Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    Your hosting company screwed up? No, no no.
    YOU , the site owner screwed up.
    BOTH php 5.2 and 5.3 are done, dead, EOL, kaput.... Get with the times and update your software.

Don't blame the host for your laziness here
    I am going to ignore your comment because you did not read the facts. For others reading this thread, I had asked my host multiple times to revert to the last working configuration and it took them 20 hours to do it.

I am more frustrated by the fact that in every ticket I had to convince them that the blank screen errors were happening because of the php downgrade/upgrade that was done, and the junior techs kept washing their hands off the responsibility.

@kartik786, Anyway things gone bad. Why don't you update your site to support php 5.4 and upgrade your servers php into v5.4
    Continuing with older versions of php is not a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CheetahNode View Post
    @kartik786, Anyway things gone bad. Why don't you update your site to support php 5.4 and upgrade your servers php into v5.4
    Continuing with older versions of php is not a good idea.
    Yes, we are working on it

Quote Originally Posted by kartik786 View Post
    I am going to ignore your comment because you did not read the facts.
    I read the facts just fine
    #1: Your host updated you to the latest stable version of php
    #2: YOUR SITE started showing deprecated errors (a sign you haven't updated your site)

This isn't your host's fault, this is your own. It's not your host's responsibility to upgrade your site for you, it's yours. It's ALSO your responsibility to ensure that your site is secure. I guess if it gets hacked, THAT'S going to be a sign of a 'bad host' as well? Nonsense

Give up your website. Clearly, you have no clue what you're doing, or how to maintain it.

Your hosting company screwed up? No, no no.
    YOU , the site owner screwed up.
    BOTH php 5.2 and 5.3 are done, dead, EOL, kaput.... Get with the times and update your software.

Don't blame the host for your laziness here
    That's ridiculous.

PHP 5.2.x and 5.3.x still work fine, and many apps need these PHP versions. (As far as "security" goes, many a privately or publicly patched, and only the official release is outdated. It's not like PHP 5.4.x and 5.5.x are immune.)

I hate upgrade junky nerds that think they always have to use the "latest and greatest" whatever, and that anything "outdated" should be erased or trashed.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    That's ridiculous.

PHP 5.2.x and 5.3.x still work fine, and many apps need these PHP versions. (As far as "security" goes, many a privately or publicly patched, and only the official release is outdated. It's not like PHP 5.4.x and 5.5.x are immune.)

I hate upgrade junky nerds that think they always have to use the "latest and greatest" whatever, and that anything "outdated" should be erased or trashed.
    You are of course entitled to your opinion as anybody else but it doesn't further the issue at hand. If you rely on managed services you quickly reach the end of the line with custom requirements unless you make sure upfront that you are covered adequately. Using a managed server doesn't mean you can turn a back on your site, drop the key and waive any further responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by httpEasy View Post
    it doesn't further the issue at hand.
    I'm only commenting on the stupid idea that PHP 5.2/5.3 is dead.

I agree on the management aspect. The PHP is the job of the developer to figure out, and it may mean self-management of the server if it's non-standard or too complex.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

This looks like a 500 error. You just need to enable PHP error reporting and relay the missing module or configuration error to your host, that way they can get it resolved for you ASAP.

Also, you may want to recommend CloudLinux to your host. That would allow the users to modify their PHP builds as needed on the fly.
    BitronicTech Affordable Hosting and VPS Since 2007. Check out my Blog.
    99.99% Uptime Guarantee. 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee. 24/7/365 Support.
    cPanel/WHM - CloudLinux - Varnish - CloudFlare - Softaculous - Daily Shared Hosting Backups

Always ask for Paul, if it's something really tricky. KnownHost Paul is the fixer of all fixers.

I'm only commenting on the stupid idea that PHP 5.2/5.3 is dead.
    It is.
    BOTH are EOL (end of life)
    5.2 and 5.3 are done, dead, EOL.
    Move on already

That's ridiculous.

Thank you KP, I was having a hard time already and your support is much appreciated.

I read the facts just fine
    #1: Your host updated you to the latest stable version of php
    #2: YOUR SITE started showing deprecated errors (a sign you haven't updated your site)

This isn't your host's fault, this is your own. It's not your host's responsibility to upgrade your site for you, it's yours. It's ALSO your responsibility to ensure that your site is secure. I guess if it gets hacked, THAT'S going to be a sign of a 'bad host' as well? Nonsense

Give up your website. Clearly, you have no clue what you're doing, or how to maintain it.
    Clearly you need a psychiatrist because you have no clue what the issue is even after reading the facts which are :

1.) I did not ask for the upgrade, but the junior tech upgraded it anyway and then left me hanging for hours.
    2.) Did not accept that the blank screen error was caused due to php upgrade nor had the technical expertise to revert back to the last working config.
    3.) Senior tech agreed that the problems were caused due to php upgrade and downgraded php to a stable release and turned off error reporting to stop deprecated errors from showing up.
    4.) It took them 20 hours to do so, and the most frustrating part was that I was up all night responding to their claims that everything is working fine and its a developer issue while I kept convincing them that they should have just reverted it back to the last working config.

You seriously need to get a shrink and maybe this song will help you live a better life . God bless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12