Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Can I request this thread stay on topic please? That is, if customers of shaghost want help or advice or information they should contact me. Anything outside of that can be taken to another thread?

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Editor
    Robert, we don't have a history of interaction that I'm aware of.
    Yeah, that's funny. This is why I didn't waste my time.

Mate, either you want to explain yourself or you don't. I've posted my comments of this situation and why.
    As did I.

You're free to do whatever you want with or without infering that you have more to add.
    I'm aware of that, but you were the sole person that asked me to go on about it.

Probably best you start a new thread about these (global?) legalities
    I didn't say global, I didn't say they were anything reseller would be subjected to or in violation of. Just posting comments about how it's perhaps a concern.

that reseller service providers are bound by though, rather than dragging this one out.

Cheers

Gary
    Dragging it out? For goodness sakes, you posted to me and even asked me to go on. I'm not dragging anything out, I figured everyone else "got it" or would ask otherwise. For once stop trying to post anything you can to try and make me seem like a "problem". It's amazing you go out of your way to do this in any post you respond to of mine.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by reseller
    Can I request this thread stay on topic please? That is, if customers of shaghost want help or advice or information they should contact me. Anything outside of that can be taken to another thread?

Yes, I see your point earlier. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. I was simply trying to suggest that there are reasons why a provider can't just do this to any reseller. Be it they paid or not, but that's probably too in-depth and off topic to this specific issue, since you're just posting the annoncement. I didn't mean to take my concern for your actions off track, and I'm sure it'll all be fine. Good luck.
      0 Not allowed!

I agree, there may be (normally) legal ramifications for a company to attempt contact to a reseller's accounts like this, but I think there's a couple things here that make this not-normal:

1) Reseller said it's in his TOS to be able to contact resellers' customers. Whether or not he had a lawyer draw it up and make it legal-like, that's up to him.

2) Reseller said that he has tried to contact him numerous times and that he knows it's not one of those 'oops, I forgot moments'. Maybe he did finally get a hold of him and Reseller is unable to legally talk about what was said. Or maybe Shaghost told him to bugger-off and hung up the phone on him. Or something else that basically means, 'I quit'.

Either way, I am sure you covered your butt - and you are doing a real nice thing here. I hope you get word to all the shag-customers in time.

Take care-
    -WC-
      0 Not allowed!

I agree, and that's probably the best way to explain/put it.
      0 Not allowed!

Just one thing, maybe the owner of shaghost.com is sick or even worse, maybe he died or something? I mean things like this do happen. It's just so strange that someone should bail when they're building up their client base. I mean it's not like their costs were large or anything. 1 reseller account - plenty of WHT posting.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Just one thing, maybe the owner of shaghost.com is sick or even worse, maybe he died or something? I mean things like this do happen. It's just so strange that someone should bail when they're building up their client base. I mean it's not like their costs were large or anything. 1 reseller account - plenty of WHT posting.
    reason more NOT to go with 1 man webhost
      0 Not allowed!

Aussie Bob always thinks of the best outcome
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Just one thing, maybe the owner of shaghost.com is sick or even worse, maybe he died or something? I mean things like this do happen. It's just so strange that someone should bail when they're building up their client base. I mean it's not like their costs were large or anything. 1 reseller account - plenty of WHT posting. :eek:
    That would be tragic.
      0 Not allowed!

..., it can be proven it was a deliberate move on their part and not a "oh I forgot".
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

What you are doing is commendable resellerspace - and an act of genuine kindeness - I'm just wondering how many accounts you are going to be hosting for free after a year or so is all

I would have probably contacted the site owners as you did and allowed them 30 days to find a new host - But that's just my way of thinking - Definitely gone above and beyond on this one - Well done anyway - Your decision was yours to make and like I said commendable
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Samuel

..., it can be proven it was a deliberate move on their part and not a "oh I forgot".
    Oh, now I'm dying to know. :-) I'm curious though, because I thought he said he's not heard from them for a week after they should have paid. I guess something happened before that.

"Robert DeNiro (Goodfellas) **** you pay me!"
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Nice. I'll call you if I have a delinquent client, okay? :-)
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe they cancelled their payments or something - If they use 2checkout or something then thats possible.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, SAH is available for monetary collection through.... non-conventual means...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Samuel
    Yes, SAH is available for monetary collection through.... non-conventual means...

Sounds promising. You guy's outsource any thugs?

Oh, you know what, I completely lost track of the topic of this thread as I was replying. Sorry about that Reseller!
      0 Not allowed!

Haha no this is a once off thing. It all just got to me this whole situation. There was no way I could let these people suffer.

If any other reseller ever does the same though, I wont be bailing out their customers.

As I said it just particularly got me. And obviously I'm not revealing everything
      0 Not allowed!

If I ever default in a payment - it is my fault only, not resellers.
      0 Not allowed!

When I had signed up for shaghost, they were accepting payments via paypal. That means, paypal must have some credit card/ bank details of the shaghost fellows. Wouldn't that give the owner's reall address etc? Just a thought ...

- Rakhesh
      0 Not allowed!

Reseller- did i say your a bad guy?

Did i say that what you are doing is NOT a good thing?

I dont thing so...

At those prices, why not sign up with them
    from another post seems like advertising to me.

Anyway i dont care i was just making a statement...

Good deal.
    Good Bye

Phillip
      0 Not allowed!

Very stand up thing you're doing! Way to go!
      0 Not allowed!

LOL...shaghost closes but snaghost.com opens up, along with staghost, slaghost, swaghost, timmayhost, smaghost, skaghost.

hehehehehehehehe
      0 Not allowed!

That's kind of you, but free or not, I hope you have this in some agreement about this notice. Sometimes it's beyond the law to help people, unfortunately.

Dude, when you own business its not illegal to help out anybody. Didnt you ever see businesses donating money to some people or stuff like that? If reseller owns his company then he may host them for free until he wants to.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Coolium
    Dude, when you own business its not illegal to help out anybody.
    That depends on the situation. It can be.

Didnt you ever see businesses donating money to some people or stuff like that?
    That's a completely different scenario.

If reseller owns his company then he may host them for free until he wants to.
    On his end, he can, yes. My point, which reseller knew what I meant, was that contacting a company's clients saying "They are a reseller on us, and didn't pay bills, move to us" may or may not be a grounds for that reseller that didn't pay to sue them. Not that they could or would, just that it's possible.

It would be like a data center your systems are collocated at contacting all your clients on your systems saying "They didn't pay their bills, we're going to shut them down. If you want to continue hosting without interruption, you are free to host on us. We'll let you have the next x months for free".

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that if the person didn't pay their bill, but sometimes the laws don't allow you to just be able to help people if you want to. There are conditions to this, and I perhaps failed to explain it well.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: ATTN: shaghost.com customers ......

PS. Mods, if this is an inappropriate post please delete it. I do not feel that this classifies as advertising, as we are trying to help out some people on our servers who, like us, have been treated badly by a host.

**edit** we are posting here as a few emails bounced back to us (hotmail and yahoo accounts) so we are trying to contact as many of shaghost.com's customers as we can.
    We must have missed this one, as it is inappropriate. As it has been here for some time, it will only be locked.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12