Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Stay Away From GreenValueHost.com, terrible hosting provider.

This hosting is pathetic.

I ordered their hosting on 19th July.

I trying adding some add-on domains and their server would not load.

I sent in a ticket and 3 days later they still haven't been able to solve the issue.

Although they reply to tickets it is of no use because I assume their servers are extremely oversold and are of no use.

I asked them to issue a refund twice but both times they dodged the request.

If they issue a refund I'll update this thread.

Complete conversation attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.png   2.png   3.png   4.png   5.png  

6.png  

Hi,

I think it is their duty to pay attention to the client issues and solve it. People paying money and one should value their money and time.

You should have done some research on them. They've been bad hosts for a long time. Even the owner is mentally unstable.
    Last edited by alucasa; 07-25-2014 at 08:40 AM.
    I choose not to use my signature for advertising.

It doesn't matter how much you claim how important your data is. If it's not backed up, it's not important.

This confirms my opinion that you must research the host which you want to subscribe with

You should always do your research, they are the worst provider on the web...

All they'd have to do is remove traces of the domain on WHM and then it would let you re-add it if that was what they said was true.. "Looks like the domains is already added on your account".
    Last edited by Atlanical-Mike; 07-25-2014 at 08:58 AM.

I do not have any interest at all in arguing with you over a $5/year shared hosting account and the reasons for that are clear and self-explanatory. It's a service that is nearly free.

The reason that your refund requests were "dodged" was because you didn't contact our billing department regarding your refund request. Our techs do not have the ability to process refunds.

We have a management department which handles escalations and complaints, as well as senior technicians. We would have been more than happy to assist you further had you raised the issue to us. I do understand your situation and apologize for the inconveniences, however please understand that due to the price charge, we are unable to, by default, assign senior technicians and/or give high priority to tickets regarding services as cheap as this. All you needed to do if you receive unsatisfactory support from our entry level technicians is request an escalation of your ticket. Regardless, again, I do not have time to argue over a $5/year shared hosting account.

I've cancelled your account and processed a refund. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by GreenValueHostGM; 07-25-2014 at 11:25 AM.

I still remember the last time you decided that certain customers did not deserve full support. You said then you learned your lesson, heck you have learned lessons on a regular basis, only to forget those lessons the very next month.

I predict yet another emotional crash very soon.
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by AHFBWEB View Post
    I still remember the last time you decided that certain customers did not deserve full support. You said then you learned your lesson, heck you have learned lessons on a regular basis, only to forget those lessons the very next month.

I predict yet another emotional crash very soon.
    They do receive full 24/7 technical support. By default, entry level technicians are the techs that are assigned to "Standard" package clients. Tickets are escalated to senior technicians without any hesitation at all, 24/7, upon request. Most hosting companies hosting clients on the scale that we do and above have the same procedure because it's more economically efficient and allows for cheaper than standard plans to be offered.
    Last edited by GreenValueHostGM; 07-25-2014 at 11:50 AM.

So like before when you "learned" your lesson, out of the gate, certain customers get reduced support "by default".

Thanks for your verification though it was not needed, I trusted you the first time you said it.
    Starts November 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by GVH-Jon View Post
    They do receive full 24/7 technical support. By default, entry level technicians are the techs that are assigned to "Standard" package clients. Tickets are escalated to senior technicians without any hesitation at all, 24/7, upon request.
    A a bit of advice - that's not a good model to have. You should be aiming to resolve issues first time round. While it can save a bit of money to have different level techs, you're much better off having fully qualified level 3 techs attend to all issues and that should apply to all customers. Likewise, it doesn't make much sense to have techs for 'standard packages'.. If the techs are competent, they'll be able to handle almost anything thrown at them, if they are not competent, then that's when you have escalation in place - and if you're doing that, you're admitting to yourself that you do not have a support team that is 100% competent.

Your prices show that you will not be able to afford decent techs, you're most likely outsourcing or paying per ticket. That's not a reflection on your services, it's an accurate observation.

