what do you think of bqbackup service?

Hi guys,

I heard good thing about bqbackup service and would really like to know for real if their service is good. I heard that they do not provide support for restoring if needed. The service is only included for a space to store and that's it.

My question is: How difficult it is to restore back from bqservice? and how?
    Chad Michael Murray >> House of Wax

Quote Originally Posted by toby27 View Post
    My question is: How difficult it is to restore back from bqservice? and how?
    I'll have to leave the quality opinions for others to answer, but I can answer the technical side of your question.

File can be restored using Rsync, FTP, SFTP, SCP, or Samba mounts. For restoring a small number of files, it usually enough to just use your usual FTP program to download the files and upload them back to your server. More advanced users may prefer to copy the files directly from server to server using Rsync or SCP.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

I used to use BQ exclusively a long time ago. I am glad I never HAD to use it, but it was a very fast and effective service. Scott was really patient and very friendly. IIRC, they have extensive guides on how to setup recovery samba mounts and get your site back online immediately. I don't know about now, but I would assume they still do.

one question: can i have several different version? This is because what happen if some guys hacks to my account and I only know it after the hacked version has been moved to the remote backup?

one question: can i have several different version? This is because what happen if some guys hacks to my account and I only know it after the hacked version has been moved to the remote backup?
    Yes, you can keep multiple copies of your backups if you set it up to do so. That would be a question best asked by email when you create your backup account.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation

you said:"If you set it up to do so". Does it mean, everything is done by me? Will there be support on how to set things up?
    I'm newbie in this setting.

you said:"If you set it up to do so". Does it mean, everything is done by me? Will there be support on how to set things up?
    I'm newbie in this setting.
    Backup configuration and restoration is the responsibility of the customer. We are available to answer basic questions. If you are not familiar with server management, you may want to have a management company or your provider handle the work for you.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation

I've used bqbackup for years, never had anything but good experiences with Scott's service.
    Web Hosting Plus
    Premium Australian Web Hosting

To sum it up: Scott(bqinternet) provides awesome service at an affordable price that is very reliable.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    To sum it up: Scott(bqinternet) provides awesome service at an affordable price that is very reliable.
    well said, 100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    I'll drink to that!

toby27: Backups and restores are screaming fast using rsync, but you'll need to learn some basics yourself.
    ██ UBERHOST
    NEXT GENERATION HOSTING
    Managed dedicated & shared hosting