Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not worth it :(

To take someone from a different country to court over this would probably not be worth your time or money.

Quote Originally Posted by Servtigo View Post
    defentially get a dmca on this. take them down.
    As has been said several times in this thread, a DMCA notice would have zero legal weight outside of the USA.

The host has already been notified, but decided that they would ignore the notice. It seems the they are set up to provide a haven for this sort of activity given the quotes from their own web site earlier in this thread.
    Ethical, carbon neutral hosting and servers from Freethought
    Freethought Internet Limited registered in London No. 5862996. Registered office: Unit 5, Oak House, Witham Park, Waterside South, Lincoln, LN5 7FB. VAT number GB 345 5122 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed-Freethought View Post
    As has been said several times in this thread, a DMCA notice would have zero legal weight outside of the USA.

The host has already been notified, but decided that they would ignore the notice. It seems the they are set up to provide a haven for this sort of activity given the quotes from their own web site earlier in this thread.
    To be fair, that is not what they said. Re-read their response. Also, at the time of this writing, the alleged infringing website appears to be offline.
    * GeekStorage.com - Offering awesome website hosting for over 13 years!
    * Shared Hosting * Reseller Hosting * Virtual Private Servers * Dedicated Servers
    * Have questions? Send us an e-mail, we'd love to hear from you!

Yep, it looks offline to me. Hopefully @Ecatel decided it was best to take the website down rather than getting negative exposure on WHT
    Boutique Host || Driven by our Uptime and Customer Service Record with proven 99.9% uptime.
    Shared and Reseller Packages - cPanel - Softaculous - RVSiteBuilder - CloudFlare.
    Live Chat || 24/7 Technical Support || 30 Minute Average Technical Response Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
    To be fair, that is not what they said. Re-read their response.
    I wasn't talking about Ecatel's posts in this thread, I was talking about the way that they ignored all of the OP's attempts to get in touch with them directly until their name was mentioned in this thread.

My other point was about the quotes from the Ecatel web site in post #19.
    Ethical, carbon neutral hosting and servers from Freethought
    Freethought Internet Limited registered in London No. 5862996. Registered office: Unit 5, Oak House, Witham Park, Waterside South, Lincoln, LN5 7FB. VAT number GB 345 5122 18.

.biz domains fall under U.S. law (U.S entity owns the registry), so you can go after it that way too.
    http://www.neustar.biz/services/domain-name-registry
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

And this is why I buy most of the popular domains for my brand. If it was that important to you that you need to take action you should have done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BHH - Josh View Post
    Yep, it looks offline to me. Hopefully @Ecatel decided it was best to take the website down rather than getting negative exposure on WHT
    Or positive... at least I know where to go if I want to rip someone off.

(I don't want to rip anyone off.... sad joke on my part. Sorry.)
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LC Mike View Post
    And this is why I buy most of the popular domains for my brand. If it was that important to you that you need to take action you should have done the same.
    So you have EVERY since domain out there?

Even with all the .whatever (.club, .guru, .xyz, .co, .info) that happen to be out there? I don't think you do... so this could happen to any one of us.

I have the .net, .com., and .org of my main domains... but even this is outdated.

Luckily, he might be able to complain to the search engines so no one ever finds the copied sites... One alternative.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hekwu View Post
    So you have EVERY since domain out there?

Even with all the .whatever (.club, .guru, .xyz, .co, .info) that happen to be out there? I don't think you do... so this could happen to any one of us.

I have the .net, .com., and .org of my main domains... but even this is outdated.

Luckily, he might be able to complain to the search engines so no one ever finds the copied sites... One alternative.

Nope I have the main ones: .com / .biz / .co.uk / .net I do have a few cool gltds but the main ones are the ones you want.

The unique that comes to my mind regarding this (It's a clear case of Cybersquatting) is to raise a complain with the registrar. But this could be a costly case in terms of time and lawyer money.

Meanwhile, you can add a warning notice about the .biz squatters.
    --
    Best regards,
    Alfonso

Try call Data Center if they still not response you should call the lawyer and tell all your problem with that site.

Since when does Ecatel register domains?

Can't you just message the domain registrar?
    Hard Drive Hotel | @HardDriveHotel
    Shared | VPS | Dedicated | Colocation
    john@harddrivehotel.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12