You (and other hosts that follow the same model) really should be thinking about the future. While you can increase your cashflow in the short term and may feel good that you're making some money - realistically, that money will *never* go far enough to give your customers a decent level of support nor enough to fund sustainable growth..

Granted you've said you're learning lessons, we all learn lessons every day - but if it means learning lessons at the expense of your customers, regardless of how little they may pay you - they still deserve to receive top notch service which it doesn't seem they're getting.

Learning a lesson is one thing, but to me it does look like you're brushing an awful lot aside and are more focused on short term gains. You need to actually be taking the lessons you've learnt and acting upon them - if you do that - you won't be getting negative reviews or experiencing issues - but you aren't doing that, so people complain.
    Last edited by rv_irl; 07-25-2014 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    A a bit of advice - that's not a good model to have. You should be aiming to resolve issues first time round. While it can save a bit of money to have different level techs, you're much better off having fully qualified level 3 techs attend to all issues and that should apply to all customers. Likewise, it doesn't make much sense to have techs for 'standard packages'.. If the techs are competent, they'll be able to handle almost anything thrown at them, if they are not competent, then that's when you have escalation in place - and if you're doing that, you're admitting to yourself that you do not have a support team that is 100% competent.

Your prices show that you will not be able to afford decent techs, you're most likely outsourcing or paying per ticket. That's not a reflection on your services, it's an accurate observation.

You (and other hosts that follow the same model) really should be thinking about the future. While you can increase your cashflow in the short term and may feel good that you're making some money - realistically, that money will *never* go far enough to give your customers a decent level of support nor enough to fund sustainable growth..

Granted you've said you're learning lessons, we all learn lessons every day - but if it means learning lessons at the expense of your customers, regardless of how little they may pay you - they still deserve to receive top notch service which it doesn't seem they're getting.

Learning a lesson is one thing, but to me it does look like you're brushing an awful lot aside and are more focused on short term gains. You need to actually be taking the lessons you've learnt and acting upon them - if you do that - you won't be getting negative reviews or experiencing issues - but you aren't doing that, so people complain.
    We have 2 tech teams that work together. One tech team is our directly hired (therefore "in house") Indian tech team (paid by the hour) which are our entry level I and level II technicians. They're our first line. Then we have our core American-based tech team (also directly hired), paid $XXXX monthly salaries, that are our level III technicians. We have an escalation procedure which allows any customer whom is unsatisfied with support from entry level technicians to request an immediate escalation of their ticket to our level III technicians (available 24x7), any time of day. Our management team, available around 20 hours a day 7 days a week, are also there to assist with escalations and quality assurance.

We really try to make our prices the cheapest out there while providing our customers with the value they deserve, hence "Value" in our name. We've taken many measures to ensure the sustainability of such services, and this is one of them as it provides for economical efficiency which makes a huge difference for us at the end of the day. Most hosting companies that try to compete with us on our prices end up closing shop because they don't run the calculations that we do and take the appropriate measures to remain in sustainability when prices don't add up. We chose the budget niche, let us make it work.
    Last edited by GreenValueHostGM; 07-25-2014 at 12:12 PM.

I do not have any interest at all in arguing with you over a $5/year shared hosting account and the reasons for that are clear and self-explanatory. It's a service that is nearly free.
    You said that's why you removed them before... But hey you go and sell Shared hosting once again and then use the same sentence when issues are bought here... "It's nearly free" Who gives a f*ck, I don't, your customers don't if you price it low that's your own fault and they shouldn't suffer because of it.

