1U Hardware in Chicago?

Foiled again.

I'm dropping a few 1U units off at a datacenter tomorrow, in Chicago. I was waiting for the heatsinks to be delivered via UPS today.. but unfortunately they dropped the ball. The package was left at a sorting facility, and won't be here now until Tuesday.

Does anyone know of a location in the Chicagoland area that carries 1U hardware, and would be open on a Saturday morning?

Well, I am located in Chicago and we typically order in all our parts. Are you located in Chicago and looking to pick them up and take them to the DC? Or are you trying to get a place in Chicago to deliver them?

If you need some help let me know their are place locally here like CDW, Fry's, and a few other places you can get the HS's.

By the way I totally forgot about: http://www.microcenter.com/index.html

Don't know if they have 1U servers parts but doesn't hurt to call.

Thanks Ryan - should have thought of Frys, love that place. Wasn't sure if they'd carry server hardware, but I'll check in the morning as soon as they open.

What kind of heatsinks do you need and where are you dropping the units off? If you're heading to a specific DC, and have an idea of what you need, post it here, and maybe someone can lend a hand!

- Jordan

For reference, Frys does not carry 1U heatsink/fans for any socket. Microcenter does, but only for socket 604.

95% of the small stores I called in the chicagoland area didn't know what 1U was.

Specifically, I'm looking for a 775 1U cooler, but I believe I'm about to give up on the idea. I'll make another trip down after UPS decides to deliver my "overnight" package on the 6th.