Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Originally posted by tickedon
    It's amazing what you can dig up Shame they never did anything about my suggestion!
    heh, hey Alasdair!

Jeremy did bring up your idea of putting pricing on each product page.

I'm sure that's the direction we're headed.
    Jeff Standen, Software Architect, Cerb
    Cerb - web-based teamwork and workflow automation - https://cerb.ai/

Originally posted by jstanden
    No problem! When you get a chance to dig in some more, we'd love to hear your thoughts.
    Here are my very critical suggestions...

- The ticket display should emulate GMAIL'S system. The 'properties/audit/history/etc' should all be on the left side. The right side should ONLY have the messages. All messages should be collapsed except the newest message, a la gmail.

- When replying to tickets, why must I click reply? There should be a quick reply feature. Also, why do I have to scroll down to reply to messages if i'm my resolution is 1024x768, I should be able to reply on the same screen... it's not fun when you'r using a laptop!

- When I move my mouse over the subject of a ticket in the main menu, it would be nice to see a preview of the msg... similar to the vbulletin mouse-over preview function.

- Your pricing structure is okay, but be clear and precise. If you don't know the future, neither do we. IMHO, always keep the free version, and never change the free upgrade policy as this will attract the most users and will lock them in. Trust me, after customizing and integrating the free system, I WILL NEVER EVER SWITCH to a competing product as it's just not worth the effort. As hosts grow, they will eventually buy. I wouldn't charge for upgrades, just for support. Learn from Invisionboard's mistake.

- Improve the skinning process. It is workable, but the left and right sides should have been separate from the beginning.

There's more, but I have to get back to work.
    HOST78 - Affordable and Reliable Canadian Web Hosting and Domain Registration
    TRY RISK FREE with our 15 day money back guarantee

I firmly stand behind eSupport. I've tried nearly every helpdesk software a person can use, including Cerberus, and I have to say, eSupport is the best for my company. From recent feedback, my clients seem to like the eSupport system much better than others we've tried. eSupport smoothly and professionally integrates with ModernBill, and we have experienced no problems with this integration thus far. I would like to see more statistical tools (IE: better response time measurement tools), but I am sure these things will come in the Version 3 release. I also have a license for the Kayako LiveResponse software, and it too works like a dream. The new version of that software also looks extremely promising. From a person who has been in the industry for nearly five years now, and has tried many helpdesk systems, I strongly recommend Kayako eSupport. Thanks.
    John Morris
    Warp-Factor Technologies - Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    E-Mail: john[AT]warp-factor.net AIM: iiwebwizardii

Originally posted by HOST78
    - Your pricing structure is okay, but be clear and precise. If you don't know the future, neither do we. IMHO, always keep the free version, and never change the free upgrade policy as this will attract the most users and will lock them in. Trust me, after customizing and integrating the free system, I WILL NEVER EVER SWITCH to a competing product as it's just not worth the effort. As hosts grow, they will eventually buy. I wouldn't charge for upgrades, just for support. Learn from Invisionboard's mistake.
    That just doesn't work, as both myself and electric have said. People generally need support for upgrades (i.e. it goes wrong, doesn't work etc...) and that's why you often find support & upgrades being charged for together at one price. Upgrades require support, and often, support requires upgrades (e.g. you've got a problem with a bug, it's fixed in the next version, so you need to upgrade to that).
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

Originally posted by HOST78
    - The ticket display should emulate GMAIL'S system. The 'properties/audit/history/etc' should all be on the left side. The right side should ONLY have the messages. All messages should be collapsed except the newest message, a la gmail.
    This has got to be a personal preference. During a normal day in the help desk, I can't remember what I told one person and who's issue is what. Especially when it comes to email issues. Scrolling through the messages I can get a quick glimpse of the issue to referesh my memory and than see the new one. I can see however how this feature would be nice with less of a load. I'm sure both help desk allow you to customize this to your needs, but of course you'd need to do some editing.

- When replying to tickets, why must I click reply? There should be a quick reply feature. Also, why do I have to scroll down to reply to messages if i'm my resolution is 1024x768, I should be able to reply on the same screen... it's not fun when you'r using a laptop!
    Agreed. Going to an entire other page to reply is not very user friendly. Hiding the reply form can easily clean up clutter and than unhide it with a click or have it displayed at all times. I know that in eSupport it has a quick reply option and the form will appear at the top of the paeg. Personaly I wish it was both on the bottom and the top. Because sometimes I'm at the bottom, but sometimes at the top. Having the option for both would be great.

I have to agree with what a lot of others have said. That if you want upgrades or support, pay the developers. It doesn't make sense long term for a business to give free ugprades and free support. If I want a product that is well developed and supported, I will support it with my pocket. I don't want something for free if it won't be there a year from now. I want a stable product I can depend on.

Looking forward to the new eSupport version. I'm pretty sure we won't install it until its been stable for a while.
    Sarah :c)

cPanelDemos.com - live remotely hosted cPanel & WHM demo hosting service.

Originally posted by GnomeyNewt
    Looking forward to the new eSupport version. I'm pretty sure we won't install it until its been stable for a while.
    I've been testing out the new version of Kayako. It's looking good, and I haven't come across any problems yet
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

Originally posted by GnomeyNewt
    I have to agree with what a lot of others have said. That if you want upgrades or support, pay the developers. It doesn't make sense long term for a business to give free ugprades and free support. If I want a product that is well developed and supported, I will support it with my pocket. I don't want something for free if it won't be there a year from now. I want a stable product I can depend on.
    Point taken, and I guess I agree.