You are a real true example on how NOT to run a business / company. Your attitude to customers is appalling and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Whether the customer paid 5 cents or $5, the customer still had the right to use the product he/she paid for. It makes no difference. Perhaps you should refund and go on about your business and all will be happy

The message of the day is to immediately escalate every one of your tickets with GVH

They do receive full 24/7 technical support. By default, entry level technicians are the techs that are assigned to "Standard" package clients. Tickets are escalated to senior technicians without any hesitation at all, 24/7, upon request. Most hosting companies hosting clients on the scale that we do and above have the same procedure because it's more economically efficient and allows for cheaper than standard plans to be offered.
    So the client has to ask for the ticket to be escaleted, when the "Entry Level Techs" can not handle it? Why don't the"Entry Level Techs" escalate the ticket themselves (like all professional hosting companies do), the client should not have to request it themselves (regardless of what they are paying you, you set the price, if you can't provide the service then that's your fault).

Most hosting companies hosting clients on the scale that we do and above have the same procedure
    Rubbish. I have been in the hosting business since 2002, and no profesional hosting company provides the support structure/ethos you do.

I've kept out of the greenvalue hosts threads, because there is enough people pointing your errors out, but, even though you say all the time that you have learnt your lesson,and changed your ways, you obviously have not, (translated to you do not care.)

I hate criticizing other hosts, and usually avoid these kind of threads, but you deserve all the flack you get.

He refunded this one already, though he should refund them all and abandon the market.
    Starts November 5th!

Why would you offer unsustainable packages if you couldnt even manage handling basic tickets? And even though theyre on an unsustainable package they still should get the service they paid for.

The reason that your refund requests were "dodged" was because you didn't contact our billing department regarding your refund request. Our techs do not have the ability to process refunds.
    Why didnt your "techs" transfer the ticket to the billing department then? Was it too hard for them to handle? Or was it because they were just paying $5 and you treat them like trash for buying services/pricing you offer?

I thought GVH only offer VPS service and stop offering shared & reseller

Quote Originally Posted by KzN-Kane View Post
    I thought GVH only offer VPS service and stop offering shared & reseller
    They did and then they bought them back: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...36#post9183436

Ah i see there back with shared

Quote Originally Posted by LC Mike View Post
    They did and then they bought them back: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...36#post9183436
    Aren't "unlimited" packages forbidden by WHT rules?

edit: hmm it seems they aren't
    Last edited by Chris - Whitesystem; 07-25-2014 at 01:11 PM.
    Whitesystem.NET, LLC. root [at] whitesystem.net
    Pure SSD cPanel-based Cloud Shared, Reseller Hosting.
    LiteSpeedTruly low Populated Servers10 Years Hosting Experience
    Fast and Friendly multilingual (Spanish and English) Support www.whitesystem.net

Wow, look at their plans, how can they offer services with such unsustainable prices? no way! they must have an 'unlimited' bankroll as well
    Whitesystem.NET, LLC. root [at] whitesystem.net
    Pure SSD cPanel-based Cloud Shared, Reseller Hosting.
    LiteSpeedTruly low Populated Servers10 Years Hosting Experience
    Fast and Friendly multilingual (Spanish and English) Support www.whitesystem.net

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth-HostRedDragon View Post
    I have been in the hosting business since 2002, and no profesional hosting company provides the support structure/ethos you do.
    Fully agree.. it's an odd and inefficient set up at best, assuming it's true.

We have 2 tech teams that work together. One tech team is our directly hired (therefore "in house") Indian tech team (paid by the hour) which are our entry level I and level II technicians. They're our first line. Then we have our core American-based tech team (also directly hired), paid $XXXX monthly salaries, that are our level III technicians. We have an escalation procedure which allows any customer whom is unsatisfied with support from entry level technicians to request an immediate escalation of their ticket to our level III technicians (available 24x7), any time of day. Our management team, available around 20 hours a day 7 days a week, are also there to assist with escalations and quality assurance.
    That set up really makes no sense. No offence, but you guys aren't a huge company to even warrant having multiple 'teams'. Why create such a complicated set up that requires your customers and you to jump through hoops? Support should be simple and straight forward.

