Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

designing a website for a company

Hi Guys,

i want to design a website for a company and i have no experience
    can any one help me how to start?
    I want to make a good one not looking cheap and simple

thanks in advance
      0 Not allowed!

Utilizing Wordpress would probably be your best bet or finding a host with a site builder might help a bit as well, depending on how static the website will be.

Best of luck.
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you i will try the wordpress
    is it good option for beginner?
    and i already have a domain do i have to buy a host?
    sorry but i am begginner
      0 Not allowed!

There are many free themes out there that can be used and modified quite easily. Don't trust ALL free things. Always install with caution and try to get them from at very least from Wordpress.org community or if you can afford some $$, try theme forest or template monster which would be a bit more safer.

If you have just the domain, then yes, you will still need to get a host. I'd suggest looking in the WHT ads section for a deal. Try to get a host with softaclous or something similar to help with the Wordpress install.
      1 Not allowed!

@Raghda It is a good idea to grab a pen and a list of paper and to draw a simple layout, which you;d pass to a graphic designer. If you want what do you want you;d save a lot of time and money. As soon as you have the web pages design (in PSD or any other format, you'd give it to a coder). Another alternative approach is just to go and choose a design template.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog Host View Post
    There are many free themes out there that can be used and modified quite easily. Don't trust ALL free things. Always install with caution and try to get them from at very least from Wordpress.org community or if you can afford some $$, try theme forest or template monster which would be a bit more safer.

If you have just the domain, then yes, you will still need to get a host. I'd suggest looking in the WHT ads section for a deal. Try to get a host with softaclous or something similar to help with the Wordpress install.

as i heard the free one can be updated and then the page will broke.
    if there is something safe and good i can purchase i want to design it by my self
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HostColor View Post
    @Raghda It is a good idea to grab a pen and a list of paper and to draw a simple layout, which you;d pass to a graphic designer. If you want what do you want you;d save a lot of time and money. As soon as you have the web pages design (in PSD or any other format, you'd give it to a coder). Another alternative approach is just to go and choose a design template.
    thank you
    i already decide and draw the design i want, but i dont want a graphic designer do it, i am an engineer and i think i can do it by my self just need a start point
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raghda View Post
    as i heard the free one can be updated and then the page will broke.
    if there is something safe and good i can purchase i want to design it by my self
    When you install a new theme, you can create a "Child theme" which you can edit all you want and when the actual theme gets updated, it won't break your website. That is something that you'll have to do regardless if you buy or use a free theme if there were to ever be a future update on the theme.

I hope you found the information useful, best of luck.
      1 Not allowed!

Check out http://teamtreehouse.com/ if you want some good lessons. I think teaching you how to design and code a professional website is a bit much of a request.. you have a lot of learning to do. As stated above, if you're going the wordpress route then your best bet would be to start out doing a child theme. As an engineer you should find the wordpress codex very helpful.
    critihost.com - Business-Class Professional Hosting
    Premium Shared & Reseller Hosting at Affordable Prices
    100% Uptime Guarantee | 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
    ✓ Follow: Twitter: @critihost | FB: Critihost | Get Started Today!
      1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog Host View Post
    When you install a new theme, you can create a "Child theme" which you can edit all you want and when the actual theme gets updated, it won't break your website. That is something that you'll have to do regardless if you buy or use a free theme if there were to ever be a future update on the theme.

I hope you found the information useful, best of luck.
    Thank you it is very useful i will try the wordpress.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by critihost View Post
    Check out http://teamtreehouse.com/ if you want some good lessons. I think teaching you how to design and code a professional website is a bit much of a request.. you have a lot of learning to do. As stated above, if you're going the wordpress route then your best bet would be to start out doing a child theme. As an engineer you should find the wordpress codex very helpful.
    thanks, is that for free?
    I asked to join but they need my card number, is that mean they will charge?
    How can i make sure that they will not charge money?
      0 Not allowed!

It's not free, it's $25 per month. Free for 14 days if you remember to cancel.
    critihost.com - Business-Class Professional Hosting
    Premium Shared & Reseller Hosting at Affordable Prices
    100% Uptime Guarantee | 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
    ✓ Follow: Twitter: @critihost | FB: Critihost | Get Started Today!
      0 Not allowed!

so if i cancel no charge, right?
      0 Not allowed!

they asked for my ccv card number, is that secured?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Raghda View Post
    they asked for my ccv card number, is that secured?
    Treehouse is a safe and trusted site. Your CC details are safe with them but remember to cancel before the trial period ends. Otherwise you will be charged automatically.
      1 Not allowed!

designing a website for a company

Hi,
    I would recommend getting a nice and simple wordpress theme from theme forest, then install wordpress in your server and upload the theme.
    Make sure the theme is corporate as you are designing website for a company.
    You can easily customise the theme to match the colour scheme of the company you want to design the website for.
    <<snipped>>
    Last edited by Postbox; 02-27-2015 at 08:22 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Wordpress can be a good website to help you with your campaign. Its service is credible and truly reliable.
      0 Not allowed!

If your planning to design from the ground up, I recommend you learn HTML and CSS first. These are my favorite sites for beginners and it's free! Although, don't expect to learning everything within a few days.

For HTML and CSS basics: http://www.w3schools.com
    For more advance CSS: http://css.maxdesign.com.au/index.htm
      0 Not allowed!

I suggest buying a hosting plan with cPanel and Softaculous - There are litterally applications that build complete sites like blogs(wordpress) or forums(mybb) or even project management, file storage, and much more. All very easily installed and easily enough modified/customized

If you decide you want to develop a complete web application, the easiest for you would be to look into PHP and Web API development - google and youtube are very useful and can give you ANY information you may need get started(or learn more)
      0 Not allowed!

WE have changed website design 1 year ago.

Checklist should include:

1. Arhitecture of website - decide what pages are important.
    2.SEO> Do basic keyword reseach
    3. User feedback - get answers from your friends.
    4. Design - do not choose fancy templates, they are usually nice looking but if you are not coder then you should hire someone for changes. (event better is to hire designer for unique design)
      0 Not allowed!

If you want to get some business from your website then you need a professional website for this you can learn html CSS php and wordpress
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi2Go View Post
    If your planning to design from the ground up, I recommend you learn HTML and CSS first. These are my favorite sites for beginners and it's free! Although, don't expect to learning everything within a few days.

For HTML and CSS basics: http://www.w3schools.com
    For more advance CSS: http://css.maxdesign.com.au/index.htm
    Why? Google is going to start penalizing companies that are not mobile ready. While you can make CSS mobile ready, it is much easier to use wordpress and move on with that.

I suggested a theme such as http://my.studiopress.com/themes/genesis/

I say get in wordpress from the start and move on.... you will have to learn some css using wordpress though.

Ultimately, OP, I suggest hiring a professional to build a site so you can focus on other areas of your business. You know, the parts that ultimately will make money for your company.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Don't let the simplicity of wordpress fool you. Building a website from the ground up takes quite a bit of time, and often weeks of fine tuning to ensure you have the best design.

Wordpress can get you functional simplicity in no time at all, and most customers probably wont care or notice the difference.
      0 Not allowed!

For more elaborate designs, I use Wordpress.
    For something simple, I really like SquareSpace. I have many simple sites running on it. Easy to use, good templates, reliable, SEO optimized, has traffic metric reports, easy to add blog sections and entries. Very nice.
      0 Not allowed!

Wordpress will work fine to put together a nice looking site. It saves time and gets the business out there.
    John Rasri
    Private Label Live Chat Provider For Resellers
    GotLiveChat.com
    White Label/Brand-able live chat software solutions
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast