Some questions about Google Checkout

Hello,

I am thinking to use Google Checkout to accept online credit card payment. It seems that not too many websites are using Google Checkout. Moreover not too many webmasters discuss this topics on the Internet. I have some questions:

Do you think people willing to use Google Checkout to settle the payment?

Do customers need to have Gmail accounts to use Google Checkout to settle the payment?

Best regards

We use GCO and its absolutely great. You will find that not too many people use it however I think that will change as there are many android users that already have an account.

I like it over PayPal, wish more people adopted it =)
    hostingcove.com | Tennessee Based Hosting Provider.
    cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting - Domain Names
    Join thousands of happy customers. Secure & Stable
    HeroicVPS Premium KVM VPS. Ashburn / Phoenix

These days, people just kind of go with the flow. If Google Checkout happens to catch on, more people will use it. It probably won't for a while though - Maybe after Google takes over and buys out everything in the technical world.

2CheckOut is a great alternative to Google Checkout and it's more widely used.

As I know for using Google Checkout you need SSL
    ADELINAhost (Established 2012)
    Shared Hosting - VPS - Dedicated Servers in more than 10 locations
    https://www.adelinahost.com

Quote Originally Posted by AdelinaHost View Post
    As I know for using Google Checkout you need SSL
    If you are exchanging billing details with your clients then you should have SSL anyway.
    miscis.com - Providing domains and premium hosting solutions at an affordable price
    cPanel+Softaculous | 99.9% Uptime SLA | CloudLinux | Daily Backups
    █ Accepting PayPal, Credit/Debit Cards, Liberty Reserve
    Currently in Netherlands, EU & Arizona, USA

Google Checkout is great. Settlement is extremely fast and reasonable. I have no problem with them at all.
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

As I know for using Google Checkout you need SSL and it only signup of UK and US people in india this feature is not available.

The biggest downside is that the recurring payment option is still Beta and as example, WHMCS do not support that feature yet. So, every month the customer have to manually pay.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I remember seeing it as a payment option on a site a few days ago and thinking the website was pretty 'with it'. I want to get onboard so people think the same of me.
    New Websites Web Design. Hosting. Marketing.
    ♥ Personal Support
    Fast Servers
    ►Best Backlink Services

Hi all,

Thanks for your information. I decide to try Google Checkout for some payments solution.

The only problem with Google Checkout to me is that it does not allow to pass some parameters back to my website for processing after payment.

Best regards

What is missing from their callbacks?

I think you should use PayPal as it is most popular online payment gateway. For Google Checkout you should have SSL.

Quote Originally Posted by HC-Ro View Post
    What is missing from their callbacks?
    Within WHMCS we always have to input the transaction fees manually. We figured that out late into using it and had to revisit each of those transactions fill in the amount. Also you need to ensure to revisit them individually and do not just assume the figure because if you are in the US and a UK customer pays you through GCO, the rate would vary by 1% I think. If both of you are from the same country then the rate is lower
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

Google is great search engine that's it. Most people like companies to specialize in one area only and do not think of them as e-wallet or anything else. Many people will not use it intentionally for monopoly concerns.