We really try to make our prices the cheapest out there while providing our customers with the value they deserve, hence "Value" in our name. We've taken many measures to ensure the sustainability of such services, and this is one of them as it provides for economical efficiency which makes a huge difference for us at the end of the day. Most hosting companies that try to compete with us on our prices end up closing shop because they don't run the calculations that we do and take the appropriate measures to remain in sustainability when prices don't add up. We chose the budget niche, let us make it work.
    'Value' is not determined by price.. it's price VS what you're getting (and that includes proper support). You guys are not sustainable and you can mask it however you want, but it's still not sustainable. What you're doing isn't rocket science that requires a secret formula or 'calculation' that nobody has thought of - it's nothing more than a mess of a support structure.

Any body can do what you're doing, you haven't put anybody out of business and you haven't come up with some secret calculation either. Any body doing what you're doing is going to run into problems, or realise that it is a waste of time because it just doesn't work - the numbers will not add up for the future regardless of how you run them.

A 'budget niche' doesn't exist. It's huge with a lot of competitors, it's probably the most competitive environment to be in..Calling it a niche, to me, that indicates how much you have misunderstood the industry.

This industry has low barriers to entry and you, like many others, take advantage of that not knowing what the true costs are.. It's not A + B + C - COST = Profit. There is a lot to plan for and a lot to keep your eye on but you're failing on all those things.

Far too many people start off and pretend they're a huge multi-national company because they're making a few dollars on the internet. Be realistic about what you're doing, be humble about the size of the company (nothing wrong with starting off small) and don't rationalise a negative aspect into fooling yourself that it's positive or doesn't matter.

Your reviews and previous incidents show that you do not have the maturity to run and manage a business. I'm not talking about finances - but actually running and managing a business. All companies will receive negative reviews but what I've read about GVH so far is very concerning. Customers deserve to be treated better and given proper support and service along with it.

I understand my post may come across quite blunt and perhaps discouraging - I don't want to discourage anybody - but it's important you really do face reality and understand what you are and what you're not.

I'd recommend investing into R&D into support automation by utilizing an AI to solve very basic support requests on the spot. Everything can pretty much be automated, just need to tie up a lot of scripts between the servers and support facing platform.

That would make it more feasible to offer the $5/year package kinda pricing.

I've implement AI processes and was able to support some 5,000 customers single handedly when offering cheap shared hosting. This was prior to running my backup service now.

It works as customers are asking the same thing over and over again which is not worth the tech support resources and can be fully automated by scripts. Just need to spend some initial development resources to develop the fully automated support system to actually solve issues on the spot.

Maybe then sell this AI support system to bigger web host for big bucks. Worth the time and investment.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

We have a management department which handles escalations and complaints, as well as senior technicians. We would have been more than happy to assist you further had you raised the issue to us. I do understand your situation and apologize for the inconveniences, however please understand that due to the price charge, we are unable to, by default, assign senior technicians and/or give high priority to tickets regarding services as cheap as this. All you needed to do if you receive unsatisfactory support from our entry level technicians is request an escalation of your ticket. Regardless, again, I do not have time to argue over a $5/year shared hosting account.

I've cancelled your account and processed a refund. Have a nice day.
    I received a refund and I am thankful for that but you really need to think about how you do business.

I also purchased 5 other hosts on the day I purchased yours (GVH): http://puu.sh/aqKY8/253027d18c.png

HostRush (priced cheaper than you guys)
    Eleven2
    UbiquityHosting
    LevelHosting.ca
    FerngullyGraphics

All 5 of those hosts have given exactly what they've promised so far.

I didn't ask you to price your plan at $5/year. You choose to do that yourself. You also choose to allow add-on domains.

If you set plans and promise a particular level of service then I guess you should live up to your promises, not insult customers that would have happily paid even more for a better service.

Also, how was I supposed to know I'm supposed to ask for my ticket to be "escalated"? I even set the priority to high.

As far as I know I am using the support desk, something that's supposed to be straightforward.

Wow, just wow.
    Last edited by dmadnani; 07-25-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast