Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlZimmer View Post
    Anyone still have any idea as to how to answer my question of how the port speed mattered at all when calculating 95th percentile if the 95th wasn't over 100 mbit/sec? That is the one thing I don't get with the overage calculations. 95th takes the next highest reading after the top 5% are thrown out, it isn't an average of anything... That, and then charging late for June are both fishy, as I noted, and have to agree with you there.
    The DDOS bandwidth overage should have forgiven as a "good will" gesture toward the client, really for a number of very good reasons.
    1. It was an anomaly in bandwidth patterns.
    2. ColocateUSA should have network monitoring that should have flagged it immediately, thus preventing the overage.
    3. At the time of my departure, ColocateUSA had 3 GigE up-links utilizing only 50% capacity -- The spike probably cost them nothing.

I'll tell you another thing that really bugs me about what Ryan James did to you. Although it is written in the TOS, we NEVER enforced the 30 day cancellation notice on any client during my 14 months there. Go figure....

Take comfort in the fact that ColocateUSA will loose $500+/month in billable sales and any future growth potential. They will still have to pay for the power drop, space, and bandwidth.

What's more, this represents roughly 1.5% loss in gross revenue for the ColocateUSA bottom line. So, you tell me who the dummy is in this.......
    Ray Womack @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Oh, and while I am at it, I'll address the free IP situation.

It was a sales decision early on to not charge you for IP addresses so we could grow you into a full cabinet (where they are free anyway).

Why did we decide on this? ColocateUSA has 28,000 IP addresses and cost is something non-significant like $0.25/year per IP.

Again, the claim that your account came under "review" is total BS, because the only person in the organization that is able to assign a new IP range is Ryan James, himself. He knew damn well.

I'm sorry, Ryan, but I have to call BS on your "claims" and the way you treated Corey and Wayne. Rather than using a good sales strategy and negotiating for them to stay and managing the client's expectations, you got pissy and did everything you could try to do to screw them on the way out the door. You should stick to technical and never interact with the client. You are absolutely terrible at it, and this is why your business doesn't grow after 10+ years in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by YDGH-Wayne View Post
    I pretty much agree with everything Ray Womack said.
    Ofcourse you do. Maybe because he is the only one taking your side? I wonder if RayWomack would be posting this if he was still working for ColocateUSA.

Quote Originally Posted by abdullahrafiq View Post
    Ofcourse you do. Maybe because he is the only one taking your side? I wonder if RayWomack would be posting this if he was still working for ColocateUSA.
    Well, I'm not really taking sides, I'm just stating fact and I think it sucks for everyone involved.

If I were still there, Wayne and Corey would also still be there, therefore no reason to post. I'm all about the customer and driving business - I leave (try to, at least) my ego out of it.

When I know what I know about the YDGH account and the remarks made by and actions taken by Ryan James, I can tell you that with full honesty, I think it STINKS for everybody -- ColocateUSA, YDGH, and most importantly the end user who will hurt the most.

Everyone in this industry, both providers and clients have a fiduciary responsibility toward the end user, and it is our job to ensure that their service is uninterrupted.

If providers are not forming working-partnerships with your clients and giving them the help they need to gain market share, then you are failing in the area of sales and customer service management. And simply, I give ColocateUSA's handling of this an F.

Quote Originally Posted by RayWomack View Post
    Everyone in this industry, both providers and clients have a fiduciary responsibility toward the end user, and it is our job to ensure that their service is uninterrupted
    Their service was uninterrupted, they came and took all of their gear. Which was part of their original intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post
    Their service was uninterrupted, they came and took all of their gear. Which was part of their original intentions.
    Sure! I also give YDGH an F too, if you are given a 30 day notice, why leave a month of hosting on the table and just yank the freeking plug? That makes no sense to me.......so nobody accuse me taking sides

What's more, this represents roughly 1.5% loss in gross revenue for the ColocateUSA bottom line. So, you tell me who the dummy is in this.......
    Huh? You are disclosing the gross revenue figures for a company you previously worked for in a public forum? $500/mo @ 1.5% gross is about 400K/yr.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Suds View Post
    Huh? You are disclosing the gross revenue figures for a company you previously worked for in a public forum? $500/mo @ 1.5% gross is about 400K/yr.
    "Rough" revenue figures were never a secret. We often told "roughly" exactly how big we were, and enjoyed a selling position as not being a monster provider, but rather a "down home" bunch of guys where they could get good service.

Don't take too much stock in your math figures, it is a "rough" calculation .

So you haven't answered my question, would you be here with this stuff if you were still with ColocateUSA?

So you haven't answered my question, would you be here with this stuff if you were still with ColocateUSA?
    Yes. It is called integrity. I work for the customer, not the company. I have made it to 47 without kissing anybody's ass, and I ain't about to starting now.

Was that good enough? Questions?

Yes. It is called integrity. I work for the customer, not the company. I have made it to 47 without kissing anybody's ass, and I ain't about to starting now.

