Need help. Newbie looking for a server to handle small video website

In a nutshell, we have a small organization website that broadcasts state-wide news. It's all video. Each video is about 112 MB. We currently have around 25 videos up (using VIMEO), and over the course of the year add about 12-14 videos.

We want our own server. One that we can not only run our website and videos off of, but also so we can have file sharing. Example: One person edits at his house, and another person can pull that edited file off of the server and add graphics at his house.

We're not a huge operation. Our income is limited to about $10,000 a year. So were looking for affordable options. Any suggestions?

How many visitors per day? Your server spec will vary with the number of visitors.

For few thousand visitors per day a quad core with 4 or 8gb ram and raid protected Sata HDD would do (using lighttpd or nginx for streaming files rather than using apache).

Right now, 100 at the most. But were steadily going up and hope to have 1,000 by the spring.

I was more worried about what kind of server could handle the amount of videos we will putting on there (lots of GB's) ... or does that not matter?

For few thousands a well optimized quad core with 4GB RAM would be sufficient provided your script is compatible with Nginx. Look at the offer section, you can find a quad core server for $200-250/mo

When selecting a hosting provider make sure they offer cheap bandwidth as it becomes vital as you grow.

At 110mb a video and 12-14 a year even with an 80GB drive will last you 50 years a couple decent size drives on a raid would be a good choice. Do you know what your current bandwidth usage is per month?
    █ Brian Kearney, Stealthy Hosting/Server Stadium Seattle, WA [AS23033] Skype: StealthyHosting
    Custom Dedicated Servers
    Low Cost Instant Dedicated Servers

█ Email: Sales@StealthyHosting.com