Cheap German Dedicated Servers?

Hi,

I recently discovered that German Dedicated Service is really cheap and usually got high spec also.

Anyone got adresses to Dedicated Servers in Germany? As many as you got and I can browse trough them.

U could also look at
    www.valueserver.de
    AlfaHosting
    "European webhosting, resellerhosting and dedicated servers since 2003"

Lot's of them ( Most of them ) doesn't seem to have an english website? How did you guys manage to browse them?

All of them were used by me, or my friends.
    You can check their support in english by sending email.
    DC Technician, Czech Republic, Europe, Earth, Solar System.

But I can't seem to understand anything on their websites?

It seems like Webtropia doesn't accept foreign customers - also I've read bad things about them (good things to!). Think I skip it considering how much money we are actually dealing with.

For those who can't browse sites I recommend http://www.google.com/translate_t.

Have anyone got experience from Hetzner.de? Do they allow foreign customers? Is it optional using them for reselling?

I recently got a server at www.netdirekt.de

While I don't have enough experience with them yet to say how they are on the long run, so far it's been great. Their site and relevant communication is in bilingual, the only thing I've found that doesn't appear to be English is their customer portal (for checking bandwidth usage, request IPs, etc) and TOS (AGB in German), but I guess you could Bablefish your way around that...

Quote Originally Posted by Nahlstedt View Post

Have anyone got experience from Hetzner.de? Do they allow foreign customers? Is it optional using them for reselling?
    They allow foreigners to order servers.
    And yes, you can resell, its your server

Anyone heard any good from www.server4you.de also? Just wonder, they seem serious!

Quote Originally Posted by Nahlstedt View Post
    Anyone heard any good from www.server4you.de also? Just wonder, they seem serious!
    i checked em out a while ago i was told you have to pay yearly if you do not have a german bank account

Ok, well. Not that much considered what you are getting for the money, really. But I think I'll have to borrow some from my parents or work extra hard this summer =).

I have been with 1paket for a few months now (only 1 server). Service has been rock solid so far. Also they reply to emails quickly and in flawless english.

Price is also quite good.

- Cyb

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg-- View Post
    I have been with 1paket for a few months now (only 1 server). Service has been rock solid so far. Also they reply to emails quickly and in flawless english.

Price is also quite good.

- Cyb
    What are the speeds to US like?

Can't really tell from US as most of my uses are in Canada. But to Canada I usually hit around 400-700 k/s (on a 10 mbit link on the Canadian side). Latency is usually fairly low also, about 20-30 ms more then a US server (FDC datacenter).

Hope that helps.

- Cyb

Quote Originally Posted by mike_au View Post
    What are the speeds to US like?
    I get about 500-600 kbytes/s on my 16mbit home connection in Maryland. If I use flashget with 10 connections it maxes out my connection.

Well, more suggestions? What would be great would be somewhere I can pay like monthly, 3-months, 6-months instead of 1 year or 18 months.

Futurehosting's prices are monthly.

For Germany, the first choice is Hetzner - absolutely no discussion. They have the best prices / contracts and offer you a first-class support you'd only expect for a 100€ per month SLA.

You have a automatic reboot interface, rescue system and you can optionally request a KVM _free of charge_, so except of hardware failures (exchange time < 30 minutes) you probably won't need their excellent support.

They gladly accept every foreign customer and are probably one of the best european providers.

Are you kidding?
    Hetzner have good support at work days (mon-friday).
    Then, all techincian are gone

HostEurope.de - really great support. But they cost more.

They have datacenter support from 6.30 (!) to 22.45 (!!) from Monday till Friday, and even 10-17 o'clock on Saturday. Name me *one* provider who offers such unbeatable support at that price.

I mean, if you mess up your server on Sunday and you can't help yourself with the rescue system / reboot interface, it's your fault. And how likely is it that your hardware breaks up exactly on Sunday? _Very_ unlikely. If you have important files, you have a 3ware RAID and wait for the next day to swap the hard drives.

HostEurope will definitely charge you when they have to plug a keyboard on your server. Hetzner already performed work directly on my server (SSH daemon didn't start) and they billed me nothing - but that happened a few years ago where they didn't have a rescue system yet

Well, I must say that Hetzner seem good. The only problem I can see with Hetzner is that I so need Plesk or any interface so I can setup a small webhosting.

Is there free alternatives to Plesk, that's easy to install?

You can try DirectAdmin, its not free (almost free, abut $15-16).
    Or install webmin, vhcs or isp-config.
    There is a planty of free control panels.