I think my words came out the wrong way. What I meant to say was, "Developers should stand by their business model, and if they offer certain products in certain ways, they should stick with it. If they have intentions of charging for future upgrades/support, at least be forthright with the information."

In other words, avoid doign what Invisionboard did. Bait and switch.
    HOST78 - Affordable and Reliable Canadian Web Hosting and Domain Registration
    TRY RISK FREE with our 15 day money back guarantee

Originally posted by enis
    I think cerberus has just as many features that are missing in esupport.
    any details about this?

Wow, quite an old thread...

Anyway, we used to use Cerberus, until a couple of weeks ago I think. I like a lot of the features Kayako has, which Cerberus does not. Also, I just set up Live Response, and it is great!

I just wish the helpdesk and live response were integrated. I think Live Response should be able to use the departments and users already set up in ESupport. I also think that when users leave a message in live response, it should go to one of the departments set up in esupport; if they were in support, it goes to the support department, etc. Having an extra place to check for messages is silly.

But all in all Kayako is very nice.

Cerberus is the way to play it.
    PacketAce
    Because packets were meant to be delivered.
    Premium Mzima Bandwith at Equinix - Secaucus, NJ

I would say Kayako . It has all the features and didn't have many bugs in the last few years that we used it.

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 07-07-2005 at 05:52 AM.

When you have 10 - 15 techs working on your board at a time then cerberus is the only solution. You see minute details very clearly in cerberus and it has been designed very well so that everyone leaves the ticket when joe would be working on xyz ticket.

We have been using Kayako for almost two years now and havent had any issues. One of the reasons we chose it over Cerberus was because of the multiple themes and knowledge bases that can be used since we sell services on several domains. We host the help desk on one corporate domain, but we have a different themes and knowledge bases for each site we sell services with. I still dont believe this is an option with Cerberus.

Originally posted by qlites
    We have been using Kayako for almost two years now and havent had any issues. One of the reasons we chose it over Cerberus was because of the multiple themes and knowledge bases that can be used since we sell services on several domains. We host the help desk on one corporate domain, but we have a different themes and knowledge bases for each site we sell services with. I still dont believe this is an option with Cerberus.
    Cerberus has supported multiple 'public gui' installations for quite some time now (ever since I started using it at least). You can create as many user frontends as needed and install them on different domains, servers etc... - each one can have different departments and can look completely different from each other.
    Alasdair

Kayako ver3 is beautiful, very slick admin, staff, and user interfaces. In fact it is perfect for a hosting company that has 1-15 techs online at any time. The caveat, is that I can't get it to work very well. It is perfect for the average host or reseller running a generic RH9 box w/ cpanel, works great right out of the box with minimal configuring. Especially when the host machine is also the mail server. But put the mail server on a cluster, or Domino server and I've run into configuration issues - not that Cerberus works any better :p, at that point Intuit is the only thing I've found that works $$$$$. I would highly recommend Kayako for simple web servers.

Cerberus is like modernbill it seems more complicated first but when you understand !! MAN!!

this thing is so good!!

I just love it!

Right, Cerberus Helpdesk has many features than others, it's really good. Other competitors are lag behind from cereberus long way.

Originally posted by mikejr
    But put the mail server on a cluster, or Domino server and I've run into configuration issues - not that Cerberus works any better :p,
    I respectfully have to disagree here. Cerberus runs quite well on a cluster right out of the box. Runs like a champ on iNET Interactive's cluster without problems (just one example of many).
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

I never could get around the interface on Cerberus. I'd love to use it instead of Kayako (mostly due to this licensing issue), but it's just not for me. I personally find it cluttered and confusing.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Hello,

I have tested both systems for my own opinion Cerberus seems bit better (more options and more optimized to work with high load).

As well there is solution named SitePanel2.com we are testing this one also at the moment and its seems very good one.

out of the 2, i prefer kayako

Just a quick question. I understand admins can never login to Kayako after the initial installation, all 'business' doing with emails (getting tickets, replying to them, etc., all activities logged to esupport). Is the same functionality available in Cerberus?

Thank you.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Definitely Kayako, I have used both before but I prefer Kayako; I think its overpriced tho...

Originally posted by localpub
    Just a quick question. I understand admins can never login to Kayako after the initial installation, all 'business' doing with emails (getting tickets, replying to them, etc., all activities logged to esupport). Is the same functionality available in Cerberus?
    If you mean does an admin user have the ability to receive a copy of an email sent in, be able to reply to that email and have it sent to both the customer and be recorded in the system, etc. Then yes, Cerberus has been able to do this for about 3 years (if not more). The feature is called "watchers" in Cerberus terminology if you want to look up more about it.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

Originally posted by Jeremy Johnstone
    If you mean does an admin user have the ability to receive a copy of an email sent in, be able to reply to that email and have it sent to both the customer and be recorded in the system, etc. Then yes, Cerberus has been able to do this for about 3 years (if not more). The feature is called "watchers" in Cerberus terminology if you want to look up more about it.
    This is an excellent feature....I also can't wait for the release of Cerberus MajorCRM, it looks fantastic and I think it will blow anything that tries to compete with it out of the water.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast