Thumbs up My Review of The Planet

Fortunately I did not experiance any downtime during the recent problems The Planet was having and am very sorry to hear about everyone who has.

Although they had an issue with the power and backup they really are one of the best datacenters around. I would have to say in the years of business I have done with the planet I have never had one problem.

I will say this though. I do feel they got too big too fast. Support has definitely gone down a bit when it comes to Phone Support but they are usually pretty good with tickets, although sometimes I feel some of their tech's arn't too technical. Almost seems like a call center sort of thing where the agents work off a knowledgebase or simply move the ticket up to Level 2 techs who actually know whats going on.

I could be wrong, just an assumption.

Overall I am very happy with The Planet and can't even begin to think about moving to a different datacenter. Mainly because there arn't many choices these days that are dependable.

I've seen way too many DC's get raided by the FBI, go Bankrupt, oversell bandwidth, and just simply go out of business, but being with The Planet I do not feel I have to worry about any of that. Hopefully they will just catch up to their expansions and get things under control. They are always introducing new services and better support methods for their customers. Sometimes I ask myself, how can it get any better than this?

So to anyone looking to get a their first server, or looking for a better datacenter I would HIGHLY recommend going with The Planet.
    TheDedicatedReview.com
    ben@thededicatedreview.com
    Dedicated Server Reviews and Specials.

Thank You for the nice review. If you need any assistance feel free to drop us a line.
    Jeff Reinis
    (469) 607-3005 - jreinis@cogentco.com
    www.cogentco.com
    Datacenter Colocation - Tier-1 IP Transit - Bandwidth Solutions

Good review and I, for the most part, have had the same experience. Although I must say.. over the last 1 - 2 months.. support hasn't been up to the recent level its been at.

TP has had some very good support through-out the time i've used them.. but I have noticed quite a few techs on the help desk.. not being the most brightest in the bunch..
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

Although they had an issue with the power and backup they really are one of the best datacenters around
    heh, hmm...
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.