Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question how many host have you changed?

Hmm...i really feel like an idiot having chosen a reseller package
    from a cheap host.

What annoys me most is the terrible downtime with their servers.
    Since this was my 1st hosting experience, i guess i really HAD learnt a valuable lesson and looking forward to get a new ideal host.

Is analytical mind alone enough for choosing the right host?
    Somehow, i do wonder how many hosts have you changed before sticking to your current(ideal) ones?

Probably dozens, but that is becuase each maybe does not give me enough badwidth or space as I grew. There are a lot of poor hosts out there and the only real way to get a good one is post in place like this to get word of mouth suggestions.

i do wonder how many hosts have you changed before sticking to your current(ideal) ones?
    I have probably changed 4-5 times but the two I use now http://www.httpme.com and aplushosting.com I plan on staying with, I would put them both up against anyone as far as support, services and uptime

Many times, but only because I outgrew them.
    Send all e-mail to
    abuse@spews.org

I've changed once, now I'm very happy.

Gosh it seems lately that I'm going through webhosts like water. I can't find one that has decent tech help and a decent up time.
    Who needs riches when you have Labrador Retrievers enriching your life?!?

Originally posted by labby
    Gosh it seems lately that I'm going through webhosts like water. I can't find one that has decent tech help and a decent up time.
    you get what you pay for though... anyways, if you want a good one: real 24/7 tech support, good uptime try http://venturesonline.com ...they have their own datacenter plus a lot of techs
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

If you've had an up and down experience, and agree that ... "you get what you pay for", please post more details so that others can learn from your experiences.

I appreciate that you've posted here, but would like to hear more about the issues you've encountered.

I post often that the cheapest rates, aren't always the best, but have never gone with a "$5/month plan" to experience the joys of over selling myself.

Nonetheless, if you have and are reformed , one of your posts are worth 10 of mine.

Cheers
    Jeff
    www.idologic.com
    www.demologic.com
    A company committed to people serious about their websites - If you don't DO LOGIC - what do you do?Check Us Out

Here is an example of a "you get what you pay for"

5 GB SPACE
    50 GB TRANSFER
    cPanel
    24/7 Tech Support
    Reseller possible
    $5/month!
    Send all e-mail to
    abuse@spews.org

I'm certainly not paying $5 a month (though I have in the past). The last webhost I used was a nightmare in the fact that they wouldn't refund my money until I contacted the BBB.

There are so many recommendations on here, that its hard to weed through them all sometimes.
    Who needs riches when you have Labrador Retrievers enriching your life?!?

Originally posted by labby
    I'm certainly not paying $5 a month (though I have in the past). The last webhost I used was a nightmare in the fact that they wouldn't refund my money until I contacted the BBB.

There are so many recommendations on here, that its hard to weed through them all sometimes.
    do a search yourself on the board, i am sure you will find your answer
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

I'm on #5 since 1999 not including free hosts.

Yikes, 5 since 1999. Please tell me you haven't been using WHT to try and narrow the field?

I find it hard to believe that anyone who uses this website doesn't get a good feel for the good companies and the bad.
    www.idologic.com
    www.demologic.com
    A company committed to people serious about their websites - If you don't DO LOGIC - what do you do?Check Us Out

Originally posted by idologicJeff
    Yikes, 5 since 1999. Please tell me you haven't been using WHT to try and narrow the field?

I find it hard to believe that anyone who uses this website doesn't get a good feel for the good companies and the bad.

Not necessarily! We read daily people signed up for hosting based on recommendations from WHT! I always say use this along with "other resources" as well. This place has taken on the here today, gone tomorrow, fly-by-night co. and they literally bombard people they know are "looking"
    Its unprofessional and unethical. Just be safe and do your "own" research.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

the worst experience...

The worst experience i had with my host is that they took 10 days
    to get my account activated.
    To make matter worse, i had to wait another 7 days for my nameservers to be fixed due to some errors assigning the ips.
    Its all a gruelling 17 days wait.
    Since it was my 1st hosting experience, i thought the duration taken was actually a norm, until i came to know that an account can be activated in less than 30 mins.
    I do read the fine prints now, "you get what you pay for".
    Afterall, i shouldn't expect any uptime guarantee or 24/7 customer
    service support if im only wiling to fork out $9 a month.

Anyway, that was history. Next time around, i wouldnt pick my host not before making a tarrant search here, afterall thats the purpose of having a forum like this.

<< Note to hosts reading this thread>>

Just because someone has changed hosts in the past, doesn't mean they're looking to change hosts 'now.'

Don't spam them about you.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Re: the worst experience...

Originally posted by digitanium

I do read the fine prints now, "you get what you pay for".
    Afterall, i shouldn't expect any uptime guarantee or 24/7 customer service support if im only wiling to fork out $9 a month.
    Yes you do get what you've paid for. I've said so myself. You also get what's promised in the TOS, and what you've contracated to pay for.

Its just not always worth pursing it, if the company you're dealing with is famous for not living up to their own TOS, and your only paying say $5/month.

Cheers
    Jeff
    www.idologic.com
    www.demologic.com

started with technohosts.com , peice of trash service.
    got transferred to adehost.com , ran out of money for hosting
    went to az-webhost , unlimited policy sucked
    became a reseller for fasthosts.co.uk, ran outta space after using 5 gigs
    became a reseller for rsmhost.com, got tired of reselling
    bought a dedicated server from fdcservers.net
    bought a dedicated server from rackshack.net
    Nationhosts, LLC
    http://www.nationhosts.com
    "Nationwide hosting solutions"

Dumped my first for poor service, about to dump my second for being unable to communicate both during and after a crisis. Now opened up shared accounts with four different hosts. Looking at becoming a reseller soon, and if so, I go with someone I have the best support experience with. Price will only be a factor in terms of plan size with that particular trustworthy host.

I've never changed even once -- still with HostRocket.com from day one
    Have you Floble'd today?

I've been through several hosts (7 to be exact), and I'm satisfied with my current host.

1. Valueweb <-- left because I wanted more features
    2. NoMonthlyFees <-- big mistake
    3. WTFHosting <-- big mistake... went defunct
    4. 20megs free <-- A joke, and started hosting my site at my place on my computer
    5. In-home hosting <-- quit doing this cause I got some sponsored hosting
    6. Domainsville <-- left due to server problems (unable to edit files, upload, check email, etc)
    7. CadeNet <-- AWOL
    8. Akashik <-- Current host, and satisfied with them
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

I am on my third, and as things are looking, I will be staying.

Originally posted by Martie
    We read daily people signed up for hosting based on recommendations from WHT! I always say use this along with "other resources" as well. This place has taken on the here today, gone tomorrow, fly-by-night co.
    This is a valid point, I have noticed (no names mentioned) hosts on this site answering requests for services from high level users with offers I know for fact to be unrealistic for them to provide either physically or profitably.

When will people realise that jumping feet first into the cheapest offering will result in dissapointment.

Although there are a few exceptions to that rule.

Originally posted by MGCJerry

3. WTFHosting <-- big mistake... went defunct
    Surely you jest?
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast