Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ^ Honestly, looks nothing different from "Ollies" applications, they were not specifically BAD but they weren't great.

This one seems nothing new.

l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    Honestly both the cPanel and WHMCS apps suck! I bought them and never used them again. @Zach there is nothing wrong with the iPhone 4 it's quite elegant and I did not notice too much change from 3GS to 4.0 of the iPhone just a few new extras but meh

iPhone 5 won't be out to the later part of this year or next!
    I was actually hoping for this month thanks for bring my hopes down.
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

^ Honestly, looks nothing different from "Ollies" applications, they were not specifically BAD but they weren't great.

This one seems nothing new.
    I saw them when I checked the similar pruducts.
    But I was reluctant when I saw the reviews in the store. More over their prices were high.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    The only issues I've had with Android is battery life, but that's mostly due to the huge screens and the way that apps are backgrounded I think.
    Get JuiceDefender/JuiceDefender Ultimate. It really helps, and with a decent custom profile you can get a day or more out of the battery.

With the new Android firmware released, it also helps.

Also, get an automated task killer as well.

Yeah, my wife has the automated task killer and JuiceDefender but still plugs her phone in numerous times per day
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

I would, not sure I like them though. My sister bought one of them with Optus and it was rather slow, but then again it was cheap at $150.00.

Apple is good, heaps of products but too many to choose from, so confusing.
    Heaps of products? Too many to choose from? So confusing?

It's all the same product! lol. Different size screens or the ability to make a phone call is the only difference.

Very simple. Do you want to make a phone call with your device? If yes, get the iPhone.

If not, do you want a large screen or a small screen? iPad or iPod to answer that question.

Apple's marketing is ingenious.

Yeah, my wife has the automated task killer and JuiceDefender but still plugs her phone in numerous times per day
    I'm lucky that I can plug my phone in via USB or my car throughout the day while at work. But I agree, the major downfall to Android phones is the battery life. Based on my scenario and the ability to keep it charged I'd prefer my battery draining phone over an iPhone based on the advanced features and customization it gives me.

A lot of times the battery saving programs can decrease your battery life. Depending on the apps you have installed... sometimes if you kill your data connection while the screen is off an app will cycle to keep retrying a server connection. Or if you kill a process that another process depends on you can run an app into a cycle, etc. So make sure to monitor your battery life with and without JuiceDefender.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyLurker View Post
    Get JuiceDefender/JuiceDefender Ultimate. It really helps, and with a decent custom profile you can get a day or more out of the battery.

With the new Android firmware released, it also helps.

Also, get an automated task killer as well.
    Android devices don't need automated task killers. It's built into the OS to automatically end applications over x hours without use. If you go to an android forum like Android Central, they will yell at you if you have a task killer. Lol

The reason android devices have a lesser battery power is related to:

• Full processor capability (apple devices are under clocked as far as I know.)
    • Bigger, brighter screens.
    • Smaller battery.
    • Android is based on Java and requires more computing power than other devices.
    • 4G takes a lot of battery, especially LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Nelson View Post
    Android devices don't need automated task killers. It's built into the OS to automatically end applications over x hours without use. If you go to an android forum like Android Central, they will yell at you if you have a task killer. Lol
    I'm not sure if she has it set up, I just remember she was messing with it at one point.

[*]Full processor capability (apple devices are under clocked as far as I know.)
    I would be bothered by that if the phone felt slow/laggy/didn't do what I wanted it to do. I can't honestly say I've ever picked up my iPhone 4 and gone "Man, this thing is slow, I wish it were faster!"

[*]Bigger, brighter screens.
    I do hope the iPhone 5 has a 4.0+ inch display, that would be awesome.
    [*]Smaller battery.
    Hmm, I'm not sure ... My iPhone 4 has a 1420mAh battery... Her HTC Inspire came with a 1230mAh battery but she upgraded to a 1600mAh battery... Even with her having nearly 200 mAh more than myself she still plugs it in regularly where as I go 24 to 48 hours without charging (and my phone is almost a year old).
    [*]Android is based on Java and requires more computing power than other devices.
    I've not really looked into what powers Android to be honest... I find it odd that they would use an interpreted language instead of a compiled language to power the OS... Perhaps some of the applications but I don't know - I'd have to look into it.
    [*]4G takes a lot of battery, especially LTE.
    Sure... If she had an LTE phone then that would be an argument but then again - it'd be an argument for ANY phone with LTE (Android or not) as far as battery life.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.

I'm not sure if she has it set up, I just remember she was messing with it at one point.

I would be bothered by that if the phone felt slow/laggy/didn't do what I wanted it to do. I can't honestly say I've ever picked up my iPhone 4 and gone "Man, this thing is slow, I wish it were faster!"

I do hope the iPhone 5 has a 4.0+ inch display, that would be awesome.
    Hmm, I'm not sure ... My iPhone 4 has a 1420mAh battery... Her HTC Inspire came with a 1230mAh battery but she upgraded to a 1600mAh battery... Even with her having nearly 200 mAh more than myself she still plugs it in regularly where as I go 24 to 48 hours without charging (and my phone is almost a year old).
    I've not really looked into what powers Android to be honest... I find it odd that they would use an interpreted language instead of a compiled language to power the OS... Perhaps some of the applications but I don't know - I'd have to look into it.
    Sure... If she had an LTE phone then that would be an argument but then again - it'd be an argument for ANY phone with LTE (Android or not) as far as battery life.
    I'm too busy to separate your quote nicely like you did to mine, but yes all valid points. Most of the reasons I listed were mainly things to explain to people who either have or are coming from an iPhone. Although, I've used both, and my HTC Thunderbolt lasts me a good 2 to 2.5 days before a charge on the stock battery.

I'm too busy to separate your quote nicely like you did to mine, but yes all valid points. Most of the reasons I listed were mainly things to explain to people who either have or are coming from an iPhone. Although, I've used both, and my HTC Thunderbolt lasts me a good 2 to 2.5 days before a charge on the stock battery.
    Indeed, I'm not arguing for or against either. They both have their merits and as long as it does what you need it to do, then that's good!

Heaps of products? Too many to choose from? So confusing?
    In terms of "Applications", (ie; The App Store).

It's all the same product! lol. Different size screens or the ability to make a phone call is the only difference.
    Not what I am exactly referring too.

Very simple. Do you want to make a phone call with your device? If yes, get the iPhone.
    Both pretty much, no wait (Call, Text, Download, E-mail, Intnernet).

If not, do you want a large screen or a small screen? iPad or iPod to answer that question.
    Probably the iPad, I am so blind.

Apple's marketing is ingenious.
    Tell me about it.

In terms of "Applications", (ie; The App Store).

Not what I am exactly referring too.

Both pretty much, no wait (Call, Text, Download, E-mail, Intnernet).

Probably the iPad, I am so blind.

Tell me about it.
    I misunderstood you

I misunderstood you
    I suppose it is the mother-tongue of the AU

Not a problem though, but I do not like a lot of the APPS that end up the APPS Store at times. Some are quite pointless but in a sense some can or could be security risks if allowed to bypass the security of Apple, has happened before I suppose and hence why I do not put a lot of trust in cPanel APPS created by third parties.

I have an iphone4 with the WHMCS app but its terrible the best method for accessing WHMCS is through safari.

Do not even bother buying the WHMCS app

Safari, that is annoying also. Perhaps iOS5 will have some enhancements on it all... Laughs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12