I'm bored to death! Looking for tech support worik.

(stupid typo in the Subject - why don't they give us a way to edit it? haha.)

Hi all,

As most of you are probably aware, I recently sold the "budget" hosting aspect of our business - which included 1000s of customers and 1000s and 1000s of accounts. I've had about a month now of having relatively little to do and I'm going crazy from boredom!

Anyway, if anyone is looking for some part-time tech support help - I'm available and would love to help out.

I'm used to answering about 50 general technical support and sales tickets per day and I have 8 years of experience with customer service in the hosting business. My specialty is helping customers with sales, cPanel, domain name and ModernBill issues. I'm very comfortable with both chat and ticket support. I don't mind working on a per ticket, salary or hourly rate. I'm very flexible.

Please help me before I go insane.

PS: Willing to sign non-compete and non-disclosure.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

What are your salary/ticket/hourly rate requirements?

I'm very flexible and will consider anything, really. I wouldn't mind helping out a smaller (but honest/reputable) company get their feet wet and accepting a lower rate.

I have about 8 hours a day to kill.

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Are you familiar with Ensim at all?
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    Are you familiar with Ensim at all?

Yes, we had an Ensim server at one time. We purchased a free hosting company that was using it on one of their servers - but we switched everyone over to Cpanel, after about a month, to keep it consistent with the rest of our servers.

I'm comfortable providing general technical support to hosting customers using Ensim. That's not a problem at all. Feel free to email me.

--Tina

Can you help upgrade kernel 2.6.*?

I'm looking for technical support work - not server admin work.

--Tina

Really big change to go from head of really large host, to watching TV & browsing the net all day... And see you are right back in the industry (like Aussie Bob)...Must really love what you do.

Good look finding some activity to fill your time with as the new AH grows.

-Steven
    SeeksAdmin .:. Linux & Windows Server Management
    24/7 Coverage | 30 Day Guarantee | Fast Response Times
    Quality Outsourced Customer Support Services
    █ Drop Me A Line For Special Offers

Thanks Steven.

--Tina

Hi Tina,

I know the feeling. After I sold out my own business interests, I ended up offering free business consulting services to startup companies via our local chambers of commerce. I'm sure you could do something similar, and it would give you more "people time" then sitting at a desk.

It's been very rewarding, and I've had a chance to be part of several new companies and mentor them. I also still do the web hosting thing as a hobby, but not as serious as "the old days".

Anyway, my point is.... why not take a break? You can still keep busy by using the "other" (non techy) skills that made you a success.

Good luck to you!
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!