Well said.
    Geoff Tait
    KnoxColo.com
    geoff@knoxcolo.com
    865-228-8312

Sure! I also give YDGH an F too, if you are given a 30 day notice, why leave a month of hosting on the table and just yank the freeking plug? That makes no sense to me.......so nobody accuse me taking sides
    We were told 10 days before the next renewal month and did not want to renew with them again. We rushed to negotiate deals with new providers and get all of our customers situated for the move. We were fed up with the way we were treated and wanted to be out of there as soon as possible. We did not want to place new customers with that provider. Staying with them any longer would have hurt our growth in the long run. Even though it hurt our growth short term it was the best move.

As far as the ddos and monitoring goes. Ryan didn't need a monitoring solution for the ddos. As soon as the ddos started we were contacted by angry customers so I opened a ticket with them and called them many times. Some tickets weren't addressed for many hours.
    http://www.bitaccel.com/ - High resource vps hosting and vps resellers.

Quote Originally Posted by YDGH-Corey View Post
    As soon as the ddos started we were contacted by angry customers so I opened a ticket with them and called them many times. Some tickets weren't addressed for many hours.
    They should eat it, then.

Are you certain?

Quote Originally Posted by rjtx667 View Post
    Our company policy is to do what's best for our customers, so long as doing so isn't detrimental to our own business. Harming our business is not in our clients long term interests. Responding to a public grievance is rarely beneficial so our general policy is not to do so. However, we believe the grievances publicly claimed by YDGH have materially misrepresented the facts. This post is clarifying the facts.

Are you certain?
    When Ryan said, "This post is clarifying the facts", I almost fell out of my chair........

YDGH was a very good account for ColocateUSA, and I worked very hard to sell it, so yes, I do take it a little personal that the management of the company couldn't support it, while two other providers can, and with open arms.

Ryan James should decide to either run a colo business or work a full time job at Microsoft, because obviously doing both at the same time ain't working well for the customer support.

When Ryan said, "This post is clarifying the facts", I almost fell out of my chair........

YDGH was a very good account for ColocateUSA, and I worked very hard to sell it, so yes, I do take it a little personal that the management of the company couldn't support it, while two other providers can, and with open arms.

Ryan James should decide to either run a colo business or work a full time job at Microsoft, because obviously doing both at the same time ain't working well for the customer support.
    First: Why are you trying to squeeze in personal details. Do you have a "vendetta" again's Ryan and his company?

Second: Are you really going to make me tell everybody why you were fired? Because at this point, it's obvious what you're trying to do.
    Last edited by MikeTrike; 08-03-2011 at 06:57 PM.

First: Why are you trying to squeeze in personal details. Do you have a "vendetta" again's Ryan and his company?

Second: Are you really going to make me tell everybody why you were fired? Because at this point, it's obvious what you're trying to do.
    I agree with MikeTrike. That dude is playing neutral but I'm not buying it as he glossed over some important details in his original post. It's pretty clear now he's got an agenda.

Oh yeah? So who are you? How come you hint at knowing details about YDGH before we even post them? Two can play at that game. My bet is that you know Ryan in real life, especially with that signature. I don't care how good a hosting company is. I will not advertise their product for free in my signature anywhere.

You know why he was fired? That's even news to me as I do not know....

Odd that ryan would share this information with just a customer.

Oh yeah? So who are you? How come you hint at knowing details about YDGH before we even post them? Two can play at that game. My bet is that you know Ryan in real life, especially with that signature. I don't care how good a hosting company is. I will not advertise their product for free in my signature anywhere.
    I do know Ryan, he bought my company, I was colo'd with him.

Let's just say I've had a few "interesting" calls from Ray while I colo'd with them.

I do know Ryan, he bought my company, I was colo'd with him.

Let's just say I've had a few "interesting" calls from Ray while I colo'd with them.
    Oh and now you removed your signature?

Oh and now you removed your signature?
    It seemed to offend you.

It seemed to offend you.
    No your signature didn't offend me I actually visited your minecraft website because I play minecraft as well. It was an interesting signature.

No your signature didn't offend me I actually visited your minecraft website because I play minecraft as well. It was an interesting signature.
    And it's back again since there is no offense taken on your part.

Are you really going to make me tell everybody why you were fired? Because at this point, it's obvious what you're trying to do.
    I already had a thought that he was fired and now he's taking his 'revenge'. Everyone here has common sense, Ray. I already could tell that you were fired reading your old posts so I am sure you are not doing this for the YDGH's customers, you just want to bash ColocateUSA as I see. And I am not a ColocateUSA customer and I have never used them but I'm just tell you what I feel from your posts

I already had a thought that he was fired and now he's taking his 'revenge'. Everyone here has common sense, Ray. I already could tell that you were fired reading your old posts so I am sure you are not doing this for the YDGH's customers, you just want to bash ColocateUSA as I see. And I am not a ColocateUSA customer and I have never used them but I'm just tell you what I feel from your posts
    Yea he's going to take revenge over a half year later when he probably has stumbled upon new and better opportunities.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast