Hybrid View

RapidSwitch Servers

Anyone had any experience with these guys? Looking to buy from them
    Cheap & reliable hosting plans - LiveWeb PA
    Accepting custom package requests

Chris,

I have nothing but good things to say about Rapidswitch, although its a little more expensive you get what you pay for and its been a solid DC for me over the years!

Quote Originally Posted by Latic View Post
    Chris,

I have nothing but good things to say about Rapidswitch, although its a little more expensive you get what you pay for and its been a solid DC for me over the years!
    Great to read as we are joining soon too. We actually found their prices good value for what they offer.
    Some say it's just Tier 2, not Tier 4 as for Milton Keynes, but I understand this is irrelevant as the tier accreditation is not done right.
    Rapidswitch are installing dual power supplies etc and upgrading quite abit, spending millions since Iomart takeover.

I'm just waiting for our current servers to hit max capacity then we'll be taking on an i7 with RS.

What's people views on i7's being used for servers? Some say they are not server grade and E3's should be used, but I understand they are exactly the same?
    The i7's are great value!

Latic what do you have?

Just took out a NEW Dedi server for my Radio station: Urban Hitz Radio. RS actually made a great offer to me via email, that I snapped up immediately. Had a few issues when the server 1st went online, but we sorted everything out and I wound up getting an EXTRA discount, for signing on for 2 years. Def recommend RapidSwitch.

My server has good specs. 6Gigs of Ram and 500GB-HDD, 10TB Bandwidth. Something like that usually runs well over $130.00. But I'm paying...well, I won't even say, but it's a great deal.

I even received quotes from other well-known hosts with the same specs (8GB Ram or 2-500GB HDD) and I received prices from $129-1150.00 a month. No one can beat my price, and it's under $100 USD with Windows server 2008.
    Last edited by Urban Hitz Radio-NY; 08-12-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Sguk,

We have lots of servers with them of all different spaces and sizes.

The i7's are generally considered to be retail rather than server grade. However it really depends what you are going to be using them for.

Quote Originally Posted by Latic View Post
    Sguk,

We have lots of servers with them of all different spaces and sizes.

The i7's are generally considered to be retail rather than server grade. However it really depends what you are going to be using them for.
    Using for shared hosting, a variety of sites ranging from static to wordpress and ecommerce.
    The i7's come in at a lower cost and are exactly the same processors as e3 xeons from my research and advice I've been given, the E3's are mainly just marketed at server grade and support ECC etc

Happy customer since 2009 (We have 7 dedicated servers servers with them), good service and support.
    Last edited by cobra3000; 08-16-2012 at 01:41 AM.