Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rapidswitch / Iomart Maidenhead Issues

We are seeing high latency to all of our kit (racks/colo) and their support desk at the moment. Looks like a local router issue from a traceroute.

Appologies to all of our clients, this couldn't have come at a worse time due to our own switching issues yesterday. Updates will be given on our blog as usual.

Chris

I'm seeing around 30% packet loss to our rack in their Leicester datacentre also.

40-50% packet loss here hopefully it will get sorted quickly. Problems are pretty rare with RS though to be fair

Not seeing any packet loss here, just a very, very slow connection. Hope this gets resolved soon!

Currently seeing a 50-60% packet loss here

Yep same here.

Just phoned up, they don't know what the problem is yet but will be sending an email out to customers soon with details.

They really need a simple offsite status page for things like this.

From what I can see it's due to an issue with iomart's router at LINX (London Internet Exchange), as LINX's own public graphs all look normal.

Fingers crossed it will be resolved quickly as this on top of the near 9 hours downtime yesterday i'm going to have some unhappy customers.

They down again? What happened to 100% Uptime? Or is that just Sales BS

Their not down. Looks like a linx problem but linx graphs seem to look ok. Some people can access and some can't so must be some sort of external problem.

Also they are aware of the problem those who haven't had emails....

Some of your services with us are currently experiencing an interruption to connectivity. We are investigating and will provide further updates as soon as possible.

Date: 19/07/2012
    Time: 20:00
    Duration so far: < 60 minutes
    Affected Service(s):

Then in that case they need to update there crappy network. Is it still only 10Gbps?

EDIT:

There own site wont load for me. Coming From TMOUK

Still have problem and called RS.
    They are aware of the problem and need to get finger cross!

Latency appears to be back to normal. But still high packet loss.

Quote Originally Posted by BBH Brian View Post
    Looks like things are getting back to normal.
    I still have major dropouts coming from Greece and USA. Sites mostly inaccessible and SSH reminds me of a 300baud modem...

Looks like it's reasonably back to normal now.

seems fine now

We apologise for the connectivity interruption to your service.

Our engineers have identified the cause as a massive DDOS attack against a customer on our network.

We have re-routed traffic and services should be resuming back to normal now.

Email from rapidswitch:

Earlier this evening we started to experience intermittent connectivity issues with segments of our network. Our core networking team identified the issue as a very significant, distributed denial of service attack that was saturating some of our upstream providers, with some customers experiencing drops in connectivity .

The traffic has been identified and re-routed, with normal service being restored as quickly as possible.

The traffic will be intensely monitored throughout the night to ensure normal service continues and we will provide further updates as necessary. We do apologise for any inconvenience. Please be assured we are committed to preventing this attack from causing any further problems with your service.

Regards,

The RapidSwitch Team

They still have a crap network i see. a DDOS attack can cause that much problem. time to update your network.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-CKS View Post
    They still have a crap network i see. a DDOS attack can cause that much problem. time to update your network.
    Troll much?

They are not perfect (Trust me, we've been through numerous router issues and were one of the first into their new DC), but until today we've had 100% network uptime for around a year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by PCS-Chris View Post
    Troll much?

They are not perfect (Trust me, we've been through numerous router issues and were one of the first into their new DC), but until today we've had 100% network uptime for around a year and a half.
    Am not a fan of rapidswitch. The way they treat certain customers is disgusting. Granted the hardware is usually quite good (But a ripoff non the less)

I have to admit since their last major problem they have done well. Have 5 boxes with them and connectivity has been top notch. There sales guys done me a good deal when I bought more servers and customer support has been good.

I think they have dealt with things quite quickly today. Things do happen.

The key is definitely don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast