Need some advices on start a high IO cloud hosting business

Hi guys,

I need some advices on start a high IO cloud hosting business. I m a system architect for a finance firm, the cloud environment I built for the firm can archive a high disk IO speed, and there is still room to improve the disk performance, see below,

disk performance: ( benchmark from one of the Windows VMs )

sequential read ---- 126 mbytes/sec
    sequential write---- 129.2 mbytes/sec
    random seek +RW --- 164.6 mbytes/sec

There are HA on the SAN, VM servers and network equipments too.

My questions is, what is the market outlook for such high IO cloud hosting? and how should I price the hosting service?

Thanks a lot.

You also want to look at the IOPS for both reads and writes. The MB/sec is not always as important. Depending on the block size used in the benchmarks, the MB/sec can vary. For example, with a 4KB block size, MB/sec numbers over 100 are pretty impressive. But with a 32KB block size, the numbers are less impressive since they represent less IOPS.

Anyway, I would say there is definitely a market for cloud services with solid performing IO. After all, the IOPS of the disk storage is nearly always going to be a major limiting factor for performance. Businesses that are serious about performance will care about that issue and pay extra for a high performance solution.

The market for such services may be quite narrow on WHT, though. A lot of guys looking for VPS solutions on WHT are merely looking for the lowest price possible. Would they be willing to pay $100/month or even $50/month for a cloud solution with high performance disk IO? Probably not. A lot of them will go for really cheap VPS solutions where dozens of VMs share a single slow SATA drive. But keep in mind that those guys only represent one part of the overall market. There are plenty of businesses that prefer fast and reliable instead of cheap.
    No Support Linux Hosting Bargain cPanel Hosting Experts Only
    We IGNORE the support questions, and pass the SAVINGS on to YOU!
    We also ignore questions about VPS Hosting