SpecHosting.com Review

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give a quick review about SpecHosting....EXCELLENT COMPANY!!!

Tanner (Ownner) and his staff are amazing. I had just moved my accounts to their server and had a few rough patches along the way but Tanner took the time to help and we even talked about a few options over the phone.

Everything is running much faster and smoother.

Thank You SpecHosting

I am amazed that no one has jumped on to this review with questions of a domain, length of hosting with the company, etc!

I will be the first to ask this very question as I am very questionable about this review.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

No problem. I'm actually surprised that it took a few days to get any comments on it.

Here is a rundown of everything.

I was with Hostgator as a reseller for about 4 years. I mainly sell hosting to clients I build sites for. I only have 2 hosted clients that I didn't build their site. At that time Hostgator was good, service was good, severs and sites were moving quickly.

Now to present time...sites loaded slowly, ftp and other function would continuously time out, support that seemed clueless about certain issues which would create multiple email responses for days while the issue still existed, and the best...sql databases resetting and crashing so almost every 2 weeks clients would email me that their site was missing and again I would have to contact support to have them repair the database.

Not worth the time, energy, and cost. Their pricing structure didn't make sense after doing some more research. With Hostgator I would get more space with 2 reseller medium packages for less price than getting the top reseller package.

So I came here when I started searching for a better alternative and saw all the different options and packages. I tried a couple as I did when I first started hosting to see who responded quick and how quickly the account was setup. Back then I came across a few that were garbage before going with HG. 4 year later I know what to look for and sadly their are company's on this board that would setup with an account and go down right after with no way of support.

So I found SpecHosting, good prices and better sizes. I initially signed up as a reseller but then transferred to a vps since a few of my clients have large sites. Tanner helped me along the way with moving all my clients, updates, and also suggesting options. Hg would never do that unless you get that one support person who thinks out the box and doesn't follow the script.

So I've only been with SpecHosting for a month and everything loads faster and makes a lot more sense. Plus going from reseller to vps was a much better move for me and my clients.

I will post again around 6 months or a year. If everything is good I will be with them for the next 4 or many years, although with anything and technology you never know, today's high speed servers will be door stops a few years from now...and HG is still using a lot of over-crowded door stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    No problem. I'm actually surprised that it took a few days to get any comments on it.

Here is a rundown of everything.

I was with Hostgator as a reseller for about 4 years. I mainly sell hosting to clients I build sites for. I only have 2 hosted clients that I didn't build their site. At that time Hostgator was good, service was good, severs and sites were moving quickly.

Now to present time...sites loaded slowly, ftp and other function would continuously time out, support that seemed clueless about certain issues which would create multiple email responses for days while the issue still existed, and the best...sql databases resetting and crashing so almost every 2 weeks clients would email me that their site was missing and again I would have to contact support to have them repair the database.

Not worth the time, energy, and cost. Their pricing structure didn't make sense after doing some more research. With Hostgator I would get more space with 2 reseller medium packages for less price than getting the top reseller package.

So I came here when I started searching for a better alternative and saw all the different options and packages. I tried a couple as I did when I first started hosting to see who responded quick and how quickly the account was setup. Back then I came across a few that were garbage before going with HG. 4 year later I know what to look for and sadly their are company's on this board that would setup with an account and go down right after with no way of support.

So I found SpecHosting, good prices and better sizes. I initially signed up as a reseller but then transferred to a vps since a few of my clients have large sites. Tanner helped me along the way with moving all my clients, updates, and also suggesting options. Hg would never do that unless you get that one support person who thinks out the box and doesn't follow the script.

So I've only been with SpecHosting for a month and everything loads faster and makes a lot more sense. Plus going from reseller to vps was a much better move for me and my clients.

I will post again around 6 months or a year. If everything is good I will be with them for the next 4 or many years, although with anything and technology you never know, today's high speed servers will be door stops a few years from now...and HG is still using a lot of over-crowded door stops.
    I'm not sure how this review slid by me, but I'm so happy to hear your happy with our service so far! We really appreciate the kind words about our Spec!

Your welcome.

I know we have both been busy so even to sit down and write this was my one free minute for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Your welcome.

I know we have both been busy so even to sit down and write this was my one free minute for the day.
    Well I am super excited that with your one free minute you decided to share your praise with us and the rest of the community!

Cheers to that!

I find half of those people really funny when they jump on a review and ask for a domain, Members it's not YOUR JOB to do so, rather the mods, quit trying to play their role on this forum.

None the less, nice review!

Quote Originally Posted by Interix View Post
    I find half of those people really funny when they jump on a review and ask for a domain, Members it's not YOUR JOB to do so, rather the mods, quit trying to play their role on this forum.

Haha, I was going to ignore the comment but you hit it dead on the head. It wouldn't of even been so bad if he didn't express his doubts publicly. I know exactly who this customer is!

So please do outline us to where in the rules or on this board to where it outlines that it is soley the 'Moderators' duty to ask the reviewer for a domain name, I am really intrigued as your comments are coming from your own thoughts
    Last edited by Sparrow-Sean; 05-07-2011 at 02:51 AM.
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    So please do outline us to where in the rules or on this board to where it outlines that it is soley the 'Moderators' duty to ask the reviewer for a domain name, I am really intrigued
    I don't believe it states that anywhere actually, it was rather the "questionable remarks" that bothered me the most. When I see a SpeedySparrow review, I don't immediately discount it as "questionable".

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    So please do outline us to where in the rules or on this board to where it outlines that it is soley the 'Moderators' duty to ask the reviewer for a domain name, I am really intrigued as your comments are coming from your own thoughts
    Yes, Sean it's coming from my own thoughts, No one has to provide you with a domain if they don't want to, and I am not questioning that however, every single thread there is always someone asking for the OP's domain name, and it kinda needs to stop.

Members of the forum have a right to at least ask for verification themselves.
    Yes, the moderators do an amazing job, however it's nice for members to be able to judge themselves, since it's them you're wanting to impress.

I personally ignore any reviews with writers of less than 10 posts,
    As do a lot of members of the forum.

If you aren't willing to provide further information to the community as well as our moderators, don't expect the review to actually effect peoples opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Interix View Post

Thank You. I found this an odd question. I don't see anyone else advertising their domain unless they ARE advertising.

Also it would look bad to their clients and people would try to undercut that person.

Quote Originally Posted by intelliServe View Post
    Members of the forum have a right to at least ask for verification themselves.
    Yes, the moderators do an amazing job, however it's nice for members to be able to judge themselves, since it's them you're wanting to impress.

I personally ignore any reviews with writers of less than 10 posts,
    As do a lot of members of the forum.

If you aren't willing to provide further information to the community as well as our moderators, don't expect the review to actually effect peoples opinions.
    I find this statement borderline rude. Am I suppose to list my domain and all my clients to convince someone about my thoughts. As I said before I was with HG for 4 years so I didn't have time to be a part of a forum that's acting like a gated community. If a host had 200 clients and all of them came on here and posted a comment would that not be valid. It's almost like saying a person should be married a few times to then comment about the wedding service. Certain things you try to purchase for long periods. Cars, homes, and hosting servers are long terms purchases. I wouldn't trust a home review from someone who moves every 3 years...there's an underlying issue about that.

Leaving a review no matter how vague is a good tool to promote a business instead of just coming here, finding what you need and say nothing to anyone.

And this makes my 11th post, so are my statements now valid?
    Last edited by WPCYCLE; 05-09-2011 at 05:02 AM. Reason: extra text

this is really nice website.. .

how can we confirm this?