Are you leaving BurstNET? Want a nearby datacenter?

We just relocated all our colo gear out of BurstNET and into Netrepid in Harrisburg. It's about a two-hour drive south on 81 from Dunmore and conveniently located in our own backyard.

They were extremely helpful in getting us up and running as quickly as possible. We orchestrated the move in about 24 hours of rapid fire back-and-forth emails. When I arrived their VP of Operations was on site to help me rack and iron out a minor network issue. Even when I threw some last minute urgent needs at them they didn't hesitate to come through. Pricing is slightly above Burst's new rates, but we upped our bandwidth so your mileage may vary.

We've only been lit there for about 12 hours now. Obviously I can't speak to their reliability or network performance. Normally I wouldn't bother posting a review of a company this early but given the circumstances I thought some other users might appreciate knowing about another choice nearby.

If you go, tell them you're a BurstNET refugee. I know they have some special discounts and they seem to be moving refugees to the front of the line on everything. And if you're in the area and want to grab a coffee or brew and vent with me and FRH Lisa, shoot me a PM. We've got some great coffee roasters and brewpubs down here!

I also want to give a major shout out to the guys at PhoenixNAP. Because of the impossibly short timeframe we couldn't get a working deal in place, but it wasn't for lack of effort. They pulled out all the stops to get us in on time but in the end we were going to be just a few days late.
    The world would be a better place if people drank better coffee.

A bit ridiculous to be saying "refugee sale" - what transpired may have sucked for everyone but let's not throw their years of good track record into the trash.

Let them sort this out - you want to recommend a DC go for it but quit advertising refugee sale - a bit tacky
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

Side note - do you have a teenager on your front page?
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

FRH Dave, I couldn't agree with your more and couldn't have said it better myself. We were setup in less than 24 hours from contract signing. The staff at Netrepid is awesome and their inital response times on emails were rapid. We look forward to working with them. Doing a serach, I'm surprised their name has never come up on this forum in the past. It was nice being only 2 hours from BurstNet, but now its even nicer being 10 minutes from our equipment and to have a great team behind it.

I'm sure we'll run into each other some time at the DC.

Quote Originally Posted by The Broadband Man View Post
    let's not throw their years of good track record into the trash.

No need. They've already done that on their own.

Any datacenter that figures a 24-hour notice to customers of a server move after three months of deliberation is acceptable doesn't deserve my business and won't be anywhere near my customers.
    The world would be a better place if people drank better coffee.

Burst net sucks !

Support tickets are replied after 5-8 hours.
    They do lie to thier clients for colocation , when they are inn, they charge them for the things they stated are free , like kvm moving etc.

Thanks for the mention, Dave! We look forward to working with you at some point in the future Glad to hear you were taken care of in this situation.

Talk soon!
    SingleHop | Chicago - New York - Phoenix - Amsterdam | People Empowered by Automation
    TJ Waldorf | VP, Inside Sales & Marketing | @tj_waldorf | twaldorf @ singlehop.com | poweredby.ai

BURSTNET got any Replies here ?

Quote Originally Posted by HOSTEU View Post
    BURSTNET got any Replies here ?
    Did you find a new colo provider?