Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Abusive to your staff members? I would like you to show this, I have been nothing but thankful for the services you guys offer. Death threat? Are you kidding me? We were on a phone conference I simply said I don't like you for the things you put me through and you replied "Oh I'm bleeding" sarcastically, and I simply said okay then die. I don't consider that a threat at all.

I would say 95% of my systems shipped to you are brand new built by our vendor and I have receipts showing this too. The other 5% did not have power cables so I had to buy it from you guys. Our supermicro systems come default with power cables and should have been returned as requested as well as the cables I bought from you guys.
    Vee Tran - Vee@DediDirect.com
    DediDirect - Cut Costs, Not Corners - Multiple U.S Locations

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-DediDirect View Post
    I would say 95% of my systems shipped to you are brand new built by our vendor and I have receipts showing this too. The other 5% did not have power cables so I had to buy it from you guys. Our supermicro systems come default with power cables and should have been returned as requested as well as the cables I bought from you guys.
    I asked you to show proof, I even said please. The rational response would have been to provide what you have.
    ColoCrossing - Connecting Business
    Alex Vial | avial@colocrossing.com | 1.800.518.9716

Enterprise-Class Colo & Dedicated Servers in BUF, CHI, DFW, NYC, SJC, ATL & SEA
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-DediDirect View Post
    Abusive to your staff members? I would like you to show this, I have been nothing but thankful for the services you guys offer. Death threat? Are you kidding me? We were on a phone conference I simply said I don't like you for the things you put me through and you replied "Oh I'm bleeding" sarcastically, and I simply said okay then die. I don't consider that a threat at all.

You are the one that posted a thread previouly this year saying alex apparently has a vendetta against you, and yet you still stay with them why?

I can't see you as anything more than a trouble customer based on your past history, immediately whining on forums as a first resort instead of trying to peacefully resolve it.

You want everything for pennies it seems, too.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    You are the one that posted a thread previouly this year saying alex apparently has a vendetta against you, and yet you still stay with them why?

I can't see you as anything more than a trouble customer based on your past history, immediately whining on forums as a first resort instead of trying to peacefully resolve it.

You want everything for pennies it seems, too.
    Can't leave if we're on a service term agreement. I do not immediately whine, I do submit tickets and call them to reason with them but they are unreasonable. I'm sure their past ex-staff members can chime in on the type of business they run.

Alex, before you requested proof the servers were already at the new datacenter.
    Vee Tran - Vee@DediDirect.com
    DediDirect - Cut Costs, Not Corners - Multiple U.S Locations

0 Not allowed!

This thread makes both parties look extremely unprofessional, all over what $250 - $400? Both of you just lost more than $400 in business from the thousands of people reading the forum and searching google for your company names.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gordonrp View Post
    This thread makes both parties look extremely unprofessional, all over what $250 - $400? Both of you just lost more than $400 in business from the thousands of people reading the forum and searching google for your company names.
    How much will ColoCrossing lose from this? Not much.

How much will Vee lose from this? The large amount of boxes he has to move, sign new agreements with datacenters, move customers and assign new IPs (inconvenient), then get new power cords and rails, within 48 hours. I don't think this is responsible, and even possible.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by avizzle View Post
    I think you should review exactly what I said once more.
    I did, the point is you don't need to come on here and say what type of equipment your customers bring to your facility. could be second hand? maybe not. Maybe he bought them new and had them sitting in his basement for a while? You don't know.
    Yellow Fiber Networks
    http://www.yellowfiber.net : Managed Solutions - Colocation - Network Services IPv4/IPv6
    Ashburn/Denver/NYC/Dallas/Chicago Markets Served zak@yellowfiber.net
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Spudstr View Post
    I did, the point is you don't need to come on here and say what type of equipment your customers bring to your facility. could be second hand? maybe not. Maybe he bought them new and had them sitting in his basement for a while? You don't know.
    I'll let you have the last word. Thanks for your input.
    ColoCrossing - Connecting Business
    Alex Vial | avial@colocrossing.com | 1.800.518.9716

Enterprise-Class Colo & Dedicated Servers in BUF, CHI, DFW, NYC, SJC, ATL & SEA
      0 Not allowed!

I'll let you have the last word. Thanks for your input.

While I understand why you are in this thread. Customer wrote a review/complaint and you responded. You keep responding and he keeps posting. More/less you two keep going back and forth over the same thing. You made your statement/defense on the origial topic at hand.

OP, if you really want to deal with this, go file a complaint in BBB and let them sort it out. They are a great resource for arbitration for issues like this. Your not happy and can proove they did something wrong then it reflects them publicly. Otherwise this is a constant battle on WHT.
    Yellow Fiber Networks
    http://www.yellowfiber.net : Managed Solutions - Colocation - Network Services IPv4/IPv6
      0 Not allowed!

Regarding power cables / rails, Hung has routinely sent us equipment that was second hand, and very often did not include any cables or rails. My request to provide proof that he owns the cables that he used is certainly reasonable, and if he has purchased them from us then he can provide us with that invoice number.
    Do you provide free power cables and rails? OP indicated that he purchased some power cables from you, which would imply that you do not. As far as the rails, I have a hard time believing you'd provide those free.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gordonrp View Post
    This is a big +1

I mean really, what is this?

Company asking customer for invoice number if they purchased from the DC? Bashing others, etc?

If someone sends in equipment, everything they send in should be documented fully (i.e. tracking number XYZ came in. Box was 100%, opened box and had ample padding and box contained 1) server 2) power cord 3) rack rails 4) some junk. We took top off server to validate all cards and cables are properly seated. Notified customer that per our original agreement we do not want them sending power cables. Offered to return power cables for ACTUAL shipping cost plus a small handling fee. Informed customer if they did not want us to return the power cords to them via shipping the could pay a storage fee or we could discard them.

Just as, if a customer has a complaint. IT would be very simple to say. Please, before you post a nice long thread. Please let us know what your complaint is so we can resolve it. Most of the time as a business you'll find that the "customer is always right" isn't even asking for much. Power Cords? Shoot, send them power cords and ethernet cables just to say you mean no harm. Then you get a POSITIVE review. I know I'd rather do business with a company who goes out of their way to keep customers happy.
    REDUNDANT.COM • Equinix Data Centers • Performance Optimized Network
    Managed & Unmanaged
    • Servers • Colocation • Cloud • VEEAM
    sales@redundant.com
      0 Not allowed!

Sounds like to me that ColoCrossing is unhappy with the way this man is treating them. As such ColoCrossing is going to charge them the "jerk" fee.

Remember, When someone has your stuff make sure you don't piss em off! You never know what they may do to your stuff!
      0 Not allowed!

I can see being upset about both cables and the rails as others have said. Sure the power cords are cheap however they still cost money to buy and having to move out that many servers in 48 hours would make most people go nuts. Myself I would be pretty pissed if that happen, having to switch ip's for all my customers etc, it's even worse when you have game servers hosted because a switch in the ip's will screw your business over with your customers as well.

We don't know the full story of whats going on here however not sending out the parts with a server I would do a charge back and report to BBB.

Hope you both can sort things out better so it does not come to that.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cd/var View Post
    Sounds like to me that ColoCrossing is unhappy with the way this man is treating them. As such ColoCrossing is going to charge them the "jerk" fee.

Remember, When someone has your stuff make sure you don't piss em off! You never know what they may do to your stuff!
    This, ColoCrossing is using the fact they have the servers against him, a shady business practice.
      0 Not allowed!

Why waste your time to report this to the BBB? They are not trustworthy.
      0 Not allowed!

Regarding power cables / rails, Hung has routinely sent us equipment that was second hand, and very often did not include any cables or rails. My request to provide proof that he owns the cables that he used is certainly reasonable, and if he has purchased them from us then he can provide us with that invoice number.
    Logically, if you do not provide rails or power cables for free, which does not seem to be the case since you've charged for them, how possibly are the cables and rails NOT the customers? They would have either sent them with the system, or purchased them afterwards. Those seem to be the only two options, unless you do in fact provide them for free in which case the $10 fee here confuses me.

