:30am my time.
      0 Not allowed!

1 month ago , i order a linux vps , 3 days pass , more than (70 hours ) ,
    i got a welcome mail .. ok .
    i use them , because their site say : "All plans enjoy hosting on Advanced Dell Hardware .... duel Xeon ..... " ..

and when i login to the panel , check the system info , it just a P4 machine , and i ask them why , they told me "the server is best , light load .. so , it would be better for you .... "

so , i drop my account .

what a suck company !!
      0 Not allowed!

Vores, did they tell you what happened to your VPS and why it took so long to bring it back up?
      0 Not allowed!

vpsland.com is ok hoster

i got 25 bucks 256 ram VPS win2003...
    support response is ok, sometimes from 10 minutes up to a day

but i am having a problem with VPN server, cant build it on VPS .... but i guess it is a problem of all VPSs
      0 Not allowed!

Very slow support response time

I'm having the same problem with vpsland. Haven't had much downtime (luckily), but when I did have (and when I don't) - their support is probably the most irresponsive, slow and unfriendly I've come across. i've been with shared hosting providers (paying less than $5 a month) who were much quicker to respond and much friendlier than vpsland. I'm in the process of moving away from them
      0 Not allowed!

Still not the worst out there

As anyone here who has tried WHP they will tell you that vpsland is not the worst. At least they answered your ticket. I have been trying to get ahold of WHP for a full refund of my payment for the past week, and yet they have refused to get back to me. I have called there support number, and left them a number to get back to me (which is toll free so they cant use that as a good excuse) multiple emails to them, and more. They outright refuse. So at least getting a response back from them is more the WHP does.

Sorry for posting this here, just had to get it off my chest that VPSLAND isnt the worst one out there.

Tim
      0 Not allowed!

My experience so far.

I ordered a vps With VPSland and here is my experience with them:

Hello Michel Tremblay,
    Your invoice XXX-XXXX in the amount of $22.50 has been processed and payment applied.
    -------------------------
    Transaction ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you,
    VPSLAND.com
    Generated by VPSLAND.com, LLC

SO I paid Already for that VPS. It's now 21:40 2 days later I ordered. So more than 50 houres after my order have been placed. still no news.

I've opened a ticket:

Posted On: 07 May 2006 01:51 PM

HI,
    I ordered a WIndows VPS more than 36 houres ago. I would like to know if
    it will be ready today.
    Thanks
    Michel Tremblay
    Rent Game Canada inc.
    Still No news neither...

I wonder when this thing will be ready..

Michel Tremblay VP
    Rent Game Canada inc.
    Last edited by milkam; 05-07-2006 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Forgot something
      0 Not allowed!

Addon for last post

I forgot to say I ordered the VPS on: Date: Fri, May 5, 2006 18:59
    Still No news.

---------------------------
    Michel Tremblay
    Rent Game Canada inc.
      0 Not allowed!

May be their Sales Department offline on weekends...
    Kind regards
      0 Not allowed!

If they are not working on the weekend they should specify it that if you order on weekend the order time would be longer. On their faq It only say 24 to 48 houre.. No exception about anything..
    Anyway

Lets see maybe tomorrow..

------------------------
    Michel Tremblay VP
    Rent Game Canada inc.
      0 Not allowed!

Did you open a sales or a support ticket?
      0 Not allowed!

Yup and no answer As I wrote into my First post. I posted a Support ticket 10 houres ago. And No Answer yet..

Anyway As I told Ill wait till tomorrow I'll see, Anyway someone could have tell me that sales is closed and they will do my order tomorrow.

------------------------
    Michel Tremblay VP
    Rent Game Canada inc.
      0 Not allowed!

They wrote this morning telling me that it will be ready today..
    lets see.

Michel Tremblay
    Rent Game Canada inc.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by vores
    it was my first time to check VPS (last times I used only dedicated)

i selected windows VPS for making VPN between my comp and Internet

but selction of vpsland.com - was BIG mistake!

starting from second week every day at 9 am (based on their time) my VPS got down

and their support answered me on "CRITICAL" ticket after 3-5 hours!

i hope you will not make my mistake

avoid vpsland.com!
    Did you ever get that VPN up and running on windows vpsland.com VPS?
    I have been trying for a while and getting dumb responses from them e.g. google, use third party apps ( I have tried every third party app that I can think of).
      0 Not allowed!

I have been waiting a long time just to hear back on how to purchase an additional IP. I purchased a VPS from then about 5-6 days ago and have had a problem setting up the domain and DNS, most of the time is spent waiting for them to get back to me which usually takes more than 24 hours each time on URGENT. I learnt a big lesson and that is to always make my suppport tickets Critical and not urgent but i doubt it would be much better. I'm thinking about getting a refund as this is bs.
      0 Not allowed!

ok well I have good news and they got backl to me with a new IP free of charge

We've added x.x.x.x to your vps now free of charge. Thanks again for your patience. Let us know if you need us to assist with your registrar in anyway as I presume you're going to use this as your secondary nameservers ip.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by milkam
    Anyway As I told Ill wait till tomorrow I'll see, Anyway someone could have tell me that sales is closed and they will do my order tomorrow.
    Just wondering how you went with this? Did you get the server setup? I am having the same problem. It has been 4 days, and after numerous emails, I have been told 3 times, once at 48 hours, once at 72 hours and again just now:

"you server will be setup today. we appreciate your patience"

I dont know whether to believe them this time or not...
      0 Not allowed!

Hey,

Yeah They setup the Vps on wednesday if my memory is good.
    But I did unsubscribe from their service 2 week after, (The VPS was working fine. I just went there to see how a Windows vps worked and it was cheap to try )
    So I sent them the letter to unsubscribed. And they shutted off the vps almost right away.. But I did payed for the full month... No refund for the 2 unused weeks. Then the month after I get charged... they refunded after I asked.. Then the month after they charged again and finally they cancelled for good and refunded again.

Anyway at last all is fine but I think I will never return there.
    The VPS was working but service is very important.

Good luck with them

Milkam
      0 Not allowed!