Well im fed up of being told TFT is better then CRT without facts, and im after your views, why everyone thinks TFT is better then CRT?

DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT THE SPACE SAVING......that does not class somthing as being good when deep down everyone looks for quality of picture, refresh rate and power.

the only thing i think a TFT is good for is for saving space on a desktop, so please dont bring that one up.

ive been told alot of things about TFT monitors, and just wondered if they are true, can you really play games with them? i dont mean the old windows platform games i mean the latest games e.g. doom 3, battlefield 1942, far-cry etc.

im a big, big, big, gaming fanatic and been playing games for longer then what I can remember and ive played on a game on a TFT before round a mates house, cause he wanted to borrow battlefield from me, and when i went to play it the picture quality was really sh*t to say the least. sorry for bad lanuage but everyone makes TFT's out to be the best and clearly in that case it wasnt.

also i noticed alot of distoring when scrolling on a web page, and creating and viewing pictures and things. anything with alot of colour and graphics in I noticed it was totally sh*t.

dont get my wrong the TFT's do look nice but i just think paying £800 for somthing to be distored and poor quality to be a rip off.

somtimes i just think you cant beat a good CRT