To me that just sounds like you're being difficult because you can be. You know they're the customers cables/rails, how else would they have gotten there, but are demanding proof just so you can be "right" or punish him one last time...
    Last edited by KarlZimmer; 10-09-2011 at 02:33 PM.
    Karl Zimmerman - Founder & CEO of Steadfast
    VMware Virtual Data Center Platform

karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KarlZimmer View Post
    Logically, if you do not provide rails or power cables for free, which does not seem to be the case since you've charged for them, how possibly are the cables and rails NOT the customers? They would have either sent them with the system, or purchased them afterwards. Those seem to be the only two options, unless you do in fact provide them for free in which case the $10 fee here confuses me.

To me that just sounds like you're being difficult because you can be. You know they're the customers cables/rails, how else would they have gotten there, but are demanding proof just so you can be "right" or punish him one last time...
    Maybe the $10 was to lease an 18" C13-C14 power cord
    Managed & Unmanaged
    sales@redundant.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by KyMiBa View Post
    I can tell you first-hand that from the time it takes to open the cabinet door to getting the server out, should be less than 2 minutes for a half depth server. It should be less than 5 minutes for a railed server. That includes removing the cables.

I might have done this a few thousand times in the last year. We certainly didn't throw the machines around.
    To note, I agree, at least roughly, with this timing (might go up to 3 minutes on the half depth and some rail sets are amazingly annoying and may take a little more than 5 minutes), but that is dependent on everything being correct/perfect and that part of it is only a small part of the overall process. Identifying and confirming the hardware can take about the same amount of time, then moving the systems to a proper storage/holding area can also take that same amount of time, and then handling with shipping/receiving/a courier can also take that much time, etc. The times can vary greatly based on the terms and policies of a data center facility, if you need to go through security in some facilities that could be ~20 minutes right there, then if you need to enter again with a courier or forgot something that could be another ~20 minutes.

Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TalentHouse Hosting View Post
    Maybe the $10 was to lease an 18" C13-C14 power cord
    Then I need to get into THAT business! Can't imagine the volume is very high though... :-)

0 Not allowed!

Then I need to get into THAT business! Can't imagine the volume is very high though... :-)
    That's the business we are in. We go from DC to DC leasing 18" C13 to C14 power cords (you know the ones you can buy for $4) for $10/mo with a LIFETIME advanced replacement warranty. I guess converting the CapEx to OpEx is really that valuable to some.

So. I have an idea.

This is @ColoCrossing...

Would you be willing to set up a video camera and make a recording of what it looks like for your organization to un-rack 5 servers and how you possibly manage to spend 2.5 hours doing the aforementioned?

If it's even close to reasonable (I'll let WHT be the judge)... I personally will cover the 2.5 hours the OP is talking about, along with the 2.5 hours you took to demo it to us in a video and also will pay an EXTRA 2.5 hours for the time it took to get the video camera setup..
    Managed & Unmanaged
    sales@redundant.com
      0 Not allowed!

Would you be willing to set up a video camera and make a recording of what it looks like for your organization to un-rack 5 servers and how you possibly manage to spend 2.5 hours doing the aforementioned?

If it's even close to reasonable (I'll let WHT be the judge)... I personally will cover the 2.5 hours the OP is talking about, along with the 2.5 hours you took to demo it to us in a video and also will pay an EXTRA 2.5 hours for the time it took to get the video camera setup..
    Don't they charge like 100$ an hour?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpeedServers View Post
    Don't they charge like 100$ an hour?
    How can it reasonably take 2.5 hours to unrack 5 servers?

I'd be happy to post a video of racking and unrack 5 half-depth serves and I know it takes less than an hour to rack them then un-rack them too.

Could even install the cage nuts in that 60 minute window.
    Managed & Unmanaged
    sales@redundant.com
      0 Not allowed!

How can it reasonably take 2.5 hours to unrack 5 servers?
    It's not, they are just screwing him in anyway possible.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSpeedServers View Post
    It's not, they are just screwing him in anyway possible.
    It was a rhetorical question. That's why I'd be happy to pay to see how they manage to take 2.5 hours to remove 5 servers.
    Managed & Unmanaged
    sales@redundant.com
      0 Not allowed!

Copper is expensive!!!!
    Yellow Fiber Networks
      0 Not allowed!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast