Desperate for help... mystery problem...

Okay I am seriously desperate for help in order to fix this problem which I have been trying to fix for the past several months now. Well actually I should say that I have been trying to get perldesk support to help me and have even offered to pay extra for help but their support is TERRIBLE. I am just appalled. The only response they give me is that they will help me shortly... they will help me shortly... they have been saying this for months but NEVER get back to me or reply to the tickets at all!!!!

I had to update the flash codes on my website as shown in this thread:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ghlight=jpwear

But ever since I did that perldesk will NOT load the flash on my website at all. ALL pages do load the flash just fine EXCEPT for ALL pages inside perldesk. This makes NO sense.

Does anybody here by any chance have ANY idea WHY it is that after I updated the flash codes on my website as mentioned in the above thread... perldesk will NOT load the flash with those new flash codes?

This makes NO sense...

Give us the HTML output of the perldesk script, and we can see a little more into what's going on.

Moved to technical issues
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Did you take the perldesk related pages in browser from a different location other than from inside from the perl desk?
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

kvnband,
    I don't want to publicly post the url of that site here on the forum... but I will PM it if necessary.

david510,
    No I didn't do anything like that... all I did was I simply logged into perldesk admin section and then delete my old flash codes in the html and then replaced it with the new flash codes.

I then also logged in via ftp and uploaded the javascript file called "swfobject" (this has to be uploaded in order for the new flash codes to work). That's it... that's all I did!

Then I visited my helpdesk pages online and noticed that perldesk will NOT load the flash at all when using the new flash codes.

Since I only edited the perldesk pages inside the perldesk admin area I also uploaded the pages via ftpinto the perldesk section to see if that would fix it but it didn't.

This makes absolutely NO sense. Why are my regular pages loading the flash just fine with the new flash codes but NOT any pages inside perldesk?

I do not like the fact that I have to upload a javacsript file called "swfobject" to make the flash work. This to me is very strange. I don't like these new flash codes at all... I want to change and use something else.

There were my OLD flash codes which I could no longer use thanks to the update microsoft made to the internet explorer browser... when using these old codes it would produce a black square line around flash object if you moved your mouse over it. So I cot rid of these old codes:

<object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" width="163" height="128">
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.example.com/motion/sec1off.swf">
    <param name="quality" value="high">
    <embed src="http://www.example.com/motion/sec1off.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="163" height="128"></embed>
    </object>

.... and then replaced it with these new codes:

<div id="flashcontent1">
    This text is replaced by the Flash movie.
    </div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var so = new SWFObject("motion/sec1off.swf", "movie", "163", "128", "7", "#336699");
    so.addParam("quality", "high");
    so.addParam("wmode", "transparent");
    so.addParam("salign", "t");
    so.write("flashcontent1");

BUT when using the new codes perldesk will NOT load the flash!

All other pages will but not pages inside perldesk. Ridiculous! I cannot figure this out.

I don't want to use ANY of these codes... what other flash codes could I use instead of the above two types? There is soemthing strange and iffy about the new codes.... I'd rather use another type of codes... but what?

I don't know how to code flash

It isn't the workaround that's causing your problems, I'm sure. That code, or variants of it, has been used on thousands of sites without a problem. Pleaes PM me the link to the Pdesk installation so I can take a look at the source.

Sorry for the delay in response.

The problem was solved... silly me... the problem was that in my flash code I had forgotten to place the full url of my site into the flash code and therefore perldesk was unable to link to the flash and load it.

But now there is a brand new problem!

It is a VERY strange problem. This problem doesn't happen when using the internet explorer browser... this problem ONLY happens when using the firefox browser.

I have a link to perldesk on my website... that is how my customers access the helpdesk of course by clicking on that link which takes them to the helpdesk. BUT if you do this when using the firefox browser it takes literally (no joke) at least 3 or 5 minutes for it to FINALLY take you to the helpdesk and load the helpdesk login page.

It takes an EXTREMELY long time. It just HANGS... and then several minutes later FINALLY loads the helpdesk. Something is VERY wrong.

This does NOT happen when using internet explorer... then it loads lightning fast every single time. But when using the firefox browser... it is EXTREMELY slow taking 3 or 5 minutes 99% of the time.

This problem only started happening a few days ago after I was attempting to fix the flash codes... i don't understand what happened. perhaps I messed something up by accident? But this makes NO sense!!!! WHY on earth is this ONLY happening in the firefox browser and working just fine in internet explorer if that is the case?

I have written to perldesk but their support is awful... I get no help there. if anybody here has ANY idea what the problem might be.. I would be extremely grateful for any ideas as to what it could be...

Thanks.

PS - The only thing I did when previously trying to fix the flash codes was... I accidentally messed up the default.tpl file in the perldesk admin interface.. . so I simply copy/pasted a backup of that file I had saved to replace the default.tpl file I had messed up... ever since then... this problem has been happening. But that backup was a decent and valid back up of the defult.tpl file I had saved... so why would that have caused the problem. It couldn't have?
    Last edited by Frosty; 02-18-2007 at 10:04 PM.

david510,

What did you mean by that? Do you mean that I should not have pasted the codes from a different location?

I had a backup of the default.tpl file and then simply copy/pasted it into the perldesk admin section to replace the destroyed default.tpl file and then also uploaded the backed up default.tpl file via ftp...