Please recommend a Dedicated server provider

Hi,

I am looking for a good low-cost dedicated service provider with good technical support via e-mail/chat in case of a problem, since we are in India and picking up the phone and making calls isn't that cheap! We would also be looking at some facility to backup data.

I have spent quite a lot of time today reading "most" posts here about dedicated servers and have narrowed my choices to "Rackshack", "ServerMatrix" and "Server4You".

I would like to have Plesk since I find it better than CPanel so ServerMatrix doesn't seem to fit, though I like the VLAN feature they offer. I am concerned about Rackshack's AUP myself.

So at the end of it all, I must say I am a bit confused. I would really appreciate your recommednations.

For plesk, probably go with RS. If cPanel is an option, I would say ServerMatrix!

What concerns you about RackShacks AUP?

You really should consider Valueweb.com for Ensim or Plesk, or Beachcomber-creations.com for Cpanel - both offer excellent technical support and uptime.
    Unofficial-Support(.com) | Dedicated To Supporting Your Server

• Designed, Hosted & Maintained by Zealous Works Ltd • http://www.zealousworks.com/

if your gonna want good support I dont suggest server4you we have 1 and there good but there support lacks but thats what your get for a server that cheap they gotta cut cost somewhere

You won't go wrong with RS or SM anyway.

Originally posted by misnomer
    You really should consider Valueweb.com for Ensim or Plesk, or Beachcomber-creations.com for Cpanel - both offer excellent technical support and uptime.
    I second the recommendation for BeachComber. Mark is a great guy!
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Meanwhile I happened to see Servint VPS solution.. seems attractive as well! It's looks as good as dedicated! What about that?

If support is what you're looking for then your best bet is Creative Internet Techniques (Foonet) hands down. They are well known and highly respected for their customer service.
    Devon Dunham (Owner, Sharpnet/DDoS Host)
    Advanced DDoS Mitigation and Server Management Solutions

Protecting your online infrastructure.

Est. 1998.