Limestone Dedicated Server

Hi everyone,

This is my first posting here. Last couple weeks I was looking for a dedicated server and almost went with iWeb.ca, that's until I found out about Limestone Networks. Unfortunately I can't give a review yet, but I have to say HOW IMPRESSIVE AND FAST the server was setup on a SATURDAY NIGHT! I placed my order at 9:30pm EST and got an e-mail at 11pm.

Took some time until the IP was working and this morning I was able to access my CPANEL. Start setting up some of my domains, Database and everything looked fine. I even install ZEND optmizer to run an application.

However I was never able to get access to the site through the DOMAIN only if I type the IP address. After doing some research I realize that NAMED (BIND) is not started and failed when I tried to start. I believe that is the problem. I email the support and so far I am waiting for a feedback. Not sure if was something wrong during CPANEL instalation or what. Because I don't have a lot of experience with dedicated I don't want to mess too much, but it sounds not a lot of people had the same problem.

Here is the problem I get when I try to start NAMED (bind):

Attempting to restart named
    Waiting for named to restart.... . . . . . . . . . . finished.

named status

named has failed, please contact the sysadmin (result was "named is not running"). Jul 13 22:30:34 LSN-D1443 named: /etc/rndc.key:8: unknown option 'default-key' Jul 13 22:30:34 LSN-D1443 named: /etc/rndc.key:9: unknown option 'default-server' Jul 13 22:30:34 LSN-D1443 named: /etc/rndc.key:10: unknown option 'default-port' Jul 13 22:30:34 LSN-D1443 named: /etc/named.conf:8: 'options' redefined near 'options'

Also when I tried to instal a forum program, it couldn't connect to the localhost (mySQL) which I believe has something to do with the Named not being initialized.

What should I do? ANy help? Maybe I should ask for my server to have the OS and CPANEL reloaded? I am still waiting for the tickets to be answered.

Thanks again

No need to reload the OS/CPanel. Just ask them to check the named.conf configuration and they can easily fix it.

Moved --> Technical & Security Issues.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx